Feeling proud

pennycrayon
pennycrayon Member Posts: 69
edited 30. Jun 2010, 14:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just went swimming for 40mins after work today. Am feeling very proud of myself. Think I will be sore tomorrow though. Gonna keep persevering though and try and go once or twice a week.

Hope everyone is okay today,
xx

:D

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Penny

Good for you! That IS something to be proud and happy about. I hope you do not ache too much tomorrow. If so, perhaps take it easier next time you go swimming!

You should post this on the Reason to be Cheerful or Highlight of your Day threads on the ChitChat Zone because it is both, isn't it?

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Well done Pennycrayon, good for you. Sounds like you really enjoyed it too.

If you are too sore, then reduce how much you do next time a little until you find what your body is comfy with and then build up gradually from your baseline. It is notoriously easy to over do it in the water, feel fine at the time and pay later ...

Hope you don't ache too much.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • pennycrayon
    Yeah i will certainly be careful about how much I do. I used to go swimming for an hour to an hour and a half, so 40 mins didnt seem much to me. I forget sometimes though that I am not as active as before.

Fingers crossed anyway for no sore joints tomorrow :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well done you: let's hope tomorrow (today!) isn't too bad! Let us know what reaction you had to it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pennycrayon
    not feeling too sore today. Yay for me. :-)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    well done keep saying must go but not to confident would be able to get out and how embarising would that be :oops: :oops: will do it though val
    val
  • pennycrayon
    the only way i can get out of the pool is up some stone steps. If it was a ladder or having to pull myself out i don't know what id do.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, It must be nice to get some exercise in the water, especially at this hot time of year. :D I can;'t swim, but wish I could! :oops:
    I panic if the water gets on my face. :oops: Love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Penny,

Well done, you have good reason to be proud of yourself. Good news too that you're not too sore. I used to swim well but am unable to now instead a do a series of exercises in the hydrotherapy pool for an hour a week. I always polish my halo when I get out of the water :wink:

Keep it up.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    That's brilliant Penny .. hope you can keep up going twice a week.. I am very jealous - I can just about float!

Best wishes

Marikon
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    congrats penny :D good for you! hope you continue to enjoy and benefit from it.

Irisxxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    wish we had stone steps those silly metal steps no good at moment lol
    val