Hello i'm new & worried!

louise7111
louise7111 Member Posts: 31
edited 9. Jul 2010, 11:54 in Say Hello Archive
Hi guys

I just found out today that I have inflammatory arthritis. Having blood tests next week to see if it's a certain type. I'm 38 and i've been suffering for years and had an x-ray on a swollen, red finger 6 years ago and of course nothing showed up. All went quiet until 2 or so years ago. It's taken me this long to pluck up the courage to go back to my GP. Today was the worst flare up i've had. Swelling & pain in both hands and hardly able to walk due to pain in the groin area.

I'm not able to work tomorrow & have to put up with a very unsympathetic boss.

Thank you for listening to me.

Regards

Louise

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi i also have inflamitory arthritis it not the end of the world this time last year was thinking would have to give up work would not go out socialy as to painfull but with right meds feel so much better will never cure it but so much better now gets worse before period lol hormones can affect arthritus and stress does not help but it a matter of trial and error with meds but they will find some that help val
    val
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Hello Louise (from a fellow Louise :D )

So sorry to hear of your troubles, you've come to the right place though for advice we all understand. I have PA and I too suffered for many years before I was diagnosed. Feeling a lot better now I currently take 6 sulphasalazine a day. still have some problems with joints hurting but not as much as i did. not long been on 6 a day so rheummy is going to see if I improve anymore before we see if i need MTX too.
    hope you get some results soon.
    lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,397
    Hi Louies

Welcome to the forums from me.

I do hope you find out what is wrong soon so that you can get the right treatment. Things will then start to get back under control.

Miserable boss?? Grrrr!!!

Work issues are discussed on the 'work' forum a good place if you need advice about that issue.

Hope you find these forums as helpful as I do.

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Louise and welcome from me too!

Sorry about your diagnosis and the pain you are in but I hope that the tests give you some more information so that you can get started on some treatment sooner rather than later.

On a practical note, the more physical rest you can have whilst you are having a flare, the better. Even if you are not able to sleep, trying to rest as much as possible can only be a good thing.

Everyone on the forum is so friendly and I have "met" lovely people since I joined a few months ago, so you will get lots of support from
    people who understand what you are going through.

The Living with Arthritis forum is the place for general "arther" related questions and, as Toni says there is the Working Matters forum which might be helpful for you. And, if you need a bit of cheering up, pop into the chit-chat forum - the cafe is always a good place to start!

Love Tilly x

Regards

Louise[/quote]
  • louise7111
    louise7111 Member Posts: 31
    Thank you all so much for the lovely welcome. I don't feel alone anymore.

Looking forward to navigating my way around the forum xx :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,397
    Louise

you are definetely nOT alone and no need to feel like taht with us lot here :)

Love

Toni xx