hi, new mum with son newly diagnosed with JA

lare73
lare73 Member Posts: 154
edited 27. Jul 2010, 05:19 in Say Hello Archive
hi there,

what a rollercoaster ride we have had. my 12 year old son as been diagnosed with juvenile arthritis after going to a&e as he was unable to walk and weightbare, and in lots of pain.
we had blood tests, scans and xrays, tom then had fluid drained from knee and ankle and given steroid injections into the joints, put on PIROXICAM (feldene) anti inflammatory's, dihydracodeine and paracetomol, he is to be reviewed at clinic on tuesday to get more blood results. most joints are painful.
:(

thanks for reading
clare x

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Clare, Well you must still be in shock with your lovely sons diagnosis. Truly awful when a child is poorly.
    Sorry not much help with his problem but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Pleased that you have posted on the young peoples forum and I hope you get some answers soon. The Help line team might be another place for you to try.

Lv, Ix
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi clare welcome from me as well feel free to pop on chit chat if you just want to natter and let your hair down does help val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Clare, this must be such a difficult time for you and your family - I am so sorry.

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Love Tilly x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Clare

met you already on chit chat :)

Sorry yor lad had JLA, but I hope you find us all supportive and helpful till things get under control.

Love and hugs

Toni xx