Palates assessment

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. Jul 2010, 18:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I want to do palates, so I rang a local studio run by a group of physio's. AsI wanted an assessment before committing myself to anything and spent an hour with a physio this morning, who gave me an examination and took a history as they do lots of different treatments there.
I was worried she would advise the expensive one to one sessions, but she didn't, she said the classes of palates, using machines in the studio, led by a physio, would be best.

She said my hips are weak and my back muscles and if I work on them I might find I get less pain and find walking better. All I have to do is wait for a new course in a few weeks, they will phone me.

I am glad I went, as she said the things I do for the pain are right and now, at last, I'll be doing something positive to help myself.

I feel tired tonight!!!

Love Suexx

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's great Sue!

so pleased the appointment went so well and you will be able to start on the Pilates soon. :wink:

very reassuring too that she was so thorough and able to tell you that you're doing everything right. :!:

it will be soo good if the Pilates strengthens those back muscles which might also help with your pain. :D

please post and let us know when you get started.

Iris xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    sue that great well done
    val
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Sue, it should be more fun doing the pilates as a class. I'm intrigued though that you use machines ... can you tell me more, or not till the after the first class?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Its had to describe the machines, some are different, but low benches that have overhead bits attached and look like a cross between a rowing machine that slides. I'll tell you more when I know more!!! :shock:
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Intriguing!!

Still it should be easier to get on and off the benches than the floor!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.