walking boots

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 31. Aug 2010, 07:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

has anyone else tried walking boots called trex, i got a pair and they very lightweight, they feel lighter on my feet than trainers i had before and they seem to support my ankles as well.

I got wide feet so i always had a problem with shoes everyone seems to have standard feet i am a one off i think, got to look after your feet.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• rachelj
    rachelj Member Posts: 121
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I haven't tried Trex. I had to buy some new boots recently as my Asolo's had started to fall apart after 8 years of being used and abused, and now my feet are swollen they were too small. This time they put me in a pair of Meindel's as they are nice and wide so room for swollen toes. I just hope they aren't to big if/when my feet ever go back to normal.

I would also recommend the superfeet insoles, they aren't cheap, but out lasted my last pair of boots and give that extra bit of support and force you to walk properly. Takes the strain off the ankles and knees :D

Hope you enjoy breaking in the new boots, looks like we have a few days of decent weather!

Rach
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Sylv

Hope you dont mind me asking - how much?

Rach I googled the insoles and the look lovely - can I ask what is the difference between the different colours?

Oddly am thinking of my kids, walking all day at secodary school, as well as me :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • rachelj
    rachelj Member Posts: 121
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Sylv

Rach I googled the insoles and the look lovely - can I ask what is the difference between the different colours?

Oddly am thinking of my kids, walking all day at secodary school, as well as me :wink:

Love

Toni xx

Hi Toni, I have no shame is saying how much money I flitter away lol. Mine cost about £25, I managed to do a deal when I bought my last pair of boots, still ouch I know. Most outdoor type shops tend to stock the the blue and green, the difference in colours indicate the arch support, so blue, generally for men, are low to medium, and I have the green, medium to high. They also do ones with special padding under the balls of your foot, think they are orange and pink, mainly for running trainers. If you are thinking of your kids feet I believe they do "office wear" ones which may be more suitable for school shoes, they aren't the full length and imagine they would work better in shoes that have any fashion type shoe going on, pointy toes etc. I would also assume they are that bit cheaper!

Its a whole confusing world out there when it comes to insoles, but having warn boots with proper arch supports, I can't imagine going back!

Rach
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Sylv

Love

Toni xx
    hi toni got them from L***s i had them for a bit i not sure i think they were £10 or 15 cant quite remember,
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi

I have a pair - useful when we're foraging for wild mushrooms in the forest! My days of walking long distances are over. I tend to walk and rest; walk and rest. Everyone has learned to be patient with me. Have you tried MBTs yet? They are great for walking on flat surfaces ie shops/town centres etc.

Sharmaine

only49 wrote:
    hello

has anyone else tried walking boots called trex, i got a pair and they very lightweight, they feel lighter on my feet than trainers i had before and they seem to support my ankles as well.

I got wide feet so i always had a problem with shoes everyone seems to have standard feet i am a one off i think, got to look after your feet.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Thanks Rach and thanks Sylvia.

Prices are not too drastic. The kids' shoes are fashionable yes two of them will wear the narrow ones with nothing to hold them on your foot. You know the kind but the other is taking advantage of the chance to wear black trainers - to be honest I am as worried about her feet!!!

MBTs look really interetsing and i nearly tried some on once in a shop which had a display.

Love

Toni xx