Hello, I'm back

nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 31. Aug 2010, 06:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone, I'm back from my daughter's, I had a lovely time seeing her new house as she just moved, it's just a shame she now lives an hour and a half away from me instead of 25 minutes, so i won't get to seee her so often. I was feeling relaxed and refreshed until this morning when my husband started having a go at me about money.I really don't need that at the moment as my arthur is still bad, my hands are so swollen I can't do much, but I have managed to draft a letter for the consultant which I'll get my friend to type for me I really don't want to be here at the moment I just want to get away and be on my own for a while, but the thought of sorting it all out so I can is just too much, I need a magic wand. I apologise for feeling so sorry for myself as I know a lot of you are worse off, but it's not nice when someone bursts your bubble.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i am sure he did not realise how bad he made you feel if he did then he needs a foot up his u know what. i can understand you needing space and peace arther is enough to cope with hope things get better for you soon you will also be missing your daughter give things time they might improve good luck val
    val
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi nanasue - don't think we've "spoken" before.

I'm so glad you had a lovely time at your daughter's - and so sorry that your feelings of relaxation didn't last. It must be very hard when those close to you don't really seem to understand what you are going through, and how difficult things are for you at the moment. But well done for managing, despite everything, to draft the consultant letter - it's a positive step in the right direction, and, hopefully, a step towards feeling better.

Please don't apologise for feeling sorry for yourself nanasue. We've all been there - unwell and struggling to cope and, if you can't share on here, there where can you? We are always here to listen and to support each other as best we can. Can you cheer yourself up by planning your next trip to your daughter's? That would give you something to look forward to which I always find makes a big difference to how I feel.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi nanasue
    I am so glad you had a good time at your daughters, I have learned that when my OH is in this sought of a mood, I now talk to him, to see what sparked it off, explain how much worse it makes you feel when he has a go at you.
    Don't apologize for the rant, it dose you good to get it off your chest, I hope things improve for you very soon.
    Love and loads of hugs ((((((((()))))))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Can't add anything to the above, they've all said it all! Just wanted to leave some (((((((((())))))))) and a hope that things will be better for you soon.

Annie
    xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Yes.....thats all i can do leave you hugs {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

Love
    Hileena
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Thanks for all your lovely messages, I was too upset to answer last night, but I'm feeling stronger today. I am planning a trip to my daughter's on 11th Sept: as my grandaughter will be 2 on the 8th so it will be a joint birthday/housewarming open house which should be fun, I might even stay a few days. My letter has been typed, printed and is ready for posting so fingers crossed it will get results. Still no let up with the arther so I'mtrying to grit my teeth and get on with it.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi nanasue

Glad you had a lovely time at your daughters and I too am sorry you had your bubble burst.

Lovely that you are going again in a couple of weeks for a house warming and most special of all a birthday for your granddaughter.

love juliepf xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hiya

NanaSue :(

I do feel cross for you that your lovely trip got spoiled. I hope you can sort things out and that the planned trip in septemeber will be the start of happier times for you.

lOve

and HUGS

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi

Hoping you are better today?

and you too Cham?

some men eh? :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hope you are both feeling good today....more upbeat

Love
    Hileena
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

Glad to hear you had a lovely time at your daughter's house. I think you need to find yourself a solicitor to sort things out with your OH. Don't be bullied into doing anything you are not comfortable with including moving out of the marital home.

I would check up on him! I once caught my ex out by planting a couple of voice recorders around the home. He was seeing another woman. According to him he was 'busy with work' it turned out his work travels were not work related at all. The best piece of advice I would give you is NEVER let him know that you are on to him because he will find a way of turning it around to suit himself. I also hired a private detective for a day.

From what you've said it is you that needs the support not him.
    This way you've got someone on your side who is fighting your battles. I'm sure your OH will do everything in his power to stop you from seeing a solicitor. Make an appointment but don't tell him about it.

Take care.
    Sharmaine