In hospital

shiningstar
shiningstar Member Posts: 40
edited 17. Sep 2010, 07:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
Just wanted to let you all know am in hospital... Admitted sat night after gp had diagnosed kidney infection on Friday. Well to cut a long story short admitted via visit from duty dr on sat night where they said had not got kidney infection but wanted to do ultrasound to see what was happening. Because it's a bank holiday have had to wait until today for scan which was all clear but won't release mr because bloods are all over the place crp is 130 White blood cell count low alt high and loads of others up or down. Also have a measles type rash all over my body . Am on sulfa and wondered if this might be a reaction although I'm not sure because although crp is very high joints are absolutely fine. Thank god they have allowed my iPhone in here so I can get on net. Any advice/experience welcome.
Love SS

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh SS you poor thing
    Thank goodness you got the duty doctor, I really hope you feel better very soon, then you can come home to your own bed.
    At least you will get some rest (well a little bit)knowing what hospitals are like
    Loads of hugs (((((((((())))))))
    and love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi can not help sorry but thinking of you sending positive thoughts your way good luck hope you get help soon val
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Hi SS, can't really help either, but what a horrendous thing to happen and over a Bank Holiday, too.

Hope all will be solved when normal service is resumed after the holiday weekend.

Annie
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi SS

Sorry to hear yournews! Typical everything stops in hospital on w/ends & bank hols. Wishing you well SS & you go home very soon

Janie
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Thinking of you SS
    Keep shining!

g2713.gif

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    *CB*
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Hi ShiningStar

Heck, sounds you are having a right old time of it.

I don't have experience of same meds as you however I am a firm believer that you don't get anything for nothing therefore since you said your joints have been behaving I reckon it would be a good bet that your meds are 'having a laugh' with somewhere else on your body.

Sounds like you are in good hands though therefore keep remembering that so you keep a positive strong mind - they'll find out what is going on and adjust accordingly.

Thinking of you and hope you find some answers very soon.
    Carol
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi SS

how awful for you..... but you have been suffering with this and probably need it investigating. :roll: :wink:

Great you have your iphone and could 'sneak a message out' to the forum.... think we might have to organise a break out for you if they keep you too long :D

seriously though, rest and let the docs get to the bottom of what's been causing all those symptoms. CRP of 120 sounds pretty high to me so there's something goin on even if you can't feel it!

take care SS.... we'll all be thinking about you. :wink:

sending you some get well soon (((hugs)))

Iris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    HI Shining star

sorry to hear that you have had a bank holiday to remember for all the wrong reasons.

take care and get as much rest as you can - it will help your body to heal.

hope they get to the bottom of everything for you soon.

thinking of you

WONky
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi SS
    What a thing to happen on a bank holiday....its always a bank hol or a weekend isnt it but you are in the right place.
    Glad you sneaked a message out to us....great to hear you and know whats going on
    Thinking about you and sending you {{{{}}}}}}
    Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi s/s

just wishing you a speedy recovery

love juliepf XX
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    I can't offer anything useful I'm afraid other than sending you my best healing vibes and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thinking of you.
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hello SS

Sorry to hear about your weekend!! Hope they can sort you out very soon..

Best wishes

Marion
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Shiningstar

You poor thing!!

I am so sorry you are so poorly. I hope they are looking after you in there and you get some answers and a 'release date' soon.

If you need us to help you escape (virtually) we will :wink:

Love

and hugs

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Oh Shiningstar nothing happens in hospitals weekends and bank holidays - what a nightmare time to be admitted!! But at least they are monitoring you and your scan was clear and your joints are good. Let's hope they get to the bottom of the rash and let you escape soon. Are you feeling better?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi SS, from one hospital patient to another, hope things are soon diagnosed and sorted, and that you are soon home love jaspercatxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Sorry to hear that things went down hill for you. Glad you got the Dr out as you really were not so good at all.

This has been coming on for a while, so I hope they get to the bottom of soon for you.

Fingers crossed that you escape real soon. :lol:

Thinking of you,

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    You still trapped SS??

Still thinking of yo.

Love

Toni xx
  • marion1952
    How are you doing SS?

Hope things are resolving for you..

Marion x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi SS, I am so sorry to hear this. I've been away thanks to careless workmen. I sincerely hope you are on the mend now and that they have got to the bottom of it all. What a palaver, poor you. I shall sneak a bottle of something lovely into your bedside cabinet whilsdt no-one is looking: there, :wink: all done, special medicine for when you feel a little better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning SS, I hope you had some sleep last night and that things are as OK as they can be with you so far today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Hi Shining Star

I am really sorry to hear that you have been admitted to hospital. I hope they get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms and you feel better really soon.

Take care and hope you can escape soon!!!

Fayann xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Morning SS

Just popping in with a bowl of fruit for you and to ask how are you today.
    Thinking of you
    juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    Shining Star

You are surely not still being held???!!!

You need rescuing yet?

LOve

Toni xx
  • marion1952
    Hi SS

Just a quick message to say hope you are getting sorted out ..

Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi SS.....not able to smuggle out any more messages LOL

Love
    Hileena