Nina's

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 10. Jul 2010, 21:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ladies and Gents

You are cordially invited to the opening of Nina's - the coolest clothes, shoes and accessories shop in the entire world (and I have that on good authority, I'm not just saying it.

Notice the olde shoppe front look with wooden criss cross beams and a bell that goes RING RING whenever someone opens the door. The shop is HUGE, on one floor, with plenty of room between the clothes racks and shelves for scooters, wheelchairs, husbands, kids etc.

Towards the back of the shop you'll find a creche for your kids and for the other halves where they can play on the Wi-Fit, watch MTV on the huge plasma screen and DVDs if they want to. There are also a selection of toys, games etc.

In the middle of the shop are 4 dressing rooms, lovely big rooms with those wooden swing doors and plenty of room in side and lots of hooks to hang up clothes in.

We accept cash, credit/ debit cards/ cheques/ money in kind :shock:

And as for the contents? It's up to you :)

Nx

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh, Nina please could we have some of those lovely floaty dresses which hang so beautifully. Also some Empire line dresses for those of us who have a flippin' Empire stuck round our middles. I see these on other people, but can I find them to buy? Not on your nellie! Where do they come from?

A mixture of plain colours and flowery ones should please all, and of course the handbags and shoes/sandals to match........would be wonderful.

Annie
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Nina can we have some Radley bags and Kipling, would love some floaty tops and some jeans size 6 long leg :wink: well a girl can dream :roll:

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ninakang
    Annie, Snowball

I thought you were going to be challenging customers! Help yourselves. Don't forget the longline necklaces to match the dresses, Annie and Snowball, you're the same size as my daughter!

And I forgot to mention the Franchise Val's Cafe in here for calorie free cakes :)

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    right so glad you are open all hours i need some comphy shoes with 4inch heels and some coulottes in linnen a nice cotton top with fairly low top and some flip flopps shorts and sun tops have u shop on boat as well ?????
    val
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Great, in the real world I have been having trouble getting suits & trousers to fit, quote M&S I am an extreme size.

So plenty of trousers, size 6/8, inside leg 36'', please.

Anne x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hope there is some holister, will have a think Nina and get back to you. A challange mmmm :lol:

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    right i will have that one in yellow blue and pink and that one in brown black and tan please have delivered to my cabin no 148 thanks val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Do have coats and jackets? I would love just once in my life to have a jacket that I do'nt have to turn the sleeves under :( Even the so call petite ones are to long. :lol:

Oh to be a couple of inches taller, then the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard would no longer be a mystery to me. :roll:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Nina, what a great idea for a thread :!: I hope there will be a branch of Nina's opening in Derby :!: :D

I would like a machine which scans your body and takes exact measurements, and then like magic the clothes appear which fit perfectly. This would save so much time and effort. Usually, I have to take two sizes of everything into the fitting rooms, and I find clothes vary a lot.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    rehab44 wrote:
    ninakang wrote:
    Annie, Snowball

I thought you were going to be challenging customers! Help yourselves. Don't forget the longline necklaces to match the dresses, Annie and Snowball, you're the same size as my daughter!

And I forgot to mention the Franchise Val's Cafe in here for calorie free cakes :)

Nx
    Do you do knickers?

listen - youre sticking to your cloth, sac cloth outfit - read that somewhere i believe, no knickers!
  • oneday
    bags off course....but could we have a small cafe area....comfy chairs,coffee and a cake after shoping?
  • ninakang
    Morning! Lots of lovely customers already!

Rehab,

Of COURSE we do lingerie and men's clothes too because the majority of wimmin in here will be buying clothes for their OHs (I have to buy all my hubby's clothes). Try to leave the ladies' stuff tidy :shock:

Val, Pixy

You'll find the summer clothes by the door and shoes in the middle of the shop - all sizes and whatever you like :) Not opened a Nina's on the ship yet, but that's a definite possibility. Might have to get someone else to run it though! Val, your order is on its way :)

Anne

Are you a supermodel?! size 6/8 and very very tall? No matter, we have clothes to fit you and you can try them on while we look on, enviously!

Snowball

What's a holister??? Might have to order you some in but that's no trouble!

Ironic

We have summer jackets in, and we have some very petite sizes. If you can't find any to fit, will get my mum to alter them for you, she's very talented.

Joan

What a cool idea - a machine to take exact measurements! Will look into it. But don't let Joan fool you everyone, she has a lovely figure :wink: I have it on authority.

Oneday

There is a franchise Val's at the back, right next to the play area for children and partners.

PHEW it's hard work all this shop malarky. Think I might have to take in more staff so I can just sit and count the money!

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Bras. Proper ones, that support my airships without digging grooves into my shoulders, yet are as wispy as those advertised on the telly by skinny minnies with fried eggs for a chest. I dream of a Rigby and Peller but I refuse to spend £85 on one.

Jewellry: lots of Georg Jensen, please.

Silk-covered, highly-embellished crocs would be good. I can only wear crocs now, nothing else is as good, apart from my walking boots. They look silly in the summer with linen.

Kipling, Radley and Mulberry bags. All sizes and colours. One of ech should be enough.

I like your shop, ninakang! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Love the sound of your shop Nina

Love the idea of Radley bags but could you
    mark them up around a tenner as the
    extortionate prices they are in other stores
    are out of the question. Just cos they have
    a doggy tag on :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    What's that about. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I would like some trousers that fit too and some
    tops as well.
    M & S have started adding inches to their clothes -
    longer tee shirts and longer trousers, even the ones
    labelled 'short' I have to shorten.
    Not good - mind you maybe
    its my fault for being 4ft 11ins. :!:

Kath
  • ninakang
    Ooooh, a personal shopping service! Who's up for the task?!

Nice to see so many lovely ladies, although it looks like Rehab beat a hasty retreat!

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Nice to see so many lovely ladies, although it looks like Rehab beat a hasty retreat!

Don't you believe it :!: :!: I can feel him hovering :!: :roll: :lol:
  • joanlawson
    See, I knew I was right :!: :!: How much research does a man need :?: You've been in the same department since the shop opened :!: :!:
  • dreamdaisy
    I wouldn't expect you to be anywhere else, rehab! DD
  • dreamdaisy
    :lol: DD
  • oneday
    rehab44 wrote:
    I am carrying out an intensive personal research so far I have found out that the tinyer the knicker the more it costs :shock:

exactly...as you can get a packet of very large comfy knickers e.g 5 in a pack for £3!
  • oneday
    glad you told me where the cafe was...hadnt noticed it....and the coffee is lovely......
  • ninakang
    rehab44 wrote:
    I am carrying out an intensive personal research so far I have found out that the tinyer the knicker the more it costs :shock:

If you're going to spend that much time in our knickers :shock: then you're going to have to join the staff, Rehab. I appoint you Resident Telling You That You Look Fabulous Man. Every store should have one.

Nx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 1. Jul 2010, 10:59
    I love this shop! Which is saying something because I hate clothes shopping! Right, where are the long length trousers please and the glamorous but very comfortable shoes.
    Might just stop for a cuppa first though - hope the toast and marmite in this Val's franchise is as good as in the original!
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Good Afternoon

Well, I must say to the management how easy I can get around in your store, in my wheelchair.

I need some skirts that will not go on the wheels of my chair have you got any please. I do not like them too small lengh wise.

Have you got any sparkly tops, or tee shirts that are sparkly please?
  • ninakang
    Tillytop and Trisher

Lovely to see you ladies in my new store. Glad you like it :) We have a personal shopper on hand, my daughter Ellen, who will guide you in choosing long length trousers and comfy shoes. Don't worry Trisher, her auntie is a wheelchair user and she knows exactly what you need and will find some blingy tops for you. I'm warning you now though, she is VERY bossy! And a bit too scary for an 11 year old.

My 6 year old is currently running the cafe. She can't make the drinks with boiling water because she might burn herself and her marmite on toast is a bit lacking in marmite (and toasted bread) but she looks very cute standing on the stool behind the counter in a chef's hat :)

I don't know where my 8 year old is... probably trying on shoes!

If you need an opinion on what the clothes look like, then we have our Resident Telling You That You Look Fabulous Man. He's the one with his own chair in the corner of the dressing room.

Nx