? loose THR

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
Hi
I had a THR in Feb 2009 and things have been going well with that side .I have been experiencing pain in my thigh and groin on my THR side for about a week. It is also causing discomfort in my knee. It is more painful when driving /using pedals. I haven`t seen my consultant at 1 year as he apparently has left the Trust and I am on a waiting list to see some one else. I have made an appointment to see my GP this week, but wondered if this type of pain is experienced if prosthesis is coming loose?? Or what it could be?? It doesn`t really ease if I sit either.
Thanks
NB

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nearly,

Sorry to see this and hope your gp can get you bumped up the waiting list actually. I can't help but leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope. Cris x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    Hi NB

It is impossible for us to say what the pain could be and only a doctor may be able to tell you after examination or possibly a scan

As you are having difficulty driving, are you sitting at an angle where you bottom is lower than your knees? If so it may help if you sit on a cushion whereby your bottom is either higher than or level with your knees.

If you wish to talk it through just give us a call.

Best wishes

Simona
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi, definitely pop to your GP - they can order an x ray to check it is all in order and hopefully get you the check up that you should have had (regardless of your consultant moving or not.) In the meantime don't worry too much, you could easily have overdone it or pulled something ... can you think of anything you have done differently or more of in the week previous.

Keep us updated.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies. I have spoken to the secretaries at the hospital. I have a few options, but am seeing my GP tomorrow. I haven`t done anything different and it really doesn`t feel like I have pulled anything. It isn`t getting any better and I have had sciatic pain down my leg into my foot.
    I had a bad day today and got upset at work due to pain. i hope my GP can help me find out what is wrong.
    I`ll keep you posted.
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello nearlybionic, just wishing you good luck today with your GP. I hope he/she will be able to give you some answers. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hello NB

I was thinking about you and wondered how things were with your hip.. Has it come loose?

Marion
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi NB only just seen your post & wondered how you got on at your GPs did he request an xray? Keep us informed Maria x
  • maria09
    Hi NB only just seen your post & wondered how you got on at your GPs did he request an xray? Keep us informed Maria x
  • maria09