confused.com ,lol ,Arthur is painful

Options
anglerman
anglerman Member Posts: 42
Sorry if it seems I am going on a bit but I am new to this OA thing
I have it in both hips and I think now its affecting my knees as well.
I also have spondylosis in the kneck(c7).
Just recently I have been getting tingling sensations in my legs down to my knees,pain in calf muscles a numb butt and also on the out pelvic/hip area it is sore/painfull to the touch and my spine at times feels sore to the touch.
please help me with some answers to the above

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anglerman

Sorry to hear about the affect that the OA is having on you.

From what you have described, it seems you are getting different symptoms which are all linked to your OA. Though as per a reply from dreamdaisy on the forum, the tingling may have something to do with the sciatic nerve. It may be worth going to your doctor to check this out.

For more info on this you can go to our booklet on 'Living with Osteoarthritis' at http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets.

You are welcome to ring us on 0808 8004050 if you would like to have a chat about this.

All the best

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member Posts: 140
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anglerman,

Just wanted to say that I have had the symptoms that you describe, and my GP says that they're down to OA in my lower spine. He refered me to a physio who worked on the lower spine to loosen the muscles and joints. This was ... how can I put this... not terribly comfortable while she was working, but has definitely helped. Much of the tinling and pain in my legs has ben drastically reduced, and my spine/pelvis isn't so sore to the touch.

Maybe you should ask your GP about physio - I'd say it's worth a try - it's not a cure, of course, but helps a lot. (The GP migght also be ableto check if anything else is causing the problem while you're there)

Naomi