Watering cans

suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 11. Jul 2010, 05:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
My large one is to heavy for me . My sons is to small to keep filling any ladys light weight watering cans you could recommend from joanne
Joanne

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Joanne

Google NuCan Push Button Watering Can. You may find this flat sided watering can lighter and easier to manage.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Suncatcher, I have been using my usual watering can half full to water my tubs.

Elna - looks interesting. I have a watering can like that in design, just missing the button - have used it indoors for years - waters like small indoor can but you don't have to keep going to the tap ....

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    suncatcher wrote:
    My large one is to heavy for me . My sons is to small to keep filling any ladys light weight watering cans you could recommend from joanne
    Have you considered only half filling it?

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My mum uses a 2 pint milk container now - fits the billl for her. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suncatcher
    Hose pipe not good for my seeds hanging baskets use that for bedding climbers etc.
    Half filling to much walking to ing fro ing
    the cartons sound a good idea maybe the plastic ones i can pour it out gently and fill a few bottles up with hose might try that
    I am going to look at google to see the watering can when ive finished looking at site thanks all joanne
    Joanne
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    use watering can one day and fill watering can and bucket ready for next day also got small one elephant one(love elephants)
    val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi You can get adjustable heads for hosepipes so you have as much control of the water as you would with a watering can. In fact if you'r like me you'd have more control, as if something is too heavy my wrists give was and I drop things. That could be fatal for your seeds!!! :oops: :)
    Love Sue PS Its very stormy looking here at the moment, I think we might, just might have a watering from above! :lol: That would make my husbands day, as the ground around here is so solid and dusty dry.
    Love Sue
  • suncatcher
    valval wrote:
    use watering can one day and fill watering can and bucket ready for next day also got small one elephant one(love elephants)

Good idea thanks
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi You can get adjustable heads for hosepipes so you have as much control of the water as you would with a watering can. In fact if you'r like me you'd have more control, as if something is too heavy my wrists give was and I drop things. That could be fatal for your seeds!!! :oops: :)
    Love Sue PS Its very stormy looking here at the moment, I think we might, just might have a watering from above! :lol: That would make my husbands day, as the ground around here is so solid and dusty dry.
    Love Sue

No i wouldnt like to bash my seeds though it is something id probably do. I am going to have a look around at hoses and cans
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Hi hubby got me a push button and pump spray can. I pump the water and i dont even have to press the button and it sp[rays out differant amounts and its lovely and light i fill it ready for next day useing hose which i use for rest of garden and chicken watering. one prob sorted thankyou all from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • whalewatcher
    whalewatcher Member Posts: 90
    There is a charity called Thrive at http://www.carryongardening.org.uk/ which has good tips on gardening. They have info on watering cans or if you have a big garden you might want to splash (sorry!) out on an automated watering system. These systems can be a bit tricky if your fingers are not too strong but worth a look at. Useful if you go away or if you are just having a bad day & can't face watering.

Whalewatcher
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Just had a thought, we brought some flower troughs with a false bottom in and a long tube going down to it, the idea is that you only fill up every few days, or when you can.

Neither of us could dig this year, so we brought some soft bags for growing potatoes in and placed them next to the watering point, the earlies are just about ready now. Our vegetable bed is 200 feet away otherwise.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • suncatcher
    airwave wrote:
    Just had a thought, we brought some flower troughs with a false bottom in and a long tube going down to it, the idea is that you only fill up every few days, or when you can.

Neither of us could dig this year, so we brought some soft bags for growing potatoes in and placed them next to the watering point, the earlies are just about ready now. Our vegetable bed is 200 feet away otherwise.

8) Its a grin, honest!

I hadnt heard of those tubs will look out for them. You have to keep rethinking everything as everything changes. Hope your potatos do well. Might try that next year anything for an easy life thanks joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    There is a charity called Thrive at http://www.carryongardening.org.uk/ which has good tips on gardening. They have info on watering cans or if you have a big garden you might want to splash (sorry!) out on an automated watering system. These systems can be a bit tricky if your fingers are not too strong but worth a look at. Useful if you go away or if you are just having a bad day & can't face watering.

Whalewatcher
    Thanks for that its a good link. joanne
    Joanne
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Wilkinsons or B n Q, they do all sizes, saves my back as well!

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • speedalong
    Hi Suncatcher,
    this thread and the ideas on here persuaded me to compliment my half filled watering can for a new hose (the other one had lots of kinks in it and was tempermental) and a new spraygun end thingy that lets me water anything from seeds to pots to the borders ... GREAT - have played with my new toys all afternoon!! And plants are looking all the better for it too!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • suncatcher
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Suncatcher,
    this thread and the ideas on here persuaded me to compliment my half filled watering can for a new hose (the other one had lots of kinks in it and was tempermental) and a new spraygun end thingy that lets me water anything from seeds to pots to the borders ... GREAT - have played with my new toys all afternoon!! And plants are looking all the better for it too!!

Speedy

Im glad i inspried you and you have had a lovely afternoon with your toys. My sprayer stays on it has a soft push button. It seem to stay on though. my husbend spoke i forgot this point turned round to him and he got covered :lol: I really love useing it. It is very light weight.
    Joanne
  • speedalong
    :lol::lol::lol:
    bet that cooled him down a bit!!!

Speedy
  • suncatcher
    speedalong wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    bet that cooled him down a bit!!!

Speedy
    IT DID :lol:
    Joanne