talonavicular fusion

lavender58
lavender58 Member Posts: 7
edited 5. Aug 2010, 06:17 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all

after some years of pain ! have been recently diagnosed with OA in both feet - in one foot so far advanced that the only suitable treatment is to have the talonavicular joint fused.

Am a youngish 50 year old who teaches full time and if I do not find a solution will have to give up job that, although drives me mad, I love!
I am worried about the procedure in general - slightly more so as I am diabetic which means my feet heal more slowly from any type of injury.
Have had plenty of medical advice but would really like to talk to anyone else who has had this particular procedure so know what to expect in the way of outcomes.

thanks

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to the forum, Lavender. You are best to copy and paste this posting on the Living with Arthritis zone as more peeps look in on there and hopefully someone will be able to help you with this. :)

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I concur with elna - that's where people tend to be and I am sure someone can help. I'm afraid I can't as I don't have the same condition. Post about other things too tho - we like new voices! I wish you well. Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I forgot - ring the helpline team during office hours - they may have information that we don't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello and a belated "welcome" from me too. I don't have any knowledge of this procedure but hopefully by now you will have had a response on LWA from someone else who has.
    Love Tilly x