up date - at 5.30am!!

psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 1. Jul 2010, 06:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi - to anyone who is up or who reads this later!!

am up having cuppa while waiting for pain relif to kick in!! Hands are not good at all!!! slowly but surely they are getting worst as the lower dose of methx takes affect!!! was put down to 10ml from 15ml end of april so is this normal to take this long for effects to be felt?? do feel better????with less side effects, hardly any nausa at the wknd, and feel the gabapentin is working slowly?? Dont feel so slugish in the mornings as have stopped the amptripiline>> soz cant spellll!!! as taking gabapentin at night is def helping with pain relief but have noticed pain in moring is worst!!!!! came back yesterday from a lovely wknd away at a rally in the caravan - OH was so chilled!! but sat morning was pacing the caravan with pain!!!!! until gabapentin kicked in!!! am slowly increasing them - hopng and praying that no side effects!!! cant go down route of them making me drowsy as need to drive to work and uni!! BUT have put on weight - are they that quick - started last monday???? :cry::cry::cry: I hope not - am worried about putting weight on as struggle now - underactive thyroid has made me put on 2 stone!!!!!!! :cry: and my kness and ankle know it!!!!

Anyway - (((((hugs))))) to anyone who needs them - will try to sleep now!!!

Louise xxxxxx
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Louise :D

This might sound strange when you are struggling with changeover of meds...but you sound so much better in yourself? :wink:

It's always a balancing act when reducing one med and gradually introducing another but from what you say your changeover from amatriptyline to gabapentin is good. however reducing the Mtx seems to be having mixed results?...good in that the nausea is improving.....but 'bad' as the reduced dose may be responsible for letting arther rear his head in your joints !
    you shouldn't have to suffer such pain early morns so maybe a call back to the doc or rheummy is needed to look at more effective pain control. :roll: :?:

glad you have had a good weekend rally; sounded great! :D:D

love and hugs

Iris xxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Louise,

Sorry don't really get your meds (ie have OA) but really hope you continue to get sorted out. Hopefully as the gabapentin dose increases you will get more pain relief day and night.

Glad you had a great weekend.

Take care,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You are certainly sounding much more sparky - these things do take time to sort themselves out, but I reckon you are doing better than you were, and that can only be good. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Louise,

Try not to worry about your weight too much, tackle that one when your pain's under control, if you can.

Maybe because your dose of Mtx has been dropped your body is adapting to the lower dose but will still take time to build up in your system. My dose was dropped, in the beginning, from 12.5mg to 10mg that was because of side effects and I was already responding well. My RA has been stabilised even with the lower dose.

Glad you feel brighter in yourself but sorry it's still a battle.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hey this does sound good and you sond way more positive :D

I got up to max does of gabapentin and put on no weight at all - mind yo they didnt work fo me either - so maybe that's why? :roll:

Hope things keep going well and the gabap's do the job.

As linda says - wight issues can wait - pain needs to go :)

Love

Toni xx
  • psyart
    hi and thanks for words of support!! I do try to stay positive and I am feeling more positive but as you all know - that is a battle in itself!!! things have been hard this week, not just pain but life issues!!! I found out recently that the sch I work for is not offering me the 2days and extra that I was told I would get - so need to look for another job!!!! as some of you may know I have been studying for my degree and am on my first year - I got the results from an assignment that I did when I wasnt myself - march april time!! and i have failed it - i got a D- so that is not good!! i can resubmit - but its another battle to win!!!!

I am trying to feel positive about the changes in meds - surely its my time to win something?? just a small thing would be good!! :roll:

thanks again guys and (((((hugs))))) to you all.

louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Yes maybe it IS your turn to win the raffle :D

That would be lovely

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I'm sorry you'r having so much pain, it really can take over, I know. I hope things settle down for you and HOPEFULLY they start to do their proper job! :? I have very sore hands, expecially in the morning, but yours sound worse than mine! I'm not being childish, honest, cross my heart. :lol: #
    Lots of love and a hug, Sue ((((())))) :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Louise,

You can't do something well when you are feeling a sou were in march/april so don't beat your self up over the D. When can you re do it?

Med change overs are a bit difficult for a while but hopefully they have got a better combination for you now and it will all be less painful for you.

Hey you do sound a lot more upbeat so well done for that and I agree worry about your weight once your pain in under control flower cus its too hard to diet when your feeling so rough. Luv and a ((( ))) Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    How are things today psyart? You were definitely sounding brighter, I hope that still applies. DD
  • psyart
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    How are things today psyart? You were definitely sounding brighter, I hope that still applies. DD

Hi DD - pain wise am bit better and am increasing gabapentin to 3 tablets today!! have noticed that when i take them - by next hour pain is better so keep fingers crossed - oh no cant do that!!! am trying to feel positive about new meds and if it gets me off methx then that is a big positive thing!!!

how are you doing - know you have been having it rough for a while - hope this are getting better??

((((())))) hugs to help. take care

louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Thanks for asking - I wish they were! Never mind, I've been here before with it all, I'll be here again. At least that's one certainty in my life. DD
  • psyart
    Hi - Toni, Sue and Cris - thanks for support. as I said to DD, am really trying to stay positive - coming off methx will be such a relief!!!

(((((hugs))))) to you all and hope you are doing ok??

I am seeing my tutor next wed, so they will help me on how to get a better grade!! I suppose with everything else, i had hoped that I would just pass the assignment!! I am lucky that the tutor is very good and they are supportive so i think i can work through it!! i'm not sure when i can re-submit - will find out next week.

thanks again for support - reading comments do help and make me feel that am not alone in this battle!!

louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Louise, you have a lot on your plate. I'm glad your tutor is being helpful and supportive re assignment. Hopefully as the meds get sorted it will all get easier for you.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    You face these things alone, but you are not on your owm if that makes sense. We know what it's like, we'll do all we can to help. Good luck with the re-submission, they shouldn't really turn you down. If they do, I'll wave my arthritis wand and give'em a dose. DD
  • psyart
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You face these things alone, but you are not on your owm if that makes sense. We know what it's like, we'll do all we can to help. Good luck with the re-submission, they shouldn't really turn you down. If they do, I'll wave my arthritis wand and give'em a dose. DD

hi DD - bad night? (((((((hugs))))))))

I will think of you when talking to tutor - which dose will you give them - injec on bum???? :D:D - if yoou like me then got lots of meds to choose from!!!!!

take care
    louise xxxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh no, no meds, a good and through flare of RA, combined with PA and OA for good measure. Then they'll know what it's like. I am feeling spiteful - tiredness, I guess! DD
  • psyart
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh no, no meds, a good and through flare of RA, combined with PA and OA for good measure. Then they'll know what it's like. I am feeling spiteful - tiredness, I guess! DD

with what you are going through then you are allowed to be spiteful - life is sh@t sometimes and with 'arthur' it doesnt care if you want a break from it - it will come and go when it pleases!!!!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))) to help?

louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    No, I'm not. Bad health is no excuse for bad manners. Tiredness tho - that does make it harder to be polite! DD
  • psyart
    yes that true - but dont you think on here we all get like it so will be ok about it and understand and not take it the wrong way!!?? thats what makes this site special for us!!

hope you feeling better today??

((((hugs))))

louise x
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm OK thanks. Lots to do, and I will do it in fits and starts. The problem is the stairs, I'm up and down them like a yo-yo at the moment, without sticks 'cos I'm carrying stuff, well I carry it up, throw it down! Our stairs are steep and narrow, and we have two flights of them. Usually I leave the top floor well alone, but not at the mo! DD