Activities in very hot weather

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 29. Jun 2010, 12:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
So what do you all do when the weather is THIS hot? I think it's fabulous and enjoy getting browner each day. Also, it's a good excuse to do some serious posing in your shades (which I am told is now an old-fashioned word - they're called "sunnies" now).

I was out on Friday night, then had a neighbour's BBQ to go to on Saturday and we went to a wedding on Sunday all day.

I spend as much time outdoors as I can, even if it's just watching my girls wear themselves out. And I do as little cooking as possible (managed that quite well at the weekend!).

I'm not still doing lots of washing though, that's calmed down now we've had a few good weeks of this weather. I usually start hot spells like this frantically washing everything I can find before the weather turns again :)

Nx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sleep Nina.....

sleeep...... :wink:

Seriuously done 4 loads of washing today a020.gif

and its nearly all dry :D

Mind you what is this green sort of stringy thing????

Put it out anyway...

all the birds flew off :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I stay indoors. I don't want meth rash. :x DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ninakang
    Mankini? ALL sorts of images sprang to mind just then! :shock:

Toni, glad I'm not the only one who washes everything in sight, although I still haven't done my net curtains - what would my mum say?!

DD - do you still get a rash even in the shade?

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Knowing my luck, probably yes! I tend to sit out in the coolth of an early morning. I don't go out in the evening because of the bily witches and stag beetles. Ugh. I just don't do nature. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ninakang
    Babycham and DD, poor you guys :(

Well yesterday was a non starter for me. I rushed home to the girls at 4pm because my hubby was on lates last night, got changed into shorts and vest and rushed out into the garden, just as the sun disappeared behind some clouds!

I have yet to see some sunshine... I don't like this muggy sticky weather.

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    they said we would have rain last night but no such luck so have to water garden later if still non :(:(:( is bit cooler though . i sit in shade and read book or potter in garden washing all done (well was yesterday better check washing basket in a bit it fills all on its own lol)
    val
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    babycham wrote:
    valval wrote:
    they said we would have rain last night but no such luck so have to water garden later if still non :(:(:( is bit cooler though . i sit in shade and read book or potter in garden washing all done (well was yesterday better check washing basket in a bit it fills all on its own lol)
    Hi Val what about the ironing oneXCham

they do there own or it does not get done youngest 24 so they are old enough lol if in wash basket it gets washed then put on table they take up stairs well nagg for couple of days lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi everyone :D

We got a dull, but HOT day here :(

Hope you dont get bitten today Cham,

Got a mental picture of Del as a sloth..... :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    delboy wrote:
    When hot I metamorphose into a sloth.

That explains why my OH gets out of bed late to lie on the sofa most of the day.

Me I just carry on doing the same old housework, no time to sit in a garden.3 lots of washing today and dont want the MTX rash, wrinkles and previous sun damage to worsen either.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    Well today because I'm working late, the sun's come back out! I was stuck in the most boring meeting in the history of the whole universe - that's 6 hours (SIX HOURS!) of my life I'm never going to get back.

The blokes have turned the air conditioning up far too much - I'm quite cold sitting here!

Nx