Is This It?

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 2. Aug 2010, 06:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Im in fear of being a serial moaner on here but have to admit not been having a great time.
I woke up this morning after another night on the painkillers, my auto immune disease is playing up so have really dry nose and its blocked permanently, got a sore on my top eyelid. To top this all its going to sound really stupid but i dusted yesterday and the dye from my hands went on my new m & s bra straps and wont come off...Got a refund but theyre discontinuing this style of bra and if youre like me (bigger hooters than most) then, well when you get something comfy you want to keep it.......
Getting ready for visitors coming, but got up, head ached, leg ached, eye hurt, nose hurt.....Id had enough, feel really deflated and am stuck in this nightmare of my knee situation.....I hate moaning but ive got about a 10th of the life I had last year.....I know there's plenty of folk like me but i cojuld cry buckets.....

Elaine

Comments

• lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    aww Elaine I really feel sorry for you , I know what you mean about big hooters and finding a good bra I always buy a Triumph minimser, really comfortable as Iris knows am trying to sort out a good bra for when I have my TWR on 29th September got date this morning, hubby could do them up I suppose but I want to be able to maintain some sort of normality if I can when I had my hysterectomy last October I had to have so much help to begin with I hated not being able to do things,
    but you should try to do things but slowly I now think if can do one good thing a week like sort out clothing orbathing th 2 dogs etc just take your time hunni , cheer up and dont let it get to you, as you say theres many worse off but we're talking about you this time, relax with a good drink and maybe a book and chill, 8) **** the housework and let hubby cook for you all, :lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Hi

I know its a silly thing re the bra but have just gone up a size in last six months and finding the bigger bras quite cumbersome.....
    I hoovered today and even though my mum had picked up all stuff off floor for me i was kanckered doing 5 mins hoovering with a tool....I dont even feel like the drink as in pain and cant really relax as my brothers coming to stay with his gf and he goes at about 100mph everything.
    Had to laugh when you said let hubby do stuff.....Erm i bat for the other team? but know what you mean.....
    Elaine
    aww Elaine I really feel sorry for you , I know what you mean about big hooters and finding a good bra I always buy a Triumph minimser, really comfortable as Iris knows am trying to sort out a good bra for when I have my TWR on 29th September got date this morning, hubby could do them up I suppose but I want to be able to maintain some sort of normality if I can when I had my hysterectomy last October I had to have so much help to begin with I hated not being able to do things,
    but you should try to do things but slowly I now think if can do one good thing a week like sort out clothing orbathing th 2 dogs etc just take your time hunni , cheer up and dont let it get to you, as you say theres many worse off but we're talking about you this time, relax with a good drink and maybe a book and chill, 8) **** the housework and let hubby cook for you all, :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi you do sound like life on the hard side at the moment but stay with it sure that when you get some better meds things will get better hugs to keep you going val
    val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Elaine...

just you 'moan' all you want to....on here nobody minds a jot and there's always folks around who'll offer a bit of comfort or join in!!

I had to shop around too for a 'suitable' bra....not because I'm particularly well endowed..but to be able to manage the fastenings with one hand....anyway that's another story. :wink:

your arther isn't letting up at all is he?... I wish you had better pain management and weren't having to wait forever for your op...just not fair. :?

Hope you aren't the one doing the entertaining tonight? are your 'visitors' the kind you can say you're feeling like rubbish to....and let them get on with it? is OH taking the strain?

hope things ease up and you can have a good time with your 'visitors'.

iris xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Elaine

Sometimes when we are dreading visitors and all the preparation it all turns out better than anticipated. Why not say you did not feel up to cooking today and get a take away. No preparation, more time to chat and hardly any washing up and clearing away. :)

Chin up,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Iris

Well you know when things just get built up well I feel that way, the bra is stupid and even got upset when my sisters dog got put to sleep yesterday......
    I fear i sound like an awful hypochondriac, AIDisease and what not....All doctor is going to offer me for pain relief is patches to wear on skin.........and that will aggrivate AID.....:-(
    I am lucky as in i live at home but my brother will keep going on and on if im quiet and I will be made to feel antisocial if I dont stay up late.......I aint got an OH (like i said to Lavenderlady i bat for other team but still mates with my ex).....She lives in west midlands anyway....
    Thanks for message does help.....
    Elaine
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Elaine...

just you 'moan' all you want to....on here nobody minds a jot and there's always folks around who'll offer a bit of comfort or join in!!

I had to shop around too for a 'suitable' bra....not because I'm particularly well endowed..but to be able to manage the fastenings with one hand....anyway that's another story. :wink:

your arther isn't letting up at all is he?... I wish you had better pain management and weren't having to wait forever for your op...just not fair. :?

Hope you aren't the one doing the entertaining tonight? are your 'visitors' the kind you can say you're feeling like rubbish to....and let them get on with it? is OH taking the strain?

hope things ease up and you can have a good time with your 'visitors'.

iris xx
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Elna

Well i offered to make tea tomorrow....But will need to cut up veg in stages, ie ten minute bite size stints.....I wish was looking forward to them, want to crawl in big hole....Then next week we got more visitors and in put-u-up bed all week....

Elaine
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Elaine

Sometimes when we are dreading visitors and all the preparation it all turns out better than anticipated. Why not say you did not feel up to cooking today and get a take away. No preparation, more time to chat and hardly any washing up and clearing away. :)

Chin up,

Luv
    Elna x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Elaine

sorry to hear that you're not feeling too grand. Having all these problems and a bad knee to boot must be tough. I know what it's like as I've had problme with both my knees for a long time. One TKR in Feb and the other one to go.

Have they got your meds right? I found Tramadol works wonders for me, however, the side effects of being hot/sweaty is starting to get me down. I'm going to ask for an alternative and hope it is as effective. When I'm on Tramadol I can walk without too much discomfort but when I'm off them I'm in agony.

I hope you are feeling a bit brighter. Rally around your family to give you a hand. I've learnt to delegate a lot of jobs!

Take care.
    Sharmaine
    X

Hi

Im in fear of being a serial moaner on here but have to admit not been having a great time.
    I woke up this morning after another night on the painkillers, my auto immune disease is playing up so have really dry nose and its blocked permanently, got a sore on my top eyelid. To top this all its going to sound really stupid but i dusted yesterday and the dye from my hands went on my new m & s bra straps and wont come off...Got a refund but theyre discontinuing this style of bra and if youre like me (bigger hooters than most) then, well when you get something comfy you want to keep it.......
    Getting ready for visitors coming, but got up, head ached, leg ached, eye hurt, nose hurt.....Id had enough, feel really deflated and am stuck in this nightmare of my knee situation.....I hate moaning but ive got about a 10th of the life I had last year.....I know there's plenty of folk like me but i cojuld cry buckets.....

Elaine
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Elaine.... you need to say 'NO'

...this is all just too much for you just now. :roll:

If you brother and gf want to come over...so be it...they can cook! and you shouldn't feel obliged to stay up late :shock:
    whose needs are being met? not yours it seems to me. :!:
    why are you the one who has to sleep on a 'put me up' bed... :?: :?

Families aren't always the ones who understand how arther affects us ...but you need rest and comfort..not running around and putting up with an uncomfy bed for others! tell them Elaine...nicely but firmly.

iris xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Elaine,

Would telling your bro and his gf and other visitors how fed up you are help .....maybe they'd chip in with the chores if they realised you're having a tough time at the mo?

Pity you can't ship the ex in from the W Midlands being as though you still get on with her :|

That is so annoying about your bra, when I find something that really comfortable that I get on with, like slippers, I buy a job lot to keep me going for a while. :wink:

Hope you end up having a lovely time.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Elaine
    I am so sorry you are suffering, like you say , sometimes it is one thing and another.
    I think we can be too hard on ourselves, not saying no to visitors or asking do they mind helping with the meal, dont worry you are not on your own (I am the worlds worsted ).
    I do hope you feel better very soon, try and get some rest, and moan away it is good therapy
    Lots of very gentle hugs ((((((((()))))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Sharmaine

I know im not alone and there are thousands of people worse than me but I dont feel im getting the best treatment quickly enough...Everyone seems to think my leg will get better miraculously but its not and im sure of someone took a video diary of me month by month, i would even be shocked.
    Im on co-prox and meloxicam just now, neither doing any good....Seeing doc on Wed, she spoke about a patch to release pain killers all day....Someone, somewhere has got to see how difficult life is right now, Im either going to fall or need a wheelchair at this rate....
    As ever i appreciate all the lovely messages on here, it makes me upset but cheers me up too...

Elaine
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi Elaine

sorry to hear that you're not feeling too grand. Having all these problems and a bad knee to boot must be tough. I know what it's like as I've had problme with both my knees for a long time. One TKR in Feb and the other one to go.

Have they got your meds right? I found Tramadol works wonders for me, however, the side effects of being hot/sweaty is starting to get me down. I'm going to ask for an alternative and hope it is as effective. When I'm on Tramadol I can walk without too much discomfort but when I'm off them I'm in agony.

I hope you are feeling a bit brighter. Rally around your family to give you a hand. I've learnt to delegate a lot of jobs!

Take care.
    Sharmaine
    X

Hi

Elaine
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Iris

Well the thing is you see it aint my house, im a spoilt brat still at home.....My mum and dad realise how bad its getting but they are in their late 70's...
    My sister is coming next week and she is lovely so dont mind going on bed for her and niece, besides im not sleeping well so wont make a lot of difference.
    Dont think brother gets how bad i am depsite us telling him tonight he still wanted me to go shoppping to k village with his oh tomorrow, cant do it but will cook......He didnt show much compassion 2nite either.....
    Im glad got you all on here to sound off on.
    Elainexx
    dorcas wrote:
    Elaine.... you need to say 'NO'

...this is all just too much for you just now. :roll:

If you brother and gf want to come over...so be it...they can cook! and you shouldn't feel obliged to stay up late :shock:
    whose needs are being met? not yours it seems to me. :!:
    why are you the one who has to sleep on a 'put me up' bed... :?: :?

Families aren't always the ones who understand how arther affects us ...but you need rest and comfort..not running around and putting up with an uncomfy bed for others! tell them Elaine...nicely but firmly.

iris xx
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Legs

I have said 2nite how i feel, but not got a lot of response, too interested waffling about holiday in cornwall.....
    My ex is with her folks in Maidstone, she is lovely, too lovely and she did like me, i felt me being with her was a burden however....We are just getting back to being okayish...
    Re bra had bought 3 but that one got ruined off the duster, currently asking folk to look in thier m & s for me....

Elainexx
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Elaine,

Would telling your bro and his gf and other visitors how fed up you are help .....maybe they'd chip in with the chores if they realised you're having a tough time at the mo?

Pity you can't ship the ex in from the W Midlands being as though you still get on with her :|

That is so annoying about your bra, when I find something that really comfortable that I get on with, like slippers, I buy a job lot to keep me going for a while. :wink:

Hope you end up having a lovely time.

Luv Legs :D
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Barbara
    I think my life has just come to a head at moment, i can deal with one or two health issues but when they all come back with a vengence and the knee pain is my constant companion thats when the resolve wears thin.......
    I cant moan too much as its not my house, still at home, never had much money so im fortunate in a way but my room is regarded as the spare room....My folks do alternate uncomfy bed (they are in it 2nite and tomorrow nite) but im in it all next week.....
    I really appreciate gentle hugs....

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Elaine
    I am so sorry you are suffering, like you say , sometimes it is one thing and another.
    I think we can be too hard on ourselves, not saying no to visitors or asking do they mind helping with the meal, dont worry you are not on your own (I am the worlds worsted ).
    I do hope you feel better very soon, try and get some rest, and moan away it is good therapy
    Lots of very gentle hugs ((((((((()))))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am curious - how did you ruin a bra when dusting? (Everyone else here is too polite to ask!) I'm a 42G and have given up wearing bras. No-one is here to see and life is far more comfortable without. Those awful things are not compulsory.

Re the brother and GF - tell them/him to pull out a finger. Your parents are elderly (my mum is 87, dad deceased but I'm an only so it's all on me): he has filial duty, he should exercise it. He should take some of the strain - it would also probably earn him Brownie points with the GF, which is to his advantage. It shouldn't all be falling to you despite the fact you are still at home - such is the fate of daughters. You have your problems and they need to be dealt with.

I know what continual pain is like: it wears away at one, grinds you down and is exhausting. It saps your energy beyond reason and only those that have it know what it is like. Do what you can towards lunch tomorrow, then tell your brother and GF that they have to do their bit too. That will take courage but I am sure you will manage.

I hope I have helped on some small way. Probably not tho, rarely do. Who's waffling about holidays in Cornwall? Do tell! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    HI
    Well no thought had explained in first post. The dye of a plain yellow square duster went onto my hands and I pushed my bra straps back, the dye went onto straps, didnt notice till that night, tried to get dye off, was stuck fast and looked luminous.....This despite me washing hands numerous times whilst dusting....I dont agree with you going bra free, i did that before my op when had gone up a size from 40D to 42C and it was horrible, when it waqs hot knockers just felt like two big sweaty lumps....Plus I never felt nice, always having to cover up to hide nips on show....My hooters need a house too as they would be on ground level if didnt reign them in....
    My brother and oh waffling about hols in devon, as they have just been there.....Im to cook today so going shopping now to have meal ready for 7pm, will take me that long!!!But i am zapped of energy completely and sore as hell...

Elaine
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am curious - how did you ruin a bra when dusting? (Everyone else here is too polite to ask!) I'm a 42G and have given up wearing bras. No-one is here to see and life is far more comfortable without. Those awful things are not compulsory.

Re the brother and GF - tell them/him to pull out a finger. Your parents are elderly (my mum is 87, dad deceased but I'm an only so it's all on me): he has filial duty, he should exercise it. He should take some of the strain - it would also probably earn him Brownie points with the GF, which is to his advantage. It shouldn't all be falling to you despite the fact you are still at home - such is the fate of daughters. You have your problems and they need to be dealt with.

I know what continual pain is like: it wears away at one, grinds you down and is exhausting. It saps your energy beyond reason and only those that have it know what it is like. Do what you can towards lunch tomorrow, then tell your brother and GF that they have to do their bit too. That will take courage but I am sure you will manage.

I hope I have helped on some small way. Probably not tho, rarely do. Who's waffling about holidays in Cornwall? Do tell! DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Ah, I see. I always wash new dusters, that sorts 'em out. I'm sorry you don't agree with my not wearing a bra at times, but I think it's my choice, don't you? - and I only offered the idea as a suggestion. Anyway, take things one bit at a time, don't rush anything and I hope you get some enjoyment out of the day. Unlikely I know, but you might be pleasantly surprised! Often the things one dreads turn out quite well. Take care. DD
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Elaine

I'm sorry to get to your thread so late. I just wanted to say, that I'm thinking of you and I know where you are coming from with the families bit.

About the bra, have you tried the companies that cater for the larger boobies? You don't want to find your waistband holding them up in the future if you don't wear one do you? :lol:

Take care

Janie
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Janie

Thats okay coming to my thread late and I appreciate you thinking of me.

Well im not convinced i have gone up a bra size, just went to m & s to get fitted as hadnt done so for a while and she told me what i was now and sold me a really uncomfortable one....Im back to wearing my older size, the straps arents so wide n digging in and just feels so much lighter...I would never go out without one again....

Elaine
    janie68 wrote:
    Hi Elaine

I'm sorry to get to your thread so late. I just wanted to say, that I'm thinking of you and I know where you are coming from with the families bit.

About the bra, have you tried the companies that cater for the larger boobies? You don't want to find your waistband holding them up in the future if you don't wear one do you? :lol:

Take care

Janie
  • elainebadknee
    It wasnt a new duster we have had it for months was just bad luck I think.....
    One going to say one thing re bra's - I didnt say it wasnt your choice, just had different experience/opinion and the sentence that reads "I dont agree with you going bra free" was not meant personally just in general.

Elaine :-)
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Ah, I see. I always wash new dusters, that sorts 'em out. I'm sorry you don't agree with my not wearing a bra at times, but I think it's my choice, don't you? - and I only offered the idea as a suggestion. Anyway, take things one bit at a time, don't rush anything and I hope you get some enjoyment out of the day. Unlikely I know, but you might be pleasantly surprised! Often the things one dres turn out quite well. Take care. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh, sorry - I mis-read it! Not on top form at the mo. My apologies. DD
  • elainebadknee
    No its fine i suppose i probably didnt word it brilliantly but wanted to clear up as dont wish to offend anyone on here, as they are all great......

Elaine :-)
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh, sorry - I mis-read it! Not on top form at the mo. My apologies. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Elaine,

Hope the day is going a bit better than you expected. Brothers eh!
    I have two. Tormented the life out of me when we were young. Come to think about it the elder one still does. :roll:
    How's the eye today? Glad that you and your ex still get on. Not always the case so thats good. I suppose it would be pushing it if you could camp out at theirs next week. Sorry daft idea.

Chin up soon will be over and you will have your room back.

Lv, Ix
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Ironic

Well so far have cooked veg for my veggie bake, hung out washing, emptied dishwasher and run folk to k village.....!!!
    My eye is still sore, it aint a stye just red around top eyelid in corner....Leg no better but zonked last night, out for count, clutching Woody the Frog tightly........
    My ex and I are okayish, she didnt want to end it.....Wont go to ex's as she has stairs and it hurts me like hell......We will be okay again in a friendly way but will take time...
    Dreading this god damn bed next week :-(

Elaine
    ironic wrote:
    Hi Elaine,

Hope the day is going a bit better than you expected. Brothers eh!
    I have two. Tormented the life out of me when we were young. Come to think about it the elder one still does. :roll:
    How's the eye today? Glad that you and your ex still get on. Not always the case so thats good. I suppose it would be pushing it if you could camp out at theirs next week. Sorry daft idea.

Chin up soon will be over and you will have your room back.

Lv, Ix