CELECOXIB

spark2
spark2 Member Posts: 3
edited 1. Jul 2010, 01:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every one ,my name is Andrew and this is my first post on the forum.I have osteo arthritis in my hands and feet.I have just been prescribed celecoxib 100mg tablets to be taken one twice a day.I also have tramadol 50mg of which i take two four times a day .I only take these when the pain is unbearable, i have recently become really tired very easilly and wondered if any one else these tablets feel the same .

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Andrew,

I am not on those but do know a lot of tablets can make you tired though often for a short time only as your body adjusts to them. Hopefully someone who takes them will come along soon but I just wanted to say hi and welcome. Nice to meet you Cris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum.

I have to OA too. Tramadol can cause drowiness but so can arthritis itself ... struggling more to do daily tasks, tolerating pain and also if your sleep is affected.

If you are at all worried about your meds - have a chat with the pharmacist or go back to your GP. Meds often need tweaking before they are right.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Jun 2010, 06:37
    Hello. Tramadol is morphine based: I save mine for night-time use to help me get some sleep, I cannot take them during the day because they do make me so drowsy! For daytime I use co-codamol 30/500 to take the edge off. Perhaps a visit to your GP is needed, to discuss pain relief alternatives. I have a different arthritis to you, but the disease itself can cause tiredness, especially when flaring.

Lucky you to have the celebrex. I used to take it, as an anti-inflammatory, and it worked well. My GP then changed me to naproxen, which is cheaper and rubbish. It does nothing. I wish you well, dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Hi Andrew welcome to the forum,
    I have been on celebrex for over ten years for my arthritis,
    they don't make you drowsy, I found them brilliant,
    but have been taken off all anti-flamitries due to kidney trouble
    I hope this helps . One doctor wanted to take me off them a few years ago because they are classed as one of the expensive drugs, so if they do help don't be persuaded to come of them , unless you are at risk like me .
    Sue
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I've just popped in to say welcome to the site. I hope you find it useful. I certainly do. :wink: Sorry you have to have arthritis though. Love Sue
  • spark2
    spark2 Member Posts: 3
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I've just popped in to say welcome to the site. I hope you find it useful. I certainly do. :wink: Sorry you have to have arthritis though. Love Sue
    Thanks to every one for taking time to reply. It is nice to know after so many months of frustration that their are kind people willing to listen and give advice. My wife is the most wonderfull thing in my life but at times i dont like to burden her with my worries .Thanks again and i hope to get to know every one a little better through time.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    spark2 wrote:
    [
    My wife is the most wonderfull thing in my life but at times i dont like to burden her with my worries .Thanks again and i hope to get to know every one a little better through time.

HI & welcome to the forum ..... glad it has already been useful for you.

I think many of us tend to worry about the affect our condition has on our partners .... and there are times when I will tell people on here things that I'd rather not say to my hubby because he has enough to worry about already... so you are not alone at all in feeling that!

However, I have found that it is important to talk to him about how things are affecting me, so that he is aware of what is troubling me, and we can work things out together. We dont' always have the answer .... but we can help each other to understand how we are feeling.

hope to see you posting soon
    take care
    WONky
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Wives/husbands can be a wonderful support but they also have their own frustrations with this malarkey. They feel powerless, there is nothing they can do to make things better, they cannot change what is happening. It is important to keep the lines of communication open - and not to take them for granted. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben