still waiting

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 31. Aug 2010, 09:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

a few months ago i contacted a company about coming to messure for a stairlift, and i been emailing them and i know they are in forres near aberdeen but at the moment i cant seem to get an answer or a date of when they will next be up on the orkney islands.

i just emailed them again as the last email said they will let me know today, well i wont let it rest as i found if you dont keep harrazing some people you dont get any where, anyway this time i said i need to get it fitted as soon as they can as i having to find other ways of going up the stairs, ie, on all fours a cross between crawling and standing, you know what i mean, anyway this way i go go quite fast as long as i watch what i do and stand up when i get to the top, coming down is easier as i got 2 rails one side and the other on the other side, the things you got to do.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi only
    This thing makes me so angry, I dont know what gone wrong with this country, but getting jobs done on time is a thing of the past, how annoying that they cant even answer your email, if it were me I would send loads of emails till they answered :roll:
    Hope you hear something very soon, let us know how you get on.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi only
    This thing makes me so angry, I dont know what gone wrong with this country, but getting jobs done on time is a thing of the past, how annoying that they cant even answer your email, if it were me I would send loads of emails till they answered :roll:
    Hope you hear something very soon, let us know how you get on.
    Barbara xx

Me too i hate this kind of thing it makes me so mad :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x I dont ask for much all i want is a striaght answer its not as if there is many places thet come to where i live, it makes you so mad when people muck me about, that is one thing that gets me mad more than anything other than bossy people and i cant stand that and also people you cant trust, dont it just make you sooo cross
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    So are they thinking that it is not worth travelling to Orkney?

If you haven't done so already, try calling and/or writing to the actual owner of the company advising you are disappointed with their lack of communication and interest and also say something along the lines of that due to your arthritis you are obviously always in touch with and referring to fellow sufferers companies, gadgets etc that you are highly satisfied with and again are surprised that the company through their lack of service is potentially losing out on future referrals and business.

How frustrating for you. I take it there are not many companies that cover your geographical area?

Good luck.
    Carol
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Only,
    Yes I remember you saying you had applied for the stair lift.
    Gosh that is deffinately not on. You really need to have it sorted, Arthur is having a field day at your expence :(

Lets hope they return your message tomorrow with at least a starting date.

Love the discription though :wink: Needs must I suppose.
    Take care,

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Any news??

I think you just need a date dont you? even if it IS a few weeks ago. It's being mucked about that is so frustrating :x

Am i right that you paid yourself for it? If so you could sart threatening to go elsewhere?????

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Oh i am soo mad :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x just phoned the company and what was told is 1) they had already been up and they had not thought to tell me, :x :x :x :x :x i told the lady on the phone when are you going to phone me back then as i wont be in later, and if they dont i phone them again and again and again, after all my avatar is a terrier and they dont give in when they get the bit between there teeth. :):):):):)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh No!!

Sylvia

they haven't answered you yet?

Dont set the terrier on them if you can help it :shock:

Think of your own stress levels first.

Hope you got good news later

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, Thats really bad, supposing you couldn't manage, I wonder what they would do, or if you had an accident? Sometimes these things make me want to SCREAM!!! :shock:

Do you have a doctor or a occupational therapist or even physio, who could speak or write to them on your behalf? Just a though.

Hope you get things sorted soon, all the worry must be making you feel bad. Love Sue
  • only49
    yippe :):):) got it sorted now they are coming on the 15th september and they fit it in the afternoon so D will not be around on that day as he be at school and not back till later that day so at last things are starting to get sorted. and i didnt have to set the terrier on them either :):)