I'm a mushroom

speedalong
speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
edited 1. Jul 2010, 03:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
ooh ... that was a productive visit!! :shock:

Speedy
I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    gosh del hope you dont pay....it would mean a second morgage
    Barbara .
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oooooh delboy, that sounds very uncomfortable. I hope the various pills and potions work. Ooooooooh! Ouch! DD (and has the jaw infection gone?)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Del

How did you manage to get a ringworm infection on your arm? You didn't actually stroke a cat, did you :?: :?: Shock, Horror :!: :shock: :shock:

Could it be the revenge of the cats :?: :?: a030.gif
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Your immunity is lower if on humira and I am certain you are Delboy. When i first got R.A and before diagnosed both my big toenails turned blue and fell off.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    OOh dear, Elizabeth, that sounds awful. I don't mean to make light of your condition, Del. You actually have my sympathy.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Del, i'm really sorry that you are going through the mill at the moment. You seem to be having a real bad time of it. :(

I have been noticing my nails seem a bit different, never thought it might be Ra related. So might be something there.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday and hope the new meds work for you.

Best wishes, Ix
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Delboy

As a fellow RA’er I have experienced fungal infections of the type you describe. I’m not aware that they are an RA symptom but my understanding is that fungal infections can be a side effect of immunosuppression brought about by the RA drugs – including Prednisolone and the anti-TNFs.

Hope that the “anti mushroom” potions and antibiotics help (although bear in mind that antibiotics can themselves lead to fungal infections so you might find it takes time for the anti-fungals to work) – and that your jaw infection has now cleared up.

Tillyx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    rehab44 wrote:
    I used to be a mushroom in the miltary, fed on **** and kept in the dark :shock:

The blokes in fire safety used to have a sign on their door that said "Les Champignons" for this very reason :)

Del

Keep us posted, I hope you feel better soon

Nx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    OH Del, you've got me worried now ....... got an odd thing going on with some of my toe nails (both big toe nails are brittle and yellow) but just assumed it was the RA and meds ...... could it be I have a fungal thing going on there too :? :shock: :? :shock:

better take them off to the GP I suppose .... but does the stuff mean I'd have to come off the MTX whilst they cleared? oh **** just when I thought I was having an infection-free spell

:roll: :roll:
  • tkachev
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    OH Del, you've got me worried now ....... got an odd thing going on with some of my toe nails (both big toe nails are brittle and yellow) but just assumed it was the RA and meds ...... could it be I have a fungal thing going on there too :? :shock: :? :shock:

better take them off to the GP I suppose .... but does the stuff mean I'd have to come off the MTX whilst they cleared? oh **** just when I thought I was having an infection-free spell

:roll: :roll:

Try not too worry Wonkylegs. Nails, hair, skin all suffer in some way.I have some more warts springing to life on my left hand! But i doubt youd need to stop any meds unless you really had to.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    I have been told that rubbing the inside of a banana skin over warts (more than once, not sure how often) does banish them. If they cause distress, it might be worth a go. DD
  • tkachev
    Hi DD,

We once had a thread on here and that was one of the many suggestions. I did have success with duct tape and they almost cleared (there is always one stubborn wart). Just need to add it to the list of requests for my OH. He seems to be a little deaf lately.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    delboy wrote:
    I doubt you'll need to come off your meds but the nails may take up to a year of treatment to clear the infection if that's what it is.

Check with GP and Rheumy.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: A YEAR! :shock: :shock: :shock:

blimey :roll: :roll: :roll: well that settles it .... if MTX is banned with treatment then wonky toes will be added to the list of things I'll live with :wink: I think possible TB treatment is enough to deal with :wink:

I will check when I see my GP - thanks & hope you soon feel better.
    hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    tkachev, did I read that right? Duct tape? Well, one lives and one learns. Morning delboy, I hope you are OK today, or as OK as you can be. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    A wise precaution. The world is still fallling out of you then? How about a jam sandwich, sprinkle cornflour on the jam. Bind us together, Lord . . . DD
  • dreamdaisy
    What a corker babycham! :lol: