i wonder why

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 27. Jul 2010, 12:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello

i wonder why it is people who phone dont like answer machines, where i live they dont seem to like them, just had a with held number and i thought not going to answer it if its important they can leave a message, and they didnt it cant be that important,

How do you feel about them ? i like to know who it is dont you ?
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• only49
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    babycham wrote:
    Hello Sylvia because there are rude mean people about and you should be packing for your holiday for you guys those silly computor generated phone calls mean nothing dont get up set think about your friends here and your break from everything L/Baybychamxxx
    i made a pledge babycham from now on anyone who witholds there phone number and dont leave a message i am going to ignore them and as my mum used to say " take a walk of a shor pier till there hat floats " bet you not heard that one before lol
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I tend to the 'thrown' by them and ring back later once I have composed what I want to say :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Cham!!!!!!

Mine dont do that yet!!

when will that happen?

What about you saying "Who pays the bill then?"

LOve

Toni xx
  • only49
    anyone phoning from the local council always withold there numbers because in the past they had people phoning them to say " did you ring me " and it wasnt them, i think all with held numbers should be stopped or at least leave a message.

D socail worker is one of them and i dont want to speak to him dont like the man, i dont like answer machines but i will leave a message i think it polite as the other person i am ringing may feel the same as me.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My number is with-held as I am ex-directory. I happily leave messages for people. If I encounter a with-held number and no message it isn't a problem. If they want to talk to me they'll ring back. It's more likely, however, that it's one of those silent-call dialling machines that has rung me - a right pain they are and I don't want to talk to them! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    My number is with-held as I am ex-directory. I happily leave messages for people. If I encounter a with-held number and no message it isn't a problem. If they want to talk to me they'll ring back. It's more likely, however, that it's one of those silent-call dialling machines that has rung me - a right pain they are and I don't want to talk to them! DD
    hi D D mine not with-held but i can withold it by prefixing a number with 141 and that with holds in for that call.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sylvia,

Can't say I like answering machines.... I tend to freeze and if its a friend I ringing I just try again later. if however its something important I will leave a message but it tends to be hurried and panicked cus I hate talking to them.......

the withheld number thing..... I know a few people ex directory so do answer them but..... its sometimes those machines and I hang up no matter what they are selling..... they are a bit annoying....

Hope you have a good holiday. Cris