A new forum club

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 9. Sep 2010, 20:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I'm forming a new club. It's called THE I HATE IRONING CLUB.

I am the President, and I'm inviting new members to join. Let me know if you would like to be on the committee.

The main aim of the club is to rid the world of the tyranny of ironing boards, irons, and all the associated waste of our lives spent in doing the ironing.

Men are free to join, but as most of them rarely pick up an iron, I doubt that we will get many male recruits.

Joan, President of TIHIC c0705.gif t6003.gif
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Joan, please can I join too, I ABSOBLOOMINLUTELY DETEST, LOATHE AND ABHORR ironing and only do it when absolutely necessary, in fact, I send some away each fortnight to be done for me and one of my happiest days was when hubby taught himself to iron. I firmly believe that life is too short for ironing and that we should be freed from this punishment immediately!!! (blimey where did that come from!!) Brenda :wink::wink::wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Can I join to? I don't mind what I do....erm except ironing

Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    i only iron what i have to got to do a shirt and press a suit ,oldest going to wedding and it needs doing lol work clothes for me that it every, one on there own all adults all can manage to sort them selves val
    val
  • tarasmygirl
    tarasmygirl Member Posts: 70
    Can I join too? I didn't mind ironing - it was then having to put everything away - but now it is a real chore when hands are sore.

Got as much iron free stuff as possible and only do it when I have too

Cath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Joan

Ron Irons you know.....

quite a lot....

I have to do some this morning :shock:

If I join NOW will I get out of it :wink:

Love

Toni xx a030.gif
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    why oh why do you iron?
    there is no need ladies or gents.
    i give up 5 years ago after my son was born and never looked back.
    i dare you to just give up, go creased and be liberated :lol:
    suzie x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    :D:D I like ironing. :D:D I find it therapeutic. Mad or what? No need to answer. :wink: It is even better if you get paid for it, which I no longer do, but I still do not mind ironing.

I could not send my hubby out to work with a crumpled shirt. I have ironed his shirts for 34 years. Every single one of them. I like to put on clothes that have been ironed they feel and look so much better and nicer.

I iron my son's shirts each week now and have done since my grand daughter was born nearly two years ago. He is such a hands on dad along with a full time job and often lots of extra hours too, that is the least I can do for him, otherwise he would have to iron them himself. :lol::lol: I also bake GF food for him each week ....... I like to feel useful :D:D His partner does not mind at all, it helps her! :D

So I shall watch this "I hate to iron club" with interest to see if I am the only person on the forum that likes to iron. :D

I iron nearly every day or I get withdrawal symptoms. :lol::lol: I have bad OA in my thumbs, but I will not let that stop me ironing. :lol:

Elna x
    :D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    wooo suzie i thought i was the only one that never ironed!

i haven't picked an iron up for the past 7 years (i think) i see no point in wasting my time ironing things only for them to get creased again when i put them away. my not ironing coincided with me leaving ome for uni. one of my friends bought me a cup one xmas saying lifes to short to iron pants. i live by that!

i am definately a member of this club! :D

lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Can i be the equivalent to a royal patron?
    I do not iron at all!!
    I read labels of clothes to check ironing situation. In the shop i scrunch up the clothes to see evidence of creases and i either put all in tumble dryer or over maiden, no ironing.
    Yes, i admit an ironed t shirt looks better than tumbled but tumbled is good enough for me and i am too busy doing rest of housework!

on extremely rare occassion if i go out to place where blouse is required and NEEDS ironing i ask my dad whose a pensioner to do it with his shirts! He looks gob smacked, says nothing but does it!
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    I have been in the club for ages, well
    the I hate ironing club.

Its not that I actually hate it, I just find
    that the less non-necessary jobs I can
    get rid of, the better, as having to sit down
    to iron is just not the same. Have trouble
    standing you see.

Luckily my hubby never wears dress shirts
    except for weddings and funerals, he wears
    polo shirts which look ok when they are
    smoothed out by hand and folded.

No guilt for me girls ( and guys)
    Kath
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    I'll jion too but i dont actually hate ironing.
    M-in-Law has just brought a new washer so she's told me not to do stepsons washing & ironing she's doing it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I normally iron about once a month but last time i had a great big pile OH called me down stairs for some reason & then he went up leaving me to do what ever it was. I went back up & he had finished ironing for me :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Then says ''Leave the ironing to me i'll do it for you'' :D:D:D GREAT
    So no more ironing for me to do :D:D:D

I wish someone would offer to come do the housework for me, especially the bathroom as its floor to ceiling tiles & i cant reach the bath taps to clean the bath either :( :roll: If i get in the bath to clean it i cant get out. Might use the bath lift now theres a thought :D :?:
    So im i allowed to join?
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Hi Everyone, and

g20020.gif

to the IHTIC.

Iam appointing Brenda as our Vice President, as she was the first to join, and she obviously hates ironing with a vengeance.

We are honoured to have a ROYAL PATRON in Oneday.

Committee members so far are Trisher, Val, Cath, Toni, and Suzie, Lou, Jan, Kath and Debs.

Debs, your husband is our first male member of the club, so please congratulate him on my behalf.

Suzie has come up with a wonderful slogan for our club

GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED

Another slogan contributed by Kath is NO GUILT FOR ME GIRLS

Both slogans have been approved by the committee.

The club has provided a fleet of vans, which will tour round the country picking up all the items which you feel you can't avoid ironing, and they will all be delivered to Elna. This will prevent her from developing any withdrawal symptoms, and is the answer to our prayers. Thank you, Elna.

You have saved my life. As you can see, it has been driving me to drink :!: :shock: t6025.gif
  • elnafinn
    joanlawson wrote:
    The club has provided a fleet of vans, which will tour round the country picking up all the items which you feel you can't avoid ironing, and they will all be delivered to Elna. This will prevent her from developing any withdrawal symptoms, and is the answer to our prayers. Thank you, Elna.quote]

Elna likes this, Bring them on! :lol: I've only got one shirt, two pillowcases, 1 sheet and a duvet to iron today :(
    :lol: I had a mammoth ironing session yesterday :D I iron on sundays too. :lol:
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    [.
    Suzie has come up with a wonderful slogan for our club

GO CREASED AND BE LIBERATED

Another slogan contributed by Kath is NO GUILT FOR ME GIRLS

I love them!!

well done you clever girls :D
  • joanlawson
    Elna, the club would like to award you the official Medal for Outstanding Duty to Ironing. As you even iron on Sundays, you have more than earned it.
    k015.gif

It is obvious to me that you are an Ironer Exrtaordinaire

I iron my son's shirts each week now and have done since my grand daughter was born nearly two years ago. He is such a hands on dad along with a full time job and often lots of extra hours too, that is the least I can do for him, otherwise he would have to iron them himself.

Now that would never do, would it :?: Mothers and their sons :!: :!: :roll: :roll:

How did I ever manage to bring up twins, run a full-time job, do all the housework, and still do the ironing :?: I think my name was Superwoman in those days :!: :D
  • frogmorton
    Wow Elna!!

I totally admire you

You are my hero (then again you always were :wink: )

a075.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Wow, thank you very much. 8) :lol: I am extremely proud of my medal and new role in society. :lol:

Mothers and their sons! :wink::lol::lol::lol:

We can all look back and think how the heck did we do all we did! It is not until you no longer do something that you begin to realise, how did you fit it in, but at the time we never gave it a second thought, never had time. :lol:

Luv
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    frogmorton wrote:
    Wow Elna!!

I totally admire you

You are my hero (then again you always were :wink: )

a075.gif

Love

Toni xx

Aw thank you Toni! :wink::D

Luv
    Elna x

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Since my wife broke her arm and shoulder last year, I've been the cook, washer man, ironer etc etc .

In fact I don't mind ironing, I'm a sort of perfectionist, I like to see everything neat and tidy.
    I change the bed every week, even iron the duvet cover, I've had one telling off.....that was for ironing my wife's panties. She said she didn't want them ironed, but I still iron my undies.

Ron
    xxx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    I am honoured to have the role of Royal Patron.
    Imagine as I am doing Princess Anne in a suit...I will try to look similiar but suit will be buttoned up so no one can see the creased blouse underneath - unless it should be visible as a sort of scruffy logo perhaps?
    Elna, take breaks dont want rsi!
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    I iron on sundays too. :lol:[/quote]

I sincerely hope you are listening to the Archers while you Sunday iron :D

Lv Ix

founder member of the Archer club :wink:
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Dum de dum... I iron faster when the music comes on. :D
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 16. Jul 2010, 12:22
    Joan, please may I join too?

My own personal slogan will be "no ironing, more gardening"!

Elna, I think you might regret this!!!

Love TIlly xx
  • frogmorton
    No Ron

- Shakes head from side to side -

we don't iron our bloomers :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • rondetto