DAILY EXPRESS

carola
carola Member Posts: 786
edited 1. Jul 2010, 07:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
My Gran has just telephoned me to say that the Daily Express newspaper has an article in it about people arriving to UK from other countries, applying AND GETTING all sorts of disability benefits then returning to their countries.

They do not work even one day in the UK AND we continue to send them over a £100 a week even although they do not live in UK.

Haven't been able to get out today for a paper but now shaking my fist in the air and scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreaming!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi just read it and made my blood boil google it it down towards the bottom of page 121 pounds a week so unfair will not claim off own counrty as would not get as much money
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    I am not even going to start on this subject - I'll just leave that to Mel, Del or Rehab :x They do it so much better!

Nx
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Someone must have been reading my posts, I commented on this a few days ago. Living with Arthritis> The budget and its meaning for us.> Page 3.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    Quote from a link above.
    But the only people free from accountability are those, mostly former migrants, who have left these shores and receive these benefits abroad.

Message to DWP: Bags packed, passport renewed, free at last, no tests, no checks, no problems, no worries, secure income. Me and your money will be gone.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    It's in the daily express so it's probably not true, that paper is full of negative stuff and constant stories about poor old Madeline McCane asylum seekers and princes Dianna, well that and the latest weather disater that is coming to town taxation MSRA Muslim terrorists street gang shooting and stabbings, the only thing I read in it and believe is the TV page.
  • mellman01
    Hi Len bin doin a Word Excel course and then went to GP, looks like I may get an MRI on me back, mind you had to argue my case even though I have private health care, GP's never fail to amaze me.
    Been one hell of a week being blown up on Monday was a sure sign it was going to s%it one.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    perhaps we should leave uk, come back, pretend we arent english and get some money!
  • mellman01
    oneday wrote:
    perhaps we should leave uk, come back, pretend we arent english and get some money!

Boy oh boy could I have fun with this post 1 Day,mind you if I did I would probably explode myself!!.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oooooh. Messy. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oooooh. Messy. :( DD

Yep DD it could well b!, but I'm tired now and it's hot and me neck hurts and anywaytop gear is on so I is watchin that now.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Message to DWP: Bags packed, passport renewed, free at last, no tests, no checks, no problems, no worries, secure income. Me and your money will be gone.

But how will we cope without you ????? :D:D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Quote from a link above.
    But the only people free from accountability are those, mostly former migrants, who have left these shores and receive these benefits abroad.

Joseph 8)

Im coming with you Joseph.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • livinglegend
    I have just taken the government's online test for being British, and failed.

Some of the questions were about how long schools are open for, failed that.
    Some are about the minutiae of the EU, (so much for asking about Britain), failed that too.

If I can't pass the test for being British, then I must be able to claim for everything.
    Any problems, start screaming about the nasty gov being unkind to non-British people and they will give me every handout without question.

I think I may stay after all, (and put in a few dozen claims).

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Well, I'm glad you decided to stay after all :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif