Hi - looking for some help

tarasmygirl
tarasmygirl Member Posts: 70
edited 11. Jul 2010, 15:53 in Say Hello Archive
My name's Cath and I was diagnosed with RA a couple of weeks ago. Been to the clinic and have to start MXT on Sunday. Pain comes and goes, but so far been able to cope ( just ) with Diclofenic & Co-codamol. Does anyone know if a tens machine can be used with RA ?

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cath and welcome to the forum!

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I too have RA and tried a tens machine early on. It didn't work for me - partly I think because, with so many sore joints I didn't know where best to use it! But the company I bought it from sold it on a trial basis so I was able to try it out and return it for a refund. It was a long time ago now so I can't tell you where I bought it from but you may be able to find a company that will sell you one on the same basis so you can try it for yourself.

The living with arthritis (lwa) forum is the best place to post arthritis related questions because we all look there - and you will get lots of good support and advice. I know there have been recent posts from people who, like you, are newly diagnosed and just starting to take metho. For light relief and a bit of cheering up, have a look at the "chit-chat forum". You will be made very welcome.

Good luck with the metho on Sunday!

Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Cath and welcome to the forum from me too :D

I have a yens machine and so far haven't dared use it on inflamed joints :shock: Twit eh? I prefer ice packs on them.... :(

But I do use it on my hip bursitis and it helps quite a bit but not for long....

Could be worth seeing if you can loan one? Just to try it?

Good to meet you anyrate and look forward to seeing you around

Love

Toni xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Cath

A warm welcome from me.

This is the best place to be for answers to questions. The people on here are very nice and friendly.

A lot of us on here suffer from RA so you are in good company.

Hope to you around the Forums
    Trish xx
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Hello Cath.....................A while ago I got a TENS, and found it brilliant.........really made a difference......

I used to move it from Joint to Joint as required........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • tarasmygirl
    tarasmygirl Member Posts: 70
    robertls wrote:
    Hello Cath.....................A while ago I got a TENS, and found it brilliant.........really made a difference......

I used to move it from Joint to Joint as required........

Rob x

Thanks to everyone for the support & the welcome.
    Cath