artro Silium

aceman
aceman Member Posts: 9
edited 2. Aug 2010, 10:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi!
I require feedback on "artro Silium," gell. I am thinking of starting a course of this product for my knees, if my memory recall is right! i think this product was advertised in the Arth/care mag, so i am hopful somebody will have tried this product. Here"s hoping Thanks once again. aceman.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Aceman

Isn't it an alternative medicine for OA???

I haven't tried it myself, but will be interested to haer hwo others have got on and how it goes for you.

Do you buy it yourself or did your GP prescribe it?

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Aceman,

did your GP prescribe it?

I was interested in trying this silica based gel before... but found that in 2009 the Advertising Standards Agency had adjudicated against the manufacturers for unsubstantiated claims regarding it's efficacy.

personally that was enough for me and I decided I wouldn't touch it.... but would be interested to hear how you get on.

might be worth checking it out for yourself though on the ASA website.

Iris x
  • aceman
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Aceman,

did your GP prescribe it?

I was interested in trying this silica based gel before... but found that in 2009 the Advertising Standards Agency had adjudicated against the manufacturers for unsubstantiated claims regarding it's efficacy.

personally that was enough for me and I decided I wouldn't touch it.... but would be interested to hear how you get on.

might be worth checking it out for yourself though on the ASA website.

Iris x
    Thank you for the advice, you have saved me money! i decided to check out A. S. A web site, and read the report so decided not to order this product . Have a nice day (aceman)
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi aceman,

hope you do find something else to ease your pain.
    what meds are you on just now?

Iris x
  • aceman
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi aceman,

hope you do find something else to ease your pain.
    what meds are you on just now?

Iris x
    Hi! Iris, Thanks for your note i have degenerative O/A my present meds are Naproxen, Robaxin plus doctors fav/med paracetamol plus fish oils. What meds are you on? have a pain free day and keep smiling (aceman)
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    I have been using Diethylamine salicylate cream for ages now and swear by it , you get no heating up its just soaks into your skin and relieves the pain its know by the name of Algesal I keep it by my bed in my bags everywhere I go , I also find it works by massaging it in my fingers when they are painful, hope this helps
  • aceman
    I have been using Diethylamine salicylate cream for ages now and swear by it , you get no heating up its just soaks into your skin and relieves the pain its know by the name of Algesal I keep it by my bed in my bags everywhere I go , I also find it works by massaging it in my fingers when they are painful, hope this helps
    Thanks for your comments will give it a try (aceman)