Arcoxia=chest pain=trip to hospital

roses1
roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
edited 29. Jun 2010, 11:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Well i tried the Arcoxia thursday then another friday about hr after had uncomfortable pain in chest felt a little unwel so went to bed. Got up 6am saturday still felt a bit yuk and had pains in chest throughout morning they didnt subside they got worse checked on internet and rang NHS direct they got doctor to ring me back who told me to ring 999 well i nearly dropped through the floor! First response car turned up amazingly fast and then the ambulance ,heart was monitered, finger pricked for blood sugar, blood pressure, spray under me tongue. Then took to hospital pretty much the same treatment with an added heart x-ray, couple of tablets, blood taken thought i was having a heart attack :shock: The doctor then decided to keep me in and monitor heart :cry: so they gave me a bed and wired me up! OH had to rush back home just got back in time for the doctor to come, 7.pm by this time, who said heart was fine blood was fine and i could go home :D and not to take any more tablets and if pain came back (as it was only slight by now) to go staight back. So quite a day!!!!

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Wow Roses, sounds like you have had a scary time.

Take it easy and rest up.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • roses1
    HI Speedy

Yes it was very scary, i am resting up and being looked after.
    Hope you are feeling good.

Rose x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, What a time you've had! Still, sounds as if you did all the right things and it must have been scary for you.

Have a good rest and take care! I hope you soon feel a lot better. Love Sue xxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Wow Roses, I certainly hope your chest pain has gone now. :shock:

It's reassuring that help was there for you so quickly, the NHS can be brilliant can't they.

Take care.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Roses,

That's a horrible thing isn't it? Glad all the tests were ok and your heart is sound. I really glad to see your resting and hope it never happens again. You take it easy and I also think Legs is right the NHS can be so good. Glad they looked after you so well. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well they gave you a great mot but bet it was so scary . had chest pain and difficulty breathing couple of years back ended up in hospital exrays monitor ect home next morning no idea what caused it lol at least you have an idea what caused yours. and you know your heart healthy :D val :D:D
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh roses1, how horrible. I am so sorry, but pleased that you are OK, home safe and sound, and resting. Was it due to the arcoxia? What will you take now, any idea? Scary. Ooooooh. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • roses1
    Hi All,
    Thanks for the kind words, Yes it was scary , the NHS can be good and at least i know me hearts in good working order. The Arcoxia was responsible even though they dont actually say it but tell you not to have any more! :roll: like im going to! I suppose i'll continue to suffer and take a paracetamol till DR gets report (this will be quicker than next rheumy app) to see how my condition is and go from there. What else can i do?
    Some good news , this morning got phone call with an appointment for physio and OT on Friday !!! Dont really feel up to it but would have to wait till august so going for it. UP THE NHS!! eh?

Take care
    Rose x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Rose :shock:

Wow!

Well-scary!!

Glad all is well though.

Also glad you have apt for physio even if you dont feel like it.

Let us know what the outsome is wont you?? I take arcoxia :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Rose - just caught up on this post - sorry you had such a frightening experience but glad you are ok. Hope you can find a good alternative to the Arcoxia though - and good luck for your physio and OT appts.

Love Tillyx