arther

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 4. Jul 2010, 10:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
right night before last was feeling okish before getting in bed as soon as layed down neck became so painfull felt sick . last night neck ok but right hip started burning and leg kept twitching . wonder what it will be tonight lol val
val

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Knees and toes I reckon, Val and then hopefully night after ... bliss!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, If it doesn't go quickly, make an appointment with your GP. In could be that you've pulled something which has set a nerve going.

I hope that it has settled down on its own. Its such a pain isn't it, to keep having to go to the docs? I feel embarressed when I make the appointment, which is very silly, but I just can't help it! My nice GP is away having surgery, and she said she thought it would be for about 2 months. Shes just waiting to hear when she goes in. I hope she does well and soon comes back, we NEED her. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh valval, that's tough. Perhaps you need a little more rest during the day to ease matters before bed. I dunno - it's a total mystery sometimes, isn't it? I hope things improve for tonight. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Val,

I used to have times when arthur would roam about my joints, settle for a day then move off and get comfy elsewhere :roll: ...his' favourite joints of mine are ankles and left elbow, so it is the nature of living with him.

If it does persist have a word with your GP, as others have suggested.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    feet and hips this morning walking like 80 year old not great wonder if it because due on soon will have to wait and see what set it off this time . sat with feet in cold water as got work soon might find loads of jobs sat down
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    valval wrote:
    feet and hips this morning walking like 80 year old not great wonder if it because due on soon will have to wait and see what set it off this time . sat with feet in cold water as got work soon might find loads of jobs sat down

Val that happens to me before I'm due, its a **** really. If it keeps up I would go and see your docter. ((((hugs))))

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

Hopefully it will back off for a while now and you will be more comfortable. leaving a ((( ))) and a hope. Cris xx
  • valval
    have been wondering if due on can not remember lol had three lots of pain meds so far. so nicely numb well sort of still stiff as anything . but fingers are crossed it passes as quick as it came val
    val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hiya Val,

so sorry your having more than your share of pain just now...arther is relentless :x

hope you have a better night's sleep....even if it's cause of heavy duty meds!

take care tomorrow not to overdo things if you can.....

Iris x
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello valval, I hope you had a better night. DD
  • valval
    thanks slept better but still not a happy bunny having a quiet morning with feet up still like walking on pebbles hips bit better this morning at least can sit for a while. might have been over doing things as been feeling so much better been out and about more than normal so being good for few days see if that helps it sometimes hard to remember not to do to much val
    val
  • speedalong
    Hi Val it is a trap we all fall into time and time again ... rest up and you will soon start to feel better.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Agreed speedy, arthritis is a devious ****. He lures one into feeling better then gets his revenge. Git. Rest as much as you can valval - I'm glad you had a better night. DD
  • valval
    rested all morning and do feel bit better lol i must remember not to over do things val
    val
  • valval
    yesterday was so bad feet not been that bad for ages glad they not so bad today .
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Val,
    Does the hot weather effect you. I ask this as I had a swollen hands and feet this week. Might be best if you got your feet examined if you can as feet could be causing the hip ache too.

Hope you have an easier day tomorrow.

Lv, Ix
  • valval
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Val,
    Does the hot weather effect you. I ask this as I had a swollen hands and feet this week. Might be best if you got your feet examined if you can as feet could be causing the hip ache too.

Hope you have an easier day tomorrow.

Lv, Ix

might be the heat but not sure been bit stressed and do not think that has helped will ask doc to check out feet there on tuesday
    val
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Val

How are you feeling now? It tough when your joints protest at once.

Take care.

Sharmaine
  • valval
    getting there thanks do get exhausted from time to time lol think it builds up even though only work 20 hours a week on my feet 4 hours at a time and does not help when so hot. how are you doing hope you having better week than me val
    val
  • valval
    well came on this morning so could have been due to time of the month will note on calender and will check again next month see if it the same val
    val
  • speedalong
    Hi Val,

Hope you feel a bit better today.

My pain is worse according to my cycle.

Speedy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    My Orthopedic surgeon told me that most of his patients who have periods repoirt more pani at that time....

think could be ready for it next time and take meds ahead of it? Also try to plan work so you can rest as much as poss.

Val!!

Forgot to ask - how did your hubby get on? Did i miss this?

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    frogmorton wrote:
    My Orthopedic surgeon told me that most of his patients who have periods repoirt more pani at that time....

think could be ready for it next time and take meds ahead of it? Also try to plan work so you can rest as much as poss.

Val!!

Forgot to ask - how did your hubby get on? Did i miss this?

Love

Toni xx

hi will not know till monday as have heard nothing so far just waiting and have fingers crossed but what ever will be will be worrying just making arther bite so trying to chill about it
    val