hells kitchen!

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 29. Aug 2010, 07:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
flippin hell there I was hung over from yesterday's sorrow/flare drowning season and still feeling bloody miserable when I thought!, "I know I'll get all those ripe tomatoes and some of me greenhouse chilli's and a few herbs and make a nice warm pasta sauce.
Well the first ickle lickle chilli I tried is a tad, well limp in the heat department, so i tired another one and hey presto the flippin same. So on to my other bush of long green Mexican chilli's, same again!, so I cut it in half cut one up and in it went, the other I slit and dee seeded and cut that bugger up and that went in to, then like an **** I thought?, Hmmmm I wonder if the juice on the blade is hot, so carfully I smeared some on my finger and licked it, big bloody mistake, it's so far taken 30 minutes and my temples still ache.
The thing is I have two really big healthy bushes of them and a further two big Dorset Naga plants full of chilli's, it's going to be hot winter round here that's for sure.
Oh one last thing I may well be getting a share in a bee hive in our village, hmmm chilli honey do you think it would work!!?? :wink:

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am envious. Who wants weak, limp, boring chilli's.

I sympathise with you over your reaction to the chilli's. I burnt my lips with a boiling hot spoon and pulled all the skin off 2 days ago. I am still having trouble drinking and eating. I am having to dab with mouth ulcer liquid and that stings.

Chilli honey sounds very interesting seeing as chilli chocolate goes well. You could start a new trend Mellman.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Mell

I love chillis, but you do have to be careful when you cook with them. There's some good recipes for chilli sauces on this link.

http://www.chillisauce.com/

If you get a lot of chillis all ripe at the same time, you could make sauces and bottle them. They keep for about three months.

The honey sounds good too, but I haven't heard of chilli honey. Maybe you have invented something new. It sounds like something Heston Blumenthal might be interested in. :D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Len

Don't scratch your bun, or take a pee until you have washed ok?

Too late!!!!, no really alls well, oh Joan what I will do is freeze them then cut them when their still frozen, mind you those Dorset Naga are absolutely mental and can even burn your fingers when handling the buggers!.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    My uncle makes pickles and sometimes he pickles chillies. As for as a burning member have you tried dipping it in yoghurt :?: I have been told it helps.

Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Don't do what we did once and think These chiilies are a bit small Let's put two in this sauce :oops:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    How's the headache/ brain shock Mellman? I am still suffering with pain every time I eat or drink anything hot!

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein