HR phone call

snowball
snowball Member Posts: 3,465
HR have just rung me and she is too busy to see me about dissmissing me on health grounds :roll: so she is going to do it in a letter. Wonder if it will come on my Birthday :|

Julie
((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Julie
    I tend not to follow this forum because I am not working at the moment but just logged iin and saw your message. So just to say that I am so sorry - and to sympathise with you about the HR attitude. I think it's awful that they can't even make time to talk to you. Really hope letter doesn't come on your birthday - that would really add insult to injury. Tilly x
  • patriciamary
    patriciamary Member Posts: 117
    Hi Julie, thats awful, she is probably just too embarassed and scared to do it to your face. She probably knows how wrong it is but she will say "Im only doing my job". I hope you are getting all the right advice in relation to this, if not get to your nearest disability office or CAB. I hope life picks up for you soon.
    Regards
    Trisha
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Julie
    Poor you this is dreadful!
    I knew HR didnt have a heart but this does beat all!
    As said previously contact CAB, have you a union? Also think about the Disability Law Service not sure of correct name but im sure it can be found on here somewhere
    Ive got a written warning 11days off in one year!
    Luckily ive got Occ Health on my side & they say considering my conditon my sickness is minimal stick that in your pipe & smoke it HR!I think I know what you are going through because deep down I feel HR want rid of me through capability so feel a lot of pressure at work to say Im fine even if Im not!
    She is taking the cowards way out dont let her! Get everyone involved who you think can help
    Keep strong Keep positive & dont let the ******* get you down
    Best wishes Maria x
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Hi Julie,

I'm sorry but her attitude is unacceptable - I don't know if there is anyone higher than her to complain to but she sounds so insensitive which is not a good trait for someone in HR!

Sending big hugs (((())))

Lois x
  • snowball
    I'm going to wait for the letter then take it from there, might have to see cab or a solicitor. Thanks for the messages will let you know what happens.

Julie x
  • snowball
    I thought I would let you know I got a letter from HR today saying they are dismissing me on medical capability, they are sending my P45 through the post. I will be appealing against this and typing my letter today.

Julie
  • snowball
    delboy wrote:
    They have to put it in writing to make it official though.

Good luck with the appeal but do you really want to work for them?

You may be better off accepting a pay off.

Hi del, I am appealing against the pay off they are saying I am only entitled too, 20 hours holiday pay which is wrong and 5 weeks pay.

Julie
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    This is absolutely disgusting to be happening in this day and age.

Get all the help you can from cab, employment lawyers etc so that you can get the most you can out of them.

How cowardly to do this by letter.

I don't know how long you have been in this job re legalities so I wish you all the luck and keep yer' chin up - don't let the b * st* rds grind you down as I say on a daily basis.

Something wonderful will be around the corner for you, I know it!
    All the best, Carol
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi del, I am appealing against the pay off they are saying I am only entitled too, 20 hours holiday pay which is wrong and 5 weeks pay.

Julie - that is shocking. Good luck with your fight and get advice.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh I am so sorry. I don't look in here very often as I'm self-employed but really, to do that to you, it's so wrong. Carola was right: got to the CAB and see what advice they can give. I wish you well: don't let them get away with it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • snowball
    Well I have written my appeal letter and I will be sending it this morning, will let you know how I get on. Thankyou for your messages they do mean a lot.

Julie
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    God luck Julie, surely they can't get away with treating people like this?????? Love, Brenda xxx
  • snowball
    Just had a letter from head office saying they have got my appeal letter and they will get back to me with a date for a hearing. Oh and I also got my P45 :roll:

Julie
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Ah Julie thats rotten, can't believe employers can treat people like this. Hope you OK Julie, love and hugs ((((((()))))) Brenda xx
  • markc1
    markc1 Member Posts: 253
    mummyb wrote:
    God luck Julie, surely they can't get away with treating people like this?????? Love, Brenda xxx

They can....and they do!!!! :(
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh no. Snowball, I am so sorry. What a blow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    Hi Snowball, what a horrid people they sound, makes you regret all the hard work you did for them in the past.

Now is your time to seek advice and prepare for the appeal.

We are rooting for you,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • snowball
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Snowball, what a horrid people they sound, makes you regret all the hard work you did for them in the past.

Now is your time to seek advice and prepare for the appeal.

We are rooting for you,

Speedy

When other people have been off sick we have sent a card and flowers, me I got nothing. My brother has been a great support and has given me lots of advice. If it doesn't go well at the appeal I will be contacting a solicitor. Thankyou for your messages I will let you know how I get on.

Julie
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Julie
    Hope you are ok
    It seems to me if you have Arthur employers dont care! :x
    They dont understand what they cant see!
    Ive just got through my 6months written warning for sickness a struggle but I did it!If I hadnt I would be in your position now!
    Get anyone & everyone involved!
    There is also a disability law service who can help I found their web site on here somewhere!
    Keep fighting keep strong dont let them win
    Its bad enough having Arthur without the added stress they are putting on you its so unfair!
    Sending you a big hug (((((( HUG ))))))
    best wishes Maria x
  • snowball
    Just letting you know I have my appeal meeting on the 11th of Sep, will let you know how it goes. Thankyou for your support.

Julie x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Julie

Good luck for 11th Sept, I'll be there in your pocket with my pen & paper to take notes for you.
    :)

Janie x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    phone you insurance company for advice before you go or google acas they wll have lots of advice and can mediate if nessecery good luck val
    val
  • snowball
    Thankyou, my brother is going with me he knows a bit disability law and work matters.

Julie x
  • snowball
    :oops: My meeting is on the 14th not the 11th :oops: I blame my meds :roll:

Jules x
  • speedalong
    Hi Snowball, glad your brother is going with you. Do you belong to a union because they could support you too.

Good luck,

Speedy