Pedal Power

pheebs
pheebs Member Posts: 202
edited 30. Jul 2010, 05:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted anything for a few months, but have been logging on now and then to see what everyone is up to, and I see there are lots of new names as well as the regulars.

One of the things that I have been up to is getting on a bike. I never had a bike as a child and it's not the easiest thing to learn when you are older - for a start, it's further to fall!! But I'm hoping to be able to get the hang of it very soon - without my son running alongside giving me encouragement.

I know this may sound mad to anyone who can already ride a bike, but if I remember correctly, I think Nina had a similar problem?? Apologies if I'm wrong!! And I like the article in the current Arthritis News magazine.

Must stick at it because my son gave me a helmet for my birthday.

Best wishes to everyone and any advice welcome.

Pheebs x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Pheebs!!

You are brave!

I sort of gave up over the years, but used to be able to do it :wink:

Practise i reckon. Kne and elbow pads will help yor confidence then just GO for it :wink:

Good luck

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    My advice is get some gloves and wear Jeans in case you fall off, the first thing you will do is put your hands out so it will save you a lot of pain from gravel rash if you do.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    I got a bicycle a few years back having not ridden one for years. It took a while to find a comfy bike that didnt require me to stretch and damage my back. Got one from H@lfords and the make R@leigh, the week before got a bike that i liked the look of and felt okay in shop but once out it was awful and uncomfortable plus it made me feel like i was going to fall off.
    My bike is lovely. I take it on hols and when walking is painful i am still free on my bike.
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Hi everyone and thanks for your comments.

I'll let you know how I get on, and no Lynne, I don't have stabilisers - my son wouldn't go out with me otherwise!!

Thanks again,

Pheebs x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    [, and no Lynne, I don't have stabilisers - my son wouldn't go out with me otherwise!!

Thanks again,

Pheebs x[/quote]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one Lynn!

Love

Toni xx