Options
cassie273
cassie273 Member Posts: 4
edited 20. Aug 2010, 12:15 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there

I'm new here so thought I would introduce myself. I'm 37 and was diagnosed with "pretty bad" osteoarthritis in my right knee about 2 years ago. It came as a big shock and I've spent quite a while getting my head round it. I've been reading some of the posts on the forums here over the past few days and it's been a relief to see posts from other people of a similar age to me. Although I've got a supportive partner, I'm still mostly surrounded by people who don't understand at all and it's nice not to feel quite so alone! I've had a virus over the past few days and it seems like whenever I'm ill, my knee hurts ten times worse than normal so I was feeling a bit down about it yesterday and reading the forums made me feel a lot better!

Anyway, that's me!

Cassie

Comments

• bambi59
    bambi59 Member Posts: 47
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    im new tooo
    and feeling same as u had aflare up lasting over a week in my spine. hands. feet. feeling rough although the pain is better i need to shake myself out of a rut!!
    looking on this site has helped a little as some times you feel so alone. yet thers all thse people in the same boat. good to chat get it off your mind. hope your feeling better soon :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello cassie, welcome to the gang. I'm sorry to hear you have been under the weather - it does make things hurt worse. There are many OA people on the forums so to find them have a look on LWA (living with arthritis) and chitchat. Not many people look in on here, so take the plunge and join in! Hope to see you around the other bits! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cassie273
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hello cassie, welcome to the gang. I'm sorry to hear you have been under the weather - it does make things hurt worse. There are many OA people on the forums so to find them have a look on LWA (living with arthritis) and chitchat. Not many people look in on here, so take the plunge and join in! Hope to see you around the other bits! Dreamdaisy

Hi Daisy

Thanks for your welcome - I will go and start posting on the other forums.

C
  • cassie273
    Options
    bambi59 wrote:
    im new tooo
    and feeling same as u had aflare up lasting over a week in my spine. hands. feet. feeling rough although the pain is better i need to shake myself out of a rut!!
    looking on this site has helped a little as some times you feel so alone. yet thers all thse people in the same boat. good to chat get it off your mind. hope your feeling better soon :)

Hi Bambi - yes, it's really good to know that I'm not as alone as I thought I was. Hope you're starting to feel a bit more positive now.

C