welsh prescriptions

oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 30. Jul 2010, 10:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I got a prescription today (i live in England btw) but am thinking as i am visiting wales this weekend if i handed it into welsh chemist am i entitled to free prescription or do i have to live in Wales?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Either way, you've paid for it. Would the Scots and the Welsh give us grants? I think mell has posted on a similar theme! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    DD, what? do i pay or not? i am prepared for good old slanging match in local chemist, only if i am right though!!
    p.s. new bag arrived, lovely....
    pps, i mean welsh chemist.
  • oneday
    you have to live in wales hun :wink: or we would all be nippin over the border every 6 weeks :lol:

just knew it!
    dread when son has to pay for his own too as just ordered 5 items for him tonight...off course things to help you breath arent essential are they?!! hes got asthma etc(you can tell i am v annoyed tonight...its the tax credits thats annoying me..this 2012 family income limit of 23,000 for 2 and you get nothing...then all these peeps on here with problems...feel v angry...was just hoping that i might save £7 or whatever it is now on a measly prescription for my poor back...oh well, at least i can have chance of working until i am 95 years old now,so no worries work till i kick the bucket..arrh...)
  • dreamdaisy
    Get a pre-payment certificate, it saves mega-bucks. I collected a prescription today which would have cost 8 x 7.20 - bit I have a pre-payment cert that costs circa £120 per annum, paid at £10.50 per month. They are a good thing. DD
  • oneday
    cheers. remember when prescriptions were about 70p or 5op for that matter. people cant help being ill, i think england shoud be free like wales, how could that ever be allowed to happen?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Get a pre-payment certificate, it saves mega-bucks. I collected a prescription today which would have cost 8 x 7.20 - bit I have a pre-payment cert that costs circa £120 per annum, paid at £10.50 per month. They are a good thing. DD

I do it in one go (save up ready) and costs me £104 sooooo worth it :wink:

What would happen if you took it there though - to wales would they make you pay?? Or would they refuse to dispense it??

Just wondering...

Love

Toni xx

Oneday I am so sorry about your poor old back :(
  • oneday
    touch wood back is okay. i got prescription because i am sure my tablets are running low so dont want to run out if needed.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    oneday wrote:
    touch wood back is okay. i got prescription because i am sure my tablets are running low so dont want to run out if needed.

Wise move though eh?

Hope it stays well for you

Love

Toni xx :D
  • dreamdaisy
    I think one would have to live in Wales to qualify. Far worse than prescription fees is the prospect of paying the real cost of our drugs: that's terrifying! DD
  • oneday
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I think one would have to live in Wales to qualify. Far worse than prescription fees is the prospect of paying the real cost of our drugs: that's terrifying! DD

ssh...."they" havent thought of that stinger-yet! be quiet, ssh, v quiet....