what car

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 29. Aug 2010, 09:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
hello everyone

what sort of car would you have if you owned one? and why ?

you have to take into consideration that you want it to be fill all your requirements, eg boots space insurance etc you know the kind of practical things you have to think about.

look forward to your views

my present car is a Renault mondus
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    only49 wrote:
    my present car is a Renault mondus
    Erm, should that be a Renault Modus?

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    rolls royce as can not drive so will have to wait till will lottery to get one with good looking driver it got to be white with pale grey fake fur seats
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi

An S Max by Ford because it has a lot or room it i comfy and it has 7 seats so I can take my wheelchair and everything else I need and it is high up so I can see where we are going.

Trish xxx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    I am having a nissan quashqai next month which also gets my wheelchair in and me, and my shopping bags, hubby and daughter.

Looking forward to it!

Janie
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I had my ideal car and it was stolen and burnt out.
    RS 500 Ford Sierra Cosworth.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    I have a toyota yaris (old style) which I love to bits, and is surprisingly flexible for a tiny car. It gets a buggy and all the child related bumf in the back, is robust enough to go on a building site (work) and light and easy to manoeuvre with my rubbish joints, has a good driving position. Oh and is relatively cheap to run too.
    But my ideal car is a ferrari 360 spyder in Red, but ideally I would also not have RA and be a multimillionaire......back in the real world the Yaris will do for now.
    Chrissie
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    i tell you why i asked the question as we thinking of getting another car and we like the one we got, it can go from our house on the ferry 130 miles on £15 worth petrol, it has a boot you can make a bit bigger or smaller, when the boots made bigger i can get my scooter in, on our recent holiday we had 2 cases a bathlift and other stuff in the boot plus stuff on seat next to D and my mattress topper as well as things for D and got down and back ok, the seats are comfortable on a long journey for me anyway as we did have a ford fiesta and the seats where not as comfortable.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • pixie01
    pixie01 Member Posts: 52
    janie68 wrote:
    I am having a nissan quashqai next month which also gets my wheelchair in and me, and my shopping bags, hubby and daughter.

Looking forward to it!

Janie

I'd like one of these as well.

Or a Volvo Drive C30 with stop/start, as you don't pay for tax as the co2 is low :D

Jo x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    I cannot drive so i have not got a car.
    but i have a mobility scoota that take me where i want to go.
    and i would be lost with out it.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi

My car is a Rav 4. the first model mreg . My OH has now takem the back seats out and put me a hoist in it. I used to have a lift on the back of it so that i had 4 seats but as my daughter has her own car and i am no longer needed for running her and friends around what was the point of 4 seats, It is perfect for me. Automatic and my OH moved the accelarator pedal to make it left foot drive when i had leg amputated.

my OH has a diesel Toyota Avensis . That has a masive boot and gets my wheelchair and scooter plus hol clothes in with no trouble. (holdalls not cases)
    Oh! its a 04 plate the new avensis i am not sure about

Hope you find your ideal car. we love ours.
    Juliepf xx