Wonderful Wedding

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. Aug 2010, 17:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I went to a big wedding on Saturday, it was my Goddaughter's and she married a Danish man called Lars. Hes very nice and if I were 20 years (or so) younger.... :lol: They both looked so both look fantastic and her dress and vail just wonderful! :):cry::D I confess to a few tears! :shock:

Anyway we stayed at a lovely hotel for 2 nights, so that mad it less tireing, alothough it went on till midnight, we left at 9pm. I'd had enough and was so tired.

The arthritits was mainly OK although not helped by falling in the bath (not too badly, just knocked my bad elbow, and walking after dinner in my new show, which caused blisters on both bunions!!!! Cured by 3 pieces of plaster on each blister, the pain was minimal!!! :lol: The dancing went on to 12 but no way could I have managed that, I'd have been asleep in a corner somewhere. I've been tired and achey these last 2 days, and I'm typing this half asleep!!! :oops: But it was worth every bit of pain and ache, I'll rest and get over it in a day or two. The beautiful memories are stronger than the pain. Arther didn't ruin it this time! I won!!!!!
Love Sue

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Sue!

that is just so great to read. :D

well done to you for coping with the new shoes and the blisters :lol: and not letting either of them or arther stop you having such a good time. :wink:

The wedding sounded so lovely.....worth paying for with a few days tiredness and sore feet eh?

Love n bone soothing (((hugs)))

Iris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi woodbon

I am so glad that you enjoyed your goddaughters wedding and that arthur behaved quite reasonably.

What mascara did you use , we are having a big wedding for our daughter in april and I keep trying different mascaras to see if they flake and stay on. I have seen her in her wedding dress in the shop and i had a lump then. When i see her and her dad walking down the aisle i know i will need a handky.

What proud god parents you will have been and i hope you took some outstanding photos.

love juliepf x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Sue

Glad you enjoyed your Goddaughter's wedding....despite the blisters!

I always cry and weddings!

Regards
    Sharmaine

woodbon wrote:
    Hello, I went to a big wedding on Saturday, it was my Goddaughter's and she married a Danish man called Lars. Hes very nice and if I were 20 years (or so) younger.... :lol: They both looked so both look fantastic and her dress and vail just wonderful! :):cry::D I confess to a few tears! :shock:

Anyway we stayed at a lovely hotel for 2 nights, so that mad it less tireing, alothough it went on till midnight, we left at 9pm. I'd had enough and was so tired.

The arthritits was mainly OK although not helped by falling in the bath (not too badly, just knocked my bad elbow, and walking after dinner in my new show, which caused blisters on both bunions!!!! Cured by 3 pieces of plaster on each blister, the pain was minimal!!! :lol: The dancing went on to 12 but no way could I have managed that, I'd have been asleep in a corner somewhere. I've been tired and achey these last 2 days, and I'm typing this half asleep!!! :oops: But it was worth every bit of pain and ache, I'll rest and get over it in a day or two. The beautiful memories are stronger than the pain. Arther didn't ruin it this time! I won!!!!!
    Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Sue

So glad you ahd such a special time at your Godaughter's weddding :)

Also very glad arthur did not stop play :wink:

The hotel stays were a really good idea - and probably made it possible - very wise.

How's the blisters? :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    So pleased you had a good time and were able to pace yourself.xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    sounds great so glad it went so well val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Sue,
    Sooo happy that you enjoyed the big day. Will they be staying in England?
    Well done holding out wearing the shoes! Us girls dont like to give in do we?
    You will have all the photo's to enjoy so the aches will be worth it.

Good idea staying over at the hotel.

Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Sue

So glad to see you had a good time and didn't let arther spoil things for you. Am sure she looked a perfect picture, and lovely that you could share their special day. :D Hope you soon recover from the adventures.
    take care
    Chris
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hi Sue

Glad to hear that you had such a fab time.

On Saturday I was at one of my best friend's wedding. She married a lovely dude who is Indian and it took place in her Parent's garden - so intimate and personal I couldn't stop crying. We had fab southern indian food and then Ceilidh and haggis neeps and tatties at night. I ate absolutely everything as I have only been eating fish and vegetables for weeks.

Like you I am sore and swollen but would gladly do it all again.

Sometimes you just have to stick your tongue out to Arthur! :lol:
    Hope you are getting some rest now.
    Carol x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Carol your wedding sounds lovely too! Even my husband admitted to feeling emotional!!! They are going to live in Denmark! His family seem such nice people, I'm sure they will look after her, besides she has travelled a lot, spending a few months in different countries doing aid work. Both in her gap year and a few months out of her studies after she had taken her first degree. For 29 she is a very grown up and sensible young lady.

My feet are not too bad, but I havn't walked far today! I went to bed for an hour or so's sleep this afternoon and I think I'll be off to bed soon. My body clock is all up the wall!
    Thank you all for the lovely messages, it was really quite a big day for me as we have no children and I looked after her for 4 years and have been a friend of her Mum since we were in our teens!
    Love Sue
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hi Sue

It sounds she is in good hands so all good!

You sound very proud of her and rightly so - she sounds like a young woman with a mighty heart.

Hope you get a good sleep tonight :lol:

Carol