hello I'm new on here but had OA for years

lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 31. Jul 2010, 07:24 in Say Hello Archive
I'm excited to be reading all the postings about OA I was diagnoised with it originally about 10 years ago but the past few years its got so much worse, they think I inherited it from my nan and mum who does have it but not as bad as I have shes had her knee replaced and seems fine with a bit of pain relief. my joints according to my rhumatologist has so many boney over growths and damage hes very surprised I manage, but I'm a determined lady who also suffers with other problems type 2 diabetes thyroid problems bp problems and stomach ulcers along with SMA spinal muscular atrophy my muscles in my arms and right leg are very weak and going hard, etc I take over 26 tablets a day, and am starting to inject another diabetic medication on monday ( not looking forward to that) along with having a hysterectomy last october which resulted in a fibroid weighing 10lb 2oz so am going through menopause now not fun :shock: so as you can see my health has been going downhill and am hoping to make some friends on here who can help me cope with thier advice and friendship :D

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Lavender Lady

A warm welcome from me.

The people on here are very nice people. We try to support one another, either with advice or tips that we pick up.

I had to have a Hystorectomy quite a few years ago so I do know what you are going through there.

If you have any questions regarding Arthur as he is called, if you post them on Living With Arthritis more people will see them there and you will get a quicker answer,

We also have the CChat Forum we go there to relax have a laugh and some fun.
    We also have a Cafe there which is open all night, you can eat and drink whatever you want. Why not pop in for a cuppa meet some of the people.

There is also the Younger People Forum for the younger peeps.

Well, I hope to see you post soon.

Take Care
    love Trish xx

There is also lots of topics put on there for people to add what they think.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Lavenderlady (love the name) and welcome from me too! As Trisher says everyone here is really friendly and I wish I had found the forum much sooner!
    Look forward to your posts.
    Love Tilly x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi love your name and welcome from me feel ferr to post on good or bad days we do not mind if you need to know anything just ask if you want to natter just pop in the cafe on chit chat even if just for fat free cakes lol glad to have you with us take care val
    val
  • lavenderlady
    thankyou for your good wishes and I am so glad to be on here been posting for a few weeks on and off and Iris has given me lots of help for when I have my TWR , thanks also for liking my name I adore lavender and have it growing in my garden hence the name not too sure if I'm a lady though :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    thankyou for your good wishes and I am so glad to be on here been posting for a few weeks on and off and Iris has given me lots of help for when I have my TWR , thanks also for liking my name I adore lavender and have it growing in my garden hence the name not too sure if I'm a lady though :lol:

well you are to us .we all are lol well except the gentlemen
    val
  • GardenGirl
    GardenGirl Member Posts: 1
    I have just registered for the first time and I must say you sound like a very friendly bunch. I have to confess that I have been humbled by 'Lavender Lady' :cry: . I am struggling with menopause, osteoarthritis in my knees and acute gout in my big toe (no I am not a lush!) and feeling sorry for myself! I have realised that there are a lot of people out there with heaps more to put up with than I have. My only problem at the moment is not being able to put on any shoes which will be a problem when I go back to work on Tuesday after two weeks living in sandals. I have been reluctant to take anti-inflams as I always prefer the complimentary route, but looks like I will have no choice.

I'm 49 (yesterday) married for the second time and have two grown up children (if that makes sense). I am passionate about gardening and will chop my big toe off before I give that up!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your OA and toe. Methinks, too that you should go for the anti inflams. :wink::) They help me with my OA. :) Look forward to seeing you posting on the other zones. More people hang out there. 8) This is more of an introductory zone.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi tracey and welcome. I'm sorry to hear of all your problems one thing we DON'T do here is hold competitions about who's worse than who. You have a great deal on your plate with the OA and gout, it's disturbed your life and is casuing you problems - we all understand that. As elna says, take a look at the other forums - we're mostly found on LWA and CC, tho Working MAtters is interesting too. Jump in and post - we like new people and their views, ideas and experiences! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lavenderlady
    hi Tracy I would recomend Hotters shoes and sandles I live in them if you look on ebay under ladies hotters and your size you can often get a great bargain brand new for a fraction of the price I have OA in my big toes and they are fusing so often the pain in bending them is excrushiating ???( BAD)
    all of us suffer in one way or another with arthritis its nasty and very under estimated disease, which I feel should be given a higher focus