Good Luck Cebeem!

dorcas
dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
edited 2. Sep 2010, 14:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good luck for tomorrow's Orthopaedic appointment CB. :D

Hope your surgeon discusses the procedure and all the options with you, including the recovery/ rehabilitation time-scale. I know how important that is to you and will have my fingers crossed you're given all positive news and can go ahead with your much needed op. :wink:

let us know how you get on please :?: don't miss out any detail (we love detail..eh...I love detail :lol: )

(((hugs)))

Iris x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi CB

I too wish yo luck for tomorrow (thanks Iris for letting me know).

I hope all goes well for you and yes - we DO love detail :roll:

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    good luck will be sending positive vibes to you val
    val
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Best of luck from me and the forum team too.

Jean
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Thanks so much everyone........just as I was sinking into a hole....you have all pulled me out....!

s0238.gif

Iris you are a little angel

g35001.gif

Details to follow!!!
    *CB*
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Thankyou Iris
    Good Luck CB, we can come in your pocket if you like...trouble is some of us (not me) are a bit mischievous :roll: you take your list of questions , and let us know all about it when you get back.
    Love and hugs ((((((())))))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Cebeem

Just calling in to add my best wishes and hope all goes well tomorrow. Hope they give you plenty of time to talk it all through. Let us know how it goes.
    Good luck, take care. ((( )))
    Chris
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Just wanted to add my best wishes too.

Really hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Lv,Ix
  • cebeem
    My pockets are big and deep!
    hop in!

Thank you!
    *CB*
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Good wishes for tomorrow - I'm often found in a pocket, too. It's my companions who cause the problems!

Annie
    xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    annie_mial wrote:
    Good wishes for tomorrow - I'm often found in a pocket, too. It's my companions who cause the problems!

Annie
    xx

who me as if got my shower cap just incase any one got egg sandwiches anie lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    I can fit in!

Not the one with the egg butties though...... :shock:

Love

Toni xx

PS anyone know what time the battle comences?
  • dorcas
    Thinking about you CB!

forgot to ask what time's your appointment. :roll:

but everyone's ready to roll...so just give us a shout and we'll jump in your pockets.
    As it gets a bit 'wiffy' in them pockets there's a bag for peeps with sensitive noses. :lol::lol:
    e020.gif

good luck CB :wink:

Iris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Good luck CB

thinking of you

Juliepf x
  • cebeem
    edited 31. Aug 2010, 13:26
  • cebeem
    Thank you so much for your wishes!
    Saw 3 consultants Ortho, Rheumy and Plastic surgeon, xrays meds checked(but pain killers will be changed next week).

Then back in to see plastic surgeon again....she is the one who will operate on my hands. She was happy with the right wrist and left hand..extensor ligaments were intact so we agreed a date!!!
    Which will be the week of the February 14th t4518.gif So I have plenty of time to get fit and healthy....get the blood pressure sorted etc.

She will replace all of the large finger knuckles at the back of my hand and recovery is expected to be 12weeks.....then hopefully no pain!

My only hiccup is when I get to the pre op tests and my blood pressure and heart rate go through the roof....so any advice and tips on this would be very welcome.

Thank you again my good friends *CB*
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    So glad you had a positive outcome, CB! Lovely to get some good news. Can't really help with the BP issues, mine zooms upwards every time I even see a doctor.............

Right, so it's all systems go for a new, fitter you.......you can only give it your best shot!

Annie
    xx
  • cebeem
    annie_mial wrote:
    So glad you had a positive outcome, CB! Lovely to get some good news. Can't really help with the BP issues, mine zooms upwards every time I even see a doctor.............

Right, so it's all systems go for a new, fitter you.......you can only give it your best shot!

Annie
    xx

Thanx Annie
    Yes mine is official white coat syndrome ! Will have to get de sensitised before February!
    *CB*
  • dorcas
    Great to read your news CB. :D

The hospital are very thorough.... having three consultants... sounds as though they are co-ordinating each aspect of your care very carefully, which is reassuring. :wink:

It is amazing what the surgeons can do! What do they call this op?

It will be lovely for you to be pain free at the end of the recovery period (or hopefully even before that!)
    Feb gives you plenty of time to prepare but I haven't a clue what you can do about lowering BP.
    I have the opposite, normally low blood pressure which always dips and causes a bit of angst post op!

There'll be other peeps who have HBP and hopefully will have some tips on how to keep it down. :wink:

pleased it all went so well today CB and that the tendons are in 'good order'.

Iris xx

ps... we'll have to nickname you Valentina :!: :lol::lol:
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi CB,

Well that sounds like a day well spent. Great news, light at the end of the tunnel for you :wink:
    I'm another one with white coat syndrome. I don't think you will get away with it for the hospital op but I take my own for a week before appointments so they can see that my BP is ok.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Any news yet, cebeem? I Hope you are OK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cebeem
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Any news yet, cebeem? I Hope you are OK. DD

Was yesterday DD!!
    Fine ...got some idea of when the op will be......waiting for splints from physio...which they seem to think I should have had many moons ago!

We have missed you here DD!....hope all has been sorted for you now!

*CB*
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Ah, thought I'd read the thread from start to finish: :oops: I do apologise. I am now paying attention! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    Wonderful news CB :D

Hoorah!! All is well and you have the go ahead :)

I am so pleased for you - you can relax now as there is no rush - enjoy Christmas and everything :)

Just get your valentines cards (of which there will be many no doubt) written early :D

Love

Toni xx
  • cebeem
    Toni Thank you!!! I always enjoy Christmas ...September here now so we are on countdown now ....only 114 days to go!
    Got prepared thinking my op maybe before Christmas so card address labels are ready for printing and messages ready to go inside them!

:D *CB*
  • dorcas
    Hi CB :D

as you were the first on the forum to mention that dreaded word Christmas.... and you have already printed off all your cards, envelopes etc.... and you now find that you have time on your hands....that the very least you can do is offer to do mine!!! :lol::lol:

Iris xxxx