whitey44/Newcomer

whitey44
whitey44 Member Posts: 36
edited 13. Aug 2010, 20:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hello Everybody

Reading your comments has been so helpful and encouraging, I felt I had to join the forum.

I have been suffering from RA for 20 years, and have managed well on anti-inflammatories and the holistic approach, i.e. massages, herbal treatments.....the list goes on. I have been loosing the battle with Arthur over the last six months so had to go on Methotrexate. At present suffering with swelling in the sternum, pain in lumbar and awful pain in every muscle in my right leg. After speaking to Rheum/GP, I think I am trying to do what my body cannot. As I have been ordered to rest, the forum seems to be a good way to relax!

Nice to be here!!! whitey44 :D

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Whitey and a warm welcome to the forum!

So sorry you are struggling so much at the moment - but I am full of admiration for you for coping as you have done for the past 20 years.

R & R is sometimes the only option and you will find a good bunch of people on here with whom to share and to have some fun. The Living with Arthritis Forum is the place for specific arther related posts, but do join in on the Chit Chat forum for the light-hearted stuff. More often than not there is someone online in the cafe for a chat.
    Look forward to seeing you posting. Love Tilly x
    ]
  • tillytop
    tillytop wrote:

So sorry you are struggling so much at the moment - but I am full of admiration for you for coping as you have done for the past 20 years.

R & R is sometimes the only option and you will find a good bunch of people on here with whom to share and to have some fun. The Living with Arthritis Forum is the place for specific arther related posts, but do join in on the Chit Chat forum for the light-hearted stuff. More often than not there is someone online in the cafe for a chat.
  • tillytop
    Ooops!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi whitey44
    A very warm welcome from me,you have done amazing for 20 years, I am so sorry it has not continued, but you have us lot now, any questions you have put on LWA, and come and join us in chit chat when you are ready.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • whitey44
    tillytop wrote:
    tillytop wrote:

Hello Tilly, Thank you so much for such a lovely warm welcome and comforting words! Love Whitey X :D
  • whitey44
    Hello Tilly, Thank you so much for such a lovely warm welcome and comforting words! Love Whitey X :D
  • whitey44
    Thank you Barbara for your lovely, warm welcome and comforting advice.

Love Whitey XX :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi whitney great to have you with us welcome to the mad house val
    val
  • tillytop
    whitey44 wrote:

You are so welcome. Look forward to seeing you posting.

Love Tilly x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello whitey44 and welcome to the worst club in the world! I hope you have had a look around the other forums: most people are to be found on LWA and ChitChat, and Working Matters can be of interest too if one has queries about employers etc. Jump in and start posting - new voices are always welcome! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • whitey44
    valval wrote:
    hi whitney great to have you with us welcome to the mad house val

Thank you Valval. It sounds as though I'm in for a great time :!:
  • whitey44
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello whitey44 and welcome to the worst club in the world! I hope you have had a look around the other forums: most people are to be found on LWA and ChitChat, and Working Matters can be of interest too if one has queries about employers etc. Jump in and start posting - new voices are always welcome! DD

Hello Dreamdaisy

It might be the worst club in the world but what super members :!: :!: Your guidance is really appreciated; still visiting the other forums so will take the plunge soon. :) Whitey
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I note you have! Lovely to have a new (and I think male) voice on the forums. I love men - we need more of you! DD (who is not a trollop)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • whitey44
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I note you have! Lovely to have a new (and I think male) voice on the forums. I love men - we need more of you! DD (who is not a trollop)

DD, you made me :lol: . I am sorry to disappoint you (wrong thought) I'm female - Sorry!
    I love men too so I know exactly what you mean, and NO you are not a T - I think you are a beautiful lady with an amazing sense of humour.

Lovely to hear from you. Whitey :) XX
  • whitey44
    babycham wrote:
    Hello Whitey. Also R/A 20 yrs also have only relied on alternative therapy and nsa.................ys most days are painfull with bad short lived flares been on the forum for a short time and still not convinced which road to go down at the moment I am thinking that the steroid injections may be the way to go but I wish you really well and hope you find the methotrexate improves the R/a for you as I know how brave you have been going it alone please stick with us all and join in if you feel like itL/Babychamxxx :)

Hello Babycham,

Lovely to meet you! Thank you for your good wishes; being so welcoming & encouraging.

Sorry to hear you're at the crossroads at this present time. I know how you feel. Food for thought - When Arthur began to make things really difficult for me, in 2008, I opted for the steroid injections ( each one lasted three months), and took Naproxen as and when I needed it. It worked wonders :!: . I opted for Methotrexate because the erosions in my hands & feet were getting worst. Take advice from your Rheumy and follow your intuition.

I will certainly stick with you all, it is so wonderful being with people who understands what you are saying :!: Hope you'll be able to make a decision soon in order to get some relief. Please let me know how what you decide.

Pure wishes & love

Whitey :D XXX
  • whitey44
    Hi Whitey

Lovely to meet you. Hope you are following orders, and resting well :D

I'm sorry that RA has gotten the better of you lately - I resisted MTX, the thought of it terrified me, but I wasn't brave enough to fight, and only lasted a few months before I gave in (such a wimp) :roll: :roll: :oops:

I hope you find some relief soon from the pain, and wish you all the very best. Look forward to bumping into you!!

Take care,
    Lynn xxx

Hello Lynn

Lovely to meet you too, and yes, beleive it or not , I am following orders. (The pain is in charge for a while) :lol: Thanks for you caring words and for making me :) . You're no wimp; you just lost one battle but you're winning the war :!:

I'll keep my eye out for you :!:

Pure wishes & love

Whitey :D XXX