back again part 2

markc1
markc1 Member Posts: 253
you won't believe this.......i told you all i had to give up my job and go back on the ESA?
well today i heard from them i have been turned down for it!!! my rapid re claim has been deemed a new claim and i won't be getting any money!! i find this incredible,i am disabled but because i tried to work i don't qualify!!!I have to attend another 'medical' which will be 3 months away at least,but i am told if i win all my money will be paid back.''What do i live on?'' i asked.''Is your wife working?,a crisis loan''was the answer.

I totally and utterly despair whats happening with this country!! :cry:

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mark, this is absolutely appalling. :shock:

what did they say you should do..sign on for 'jobseeker's allowance':?:

you can't just live on fresh air while you wait for the ATOS 'medical' and a crisis loan doesn't seem appropriate advice.

Contact CAB to see what advice they can offer about your current finances.... and assistance with the appeal.
    I read somewhere on the forum ..LWA I think that if you have an appeal in process via CAB that dwp re-instate ESA while the appeal is being heard. I don't know if it applies to your stage of application...but at least you can check it out.

so sorry :oops: can't say anything that will come close to helping how you are feeling. :roll:

Iris x
  • markc1
    dorcas wrote:
    Oh Mark, this is absolutely appalling. :shock:

what did they say you should do..sign on for 'jobseeker's allowance':?:

you can't just live on fresh air while you wait for the ATOS 'medical' and a crisis loan doesn't seem appropriate advice.

Contact CAB to see what advice they can offer about your current finances.... and assistance with the appeal.
    I read somewhere on the forum ..LWA I think that if you have an appeal in process via CAB that dwp re-instate ESA while the appeal is being heard. I don't know if it applies to your stage of application...but at least you can check it out.

so sorry :oops: can't say anything that will come close to helping how you are feeling. :roll:

Iris x

No Iris they didn't say anything else,i am still appealing over the original decision to stop my ESA,thats going to a tribuneral so i thought,like you,i would still get paid but apparently thats not so.
    I really don't know what to do,i just sent my letter in disputing the decision and posted my medical form to atos at the same time!!!

It would be a joke,if it was funny :roll:
  • dorcas
    Mark...

maybe you should try to see CAB tomorrow if pos. It surely can't be right what they're doing. :shock:

Do you have a Welfare Rights Officer in your local authority? they are very knowledgeable about all benefits and act as advocates with dwp in some areas.

really wish I could help Mark.

iris x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi Mark
    This is just dreadful :x
    I agree with Iris you should go to CAB Im going to go see them coz work are playing silly devils long story but if you want to check my previous post on written warning :!:
    This counrty is going mad :x
    Keep strong
    Maria x
  • markc1
    dorcas wrote:
    Mark...

maybe you should try to see CAB tomorrow if pos. It surely can't be right what they're doing. :shock:

Do you have a Welfare Rights Officer in your local authority? they are very knowledgeable about all benefits and act as advocates with dwp in some areas.

really wish I could help Mark.

iris x

I got in touch with the disability worker at jobcentre who said he would check it out for me and ring me back............so far he hasn't bothered!!! :x
  • dorcas
    Hang on in there Mark....hopefully he'll phone you back today. :wink:

if not.....phone him again in the morn and/ or CAB. :?

Iris x
  • markc1
    dorcas wrote:
    Hang on in there Mark....hopefully he'll phone you back today. :wink:

if not.....phone him again in the morn and/ or CAB. :?

Iris x

Nah he won't ring,i filled in jobseekers online,i won't get that either 'cos i won't be fit enough!

Its all those bloody spongers fault that we can't get benefits!!! :?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You don't know that he won't ring - you are probably not the only person he's dealing with. Give the poor guy a chance - your frustration levels must be astronomical, I can understand that, but give him time - I am sure he is trying to help you. Contacting the CAB is a good step to take tho I am not entirely sure what they could do. This is a bizarre situation in which you find yourself - it shouldn't be allowed to happen, but somehow it has. I am so sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • markc1
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You don't know that he won't ring - you are probably not the only person he's dealing with. Give the poor guy a chance - your frustration levels must be astronomical, I can understand that, but give him time - I am sure he is trying to help you. Contacting the CAB is a good step to take tho I am not entirely sure what they could do. This is a bizarre situation in which you find yourself - it shouldn't be allowed to happen, but somehow it has. I am so sorry. DD

50p says he don't ring....fancy a wager??? :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Would do but you keep your money! 50p is a daily paper or a tube of sweeties for a treat! Keep your chin up markc, something will turn up, I am sure. It's a dreadful situation in which you find yourself. Try to stay as optimistic as you can: they cannot fault you for trying to work - hell, it's all they're banging on about at the moment! The system is not flexible enough, not for real claimants. DD
  • markc1
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Would do but you keep your money! 50p is a daily paper or a tube of sweeties for a treat! Keep your chin up markc, something will turn up, I am sure. It's a dreadful situation in which you find yourself. Try to stay as optimistic as you can: they cannot fault you for trying to work - hell, it's all they're banging on about at the moment! The system is not flexible enough, not for real claimants. DD

Your spot on there DD!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Has he rung yet? DD
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about your situation. There is nothing to justify it. The problem is that also all the different benefit departments don't work together and seem to just pass you round.

What I don't understand is how people do cheat the system, perhaps I am stupid. But having claimed incapacity benefit, job seekers allowance (on my second trip round) and council benefit, the nightmare and hoops you have to jump through, how do they get away with it. I was watching a programme the other night and one lady received £600,000 over a 10 year period!!!

I hope you get your claim sorted out real soon. There needs to be massive changes in the welfare department, there need to start again and understand the reasons why people do need to claim benefits.

Sorry got into a bit of a rant there.

Sending you lots of strength for the fight ahead of you xxxxx
  • markc1
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Has he rung yet? DD

No...good job you didn't bet,they are just not interested are they??
  • markc1
    Rainbow77 wrote:
    Hi Mark

Sorry to hear about your situation. There is nothing to justify it. The problem is that also all the different benefit departments don't work together and seem to just pass you round.

What I don't understand is how people do cheat the system, perhaps I am stupid. But having claimed incapacity benefit, job seekers allowance (on my second trip round) and council benefit, the nightmare and hoops you have to jump through, how do they get away with it. I was watching a programme the other night and one lady received £600,000 over a 10 year period!!!

I hope you get your claim sorted out real soon. There needs to be massive changes in the welfare department, there need to start again and understand the reasons why people do need to claim benefits.

Sorry got into a bit of a rant there.

Sending you lots of strength for the fight ahead of you xxxxx

You are right,you can't justify it.Even when you are legit they couldn't care less.You should have heard my gp he went ballistic when i told him what was happening.
    I am having an interview for jobseekers Tuesday,that should be interesting!!!! :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    It would seem that way. I bet he has a heavy case load but even so, he shouldn't make promises he isn't going to keep. I'm so sorry: good luck on Tuesday. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Hi markc, how did it go? DD
  • markc1
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Apologies for the delay in replying but as yet i have not had any results.
    I went for my JSA interview:i explained what was happening with ESA:i spoke to the boss at the jobcentre who told me he would ''look into this personally'' and would e mail someone at the decision makers who had to ''ring you within 3 hours,by law'' to explain what was happening as he was of the same opinion as me if it was going to a tribuneral they had to pay me.

Well that was at 10.40 yesterday morning and you've guessed it....no ones rung!!
    So i spoke to the manager again this morning,he couldn't believe no one had rung me and ''promise i will ring you with an answer personally''........that was 10.00 this morning,nothing so far!

Oh the disability guy from the jobcentre?.........never called!! So at the moment no benefit coming in at all.Frustrated and angry....you bet!!! :?
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    How frustrating and incompetent.

I have similiar probs when attempting to deal with soc serv for S. My friend says I keep getting put on the "too difficult " pile - which sounds about right - but is no consolation and no excuse - it is their jobs to deal with us. Log all calls and when you phone up and manage to speak to anyone ask for them name and then tell them to hang on a second whilst you make a note of it ... so you make them more accountable ...

Good luck, keep hounding them ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • markc1
    markc1 wrote:
    dreamdaisy wrote:

Apologies for the delay in replying but as yet i have not had any results.
    I went for my JSA interview:i explained what was happening with ESA:i spoke to the boss at the jobcentre who told me he would ''look into this personally'' and would e mail someone at the decision makers who had to ''ring you within 3 hours,by law'' to explain what was happening as he was of the same opinion as me if it was going to a tribuneral they had to pay me.

Well that was at 10.40 yesterday morning and you've guessed it....no ones rung!!
    So i spoke to the manager again this morning,he couldn't believe no one had rung me and ''promise i will ring you with an answer personally''........that was 10.00 this morning,nothing so far!

Oh the disability guy from the jobcentre?.........never called!! So at the moment no benefit coming in at all.Frustrated and angry....you bet!!! :?

Credit where credits due i got a phone call at 16.50 today.....but no ESA for me unless and i stress i ''pass'' the medical.I may get jobseekers but as i am not fit for work that seems pointless.
    Looks like kid creole the medical examiner really screwed things up for me and i have payed the price for trying to work.I want to go back to work but what can i do!!
    David Cameron i hope you are reading this,you have succeeded in punishing people with a disability.I really do despair for this country.
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Mark

Just had a quick scan through your posts so sorry if I am being inaccurate.

I thought you would be put onto ESA assessement rate if you were appealing however perhaps your case is different if they are denying you flat out? You said that you won't get jobseekers allowance as you are not fit enough however if they are denying you ESA then they think you are fit to work therefore I would think they HAVE to give you jobseekers.

What a farce this system is. I am in the middle of a battle with all of this myself and cannae believe the stupidity of it all. I wish we could give all our politicians IQ tests as I suspect most of them would not be mind fit to work/not fit for purpose!

Keep positive Mark and chase this all the way.

Carol
  • markc1
    carola wrote:
    Mark

Just had a quick scan through your posts so sorry if I am being inaccurate.

I thought you would be put onto ESA assessement rate if you were appealing however perhaps your case is different if they are denying you flat out? You said that you won't get jobseekers allowance as you are not fit enough however if they are denying you ESA then they think you are fit to work therefore I would think they HAVE to give you jobseekers.

What a farce this system is. I am in the middle of a battle with all of this myself and cannae believe the stupidity of it all. I wish we could give all our politicians IQ tests as I suspect most of them would not be mind fit to work/not fit for purpose!

Keep positive Mark and chase this all the way.

Carol

Thanks for your support Carola,the problem appears to be that if i apply for JSA that will mean(according to people at ESA) i am saying i'm fit for work and that my ESA will not be granted.
    All i can do is wait until my new assessment or i get a job!!
    but i have no money coming in at the moment.If i can get work soon i should be able to get the remainder of my return to work credit of £40 a week.I am waiting for a CRB to come back as i think i have found a suitable new job.Heres hoping!!!!!
    :roll:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you.

It makes my blood boil to see decent people have to go without money for even basic things when they are trying so hard to do the right thing. You seem damned if you do, damned if you don't when you have a disability.

I am amazed at those who seem to be able to live off the state without lifting a finger and perfectly able to work, without question or backlash. How is that possible?

I wish you all the luck I can muster Marc.

Ange..

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..