cold??

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 31. Aug 2010, 05:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
right yesterday got up hands feet swollen not bad but noticable felt like had cold coming other joints aching. got worse as day went on slept on and off during day and most of the night.
today feel awfull joints hurt can not sit stand walk ect still feel full of cold is it arther is it cold i just know feel awfull so uncomphy should not moan but had so many plans for this weekend but not been able to do anything :(:(:(:(:(:(:( .
it could be the after affects of all the stress from the last few weeks what do you all think???
val

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Val I'm so sorry you feel so awful! I am sure that stress has a bad effect on the arthur - and also makes you more likely to go down with anything that's going around. And the frustration of not being able to do the things you planned just makes everything feel worse don't you think?

Sounds as if you are doing the only thing you can at the moment - which is to rest as much as you can until things settle down again.

Thinking of you Val - and sending lots of "get well soon" vibes.

Love Tilly x
  • valval
    thanks tilly it very frustrating but body will not let me can hardly walk around the house want to scream and shout so frustrated but got to be right for next week said would work all day wed thur and friday lol good job got loads of pain meds in
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 29. Aug 2010, 14:12
    Awww Val I am so sorry, I have noticed that sods law takes over when I have plans, and my joints go worse, I sometimes blame my self for expecting it.
    Like you say all the worry has not done you any good, you try and rest, Ihope it improves and you have a good weekend.
    sending Loads of hugs (((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    I know how frustrating it can be Val. When I get that frustrated my wonderful hubby always reminds me that, being frustrated just wastes energy and makes me feel even worse! It sounds as if you don't have any option but to rest for now Val, frustrating though it is for you. I think that mental rest is important too, so maybe, if you can, have a good scream and shout to get it out of your system, and then tell yourself that you are going to accept the situation for what it is and do everything you can to rest up for the next couple of days. I know it's easier said that done and I'm the world's worst at relaxing but I don't know what else to suggest.

Hopefully the pain meds will give you a bit of relief - and may make you sleepy so you might get some rest that way?

Chin-up chuck!

Tilly x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Oh, Val.......how annoying to have arther disrupting all the plans you made. Trouble is, he won't let us answer him back!

I'm sure it's happened to all of us at some time, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier for you. I hope you can do a scream and shout and have a hissy fit, or break a few old cups or something (very satisfying).

Hope it all passes off before you need to work that overtime later in the week. Do keep on with the pain meds even if you begin to feel better before then.

Love
    Annie
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Val hope you are feeling better soon, sending you a ((((hug))))

Jules xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    hi Val, I've had it too. There is a very nasty virus around which I caught. Was totally fed up last week but the gals here have kept my spirits up! Hope you feel better soon.
    xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Val
    I woke up this morning very soire and achey and gradually as the day has gone on i've got worse...sitting with a box of tissues and the waste paper basket beside me and I had plans for tomorrow as well., O :(:( hhhhhhhhhhhhh :( :x its so annoying.....I dont think there is anything we can do but rest, take painkillers etc

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Val
    I woke up this morning very soire and achey and gradually as the day has gone on i've got worse...sitting with a box of tissues and the waste paper basket beside me and I had plans for tomorrow as well., O :(:( hhhhhhhhhhhhh :( :x its so annoying.....I dont think there is anything we can do but rest, take painkillers etc

Love
    Hileena

i do hope tomorrow is better for you good luck val
    val
  • hileena111
    And you Val

Love
    Hileena
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    HI Val and Hileena

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow..

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Val and Hileena, you poor things, hope you both feel better soon.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Val and Hileena,
    There is a cold doing the rounds, plus a 24 hour sickness bug.
    So wrap up warm and although it's a pain rest up as much as you can.

Sorry,

Lv, Ix
  • valval
    do not want the sickness bug even if could do with loosing weight lol
    val
  • hileena111
    Thanks for your posts......see how I feel after a reasonably early night tonight and some painkillers.
    I lonly take paracetamol.......but I think I will take a full dose of ibroprufin tomorrow if I go out.....keep on top of it
    Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    it taken three days but feel nearly normal :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D thankgoodness :D:D:D
    val
  • pixie01
    pixie01 Member Posts: 52
    valval wrote:
    it taken three days but feel nearly normal :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D thankgoodness :D:D:D

Glad you are feeling better valval :D
  • valval
    thanks do not know what it was but so glad it loosening its grip have good day val
    val
  • hileena111
    Hi Glad you are feeling better.....I went out for the day.....and I'm sore but apart from that feel much better as well. I'll suffer tomorrow LOL butas long as its arthur i know how to cope lol

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi Glad you are feeling better.....I went out for the day.....and I'm sore but apart from that feel much better as well. I'll suffer tomorrow LOL butas long as its arthur i know how to cope lol

Love
    Hileena

so glad you managed to get out and had good time rest tomorrow if need be val
    val
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Good to read you're feeling better Val. :D:D

remember not to overdo it now and undo the improvements you feel:!:

Iris xxx
  • valval
    was good yesterday only pottered even though the wall paper kept shouting at me peel me strip me lol have great day every one val
    val
  • hileena111
    Ohhhhh!!!!!! I hurt {7.44am} Had an awful night...was yesterday worth it i ask myslef??

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    hileena111 wrote:
    Ohhhhh!!!!!! I hurt {7.44am} Had an awful night...was yesterday worth it i ask myslef??

Love
    Hileena

yes can not give in to arther. hugs to see you through hope soon settles down val
    val
  • hileena111
    Thanks Val....hope you are still feeling OK

Hileena