teenagers in the house!

2»

Comments

• lare73
    lare73 Member Posts: 154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thanks,

yeah got houseful, family coming round tonight, having chinese takeaway, fridge is bulging, got candles for the birthday cake, baby oliver is playing with the balloons,

going to watch clash of the titans dvd,

catch you all later xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hello Clare,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Tom. Sorry he has not been so well again, lets hope his special day has helped him.
    have a wonderful evening. Save some cake for us :lol::lol:

Lv, Ix
  • lare73
    and we're back!

been away and now back to the old routine, :shock:

hope everyone is having a good week, tom has to see the rhem dr next week as his hips, knee and big toe are bad, poor lad, wish i could take his pain. :(

think more injections are needed, there was talk of methatextrate being introuduced, anyone have any experience of this drug please????

take care
    clare x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Cliare, Ive been on mtx for my r/a for over 5 years now, it can make you feel sick but there are meds to stop that. If he goes on to it he will have to take folic acid too which helps with the side affects.
    It's taken in tablet form but if you have problems with tablets it can be given by injection. Will keep my fingers crossed for his rheumy visit.

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I reckon everyone here has tried meth/is on meth. You will find much info on it on the LWA forum, that's where the medical stuff is dealt with.

I'm glad you had a good break but I'm sorry that Tom is struggling at the moment. It's nice to have you back - you've been missed! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bambi59
    bambi59 Member Posts: 47
    i remember it well. enjoy it doesnt last long enough!!
    one day my son and all the boys of the neghbourhood were upstairs playing on the computer!! (think they had just been invented! many moons ago), and they all left their shoes at the boutom of the stairs to save my carpet!! and our dog WELLHARD
    chewed sevral pairs of nice new trainers up!! we learn by our mistakes :lol:
    this aside hope hes not feeling too bad today play can take the pain edge away when his mind is on other things :wink:
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Ahh! just saw your post cos of recent activity!...Love it!
    Got 2 grown up kids still at home , they bring all of their friends !.. I also work with Kids ......therfore always feel young at heart!etc. etc etc. ( I only look 16 on a good day) hectic but enjoyable!
    Sounds like he is getting great support...think thats how teenagers are these days in general!

Eldest moving out in 2 weeks ...he is 30 though! gunna miss him so much ...will visit each week at least!!!!!!!!!!! :(:)) CB
  • lare73
    hi everyone.
    thought i'd give you all a tom update - wish it was better news, :(
    the arthritis is now in his neck and back, he has been put on prednisolone, and going to physio, he goes back in 3 weeks to commence methatextrate and have steroid injection in his hips,knee,ankle and shoulder under a general anaesthetic.

please excuse my spelling errors but i am very upset, tom is quiet and low. he is to stay on his current meds also.
    this is a blow as we were just coming to terms with things and feel this is a major step back.
    he goes back to school next week so need to meet with teachers to explain his condition, have also been advised to claim DLA, which appears to be a mindfield! :shock:
    not sure what else to say except hope you and yours are all feeling better than we are, we appreciate some people are much worse off than us, but having a feel sorry for ourselves day, xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Hello Lare73
    Tom sounds like a very brave friend. How lovely that he has some friends round.
    It does seem like 3 steps forward, 4 back sometimes, even worse when it is with someone so young. As he gets older, he will learn to cope better. You must try and fight for whatever new drug there is that will help him. Methotrexate has been widely used for years and there are many other things also. I've been on MTX for 3 yrs now and do not like the side affects you sometimes get.
    Like today, I have had trouble with my eyes, another week it will be a sore mouth. I am lucky, I haven't lost much hair like some. I do the injection myself and it is so easy.
    You must feel like it is a minefield. I'm sure the Helpline Team will give you as much help as they can. I hope you have a very good consultant like me. Mine is wonderful. Do go for the DLA, you need every bit of help you can get and if possible get someone from CAB to help you.

Good luck with seeing his new teacher and school.

Joy
  • lare73
    hi just catching up with my threads been a busy few days with work.
    tom started steroids last tuesday and we cannot believe the improvement with toms mobility and pain.
    he has a huge appetite which is not a bad thing as hes lost over 2 stone recently, but think we should be careful with him.
    he does get very tired in the evening and a tad moody ( :shock: ).
    he says he's still a bit stiff in the morning but joints feel better than before.
    he has gone out with friends today, so quiet here, (until the baby wakes uo lol).
    so, next on the agenda is the mtx in a couple of weeks, so fingers crossed that goes ok.
    also i am considering becomming a volunteer to raise funds and awareness with arthritiscare, i spoke to a lovely lady on the phone last week so watch this space! take care all, clare xx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Hi Clare I'm so glad Tom is feeling better, enjoy the peace :D it doesn't last long does it. Hope he gets on well with the mtx.

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Hi Clare how lovely to meet you, hope your Tom is OK today and had a nice time for his birthday. (Happy birthday Tom) I noticed that you live in Leeds, I do too, what a coincidence. which school does your boy go to???? welcome to the forum love and hugs ((((()))) Brenda xxx
  • lare73
    hi brenda,
    thank you for your kind message.

tom goes to st mary's at menston.

we live in rawdon, whereabouts are you???

x
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    I live at Moortown, so not too far away. Has Tom stated his methotrexate yet? I started mine about two months ago. It certainly has its advantages and one or two side effects, but it has definitely helped the levels of pain.

I was only diagnosed with RA on 1st July and I also have OA.

Hope Tom is OK and you are all coping well.

Please let me know if I can be of help to you, love and hugs (((()))), Brenda xx