Where's my face gone??

carola
carola Member Posts: 786
edited 1. Sep 2010, 06:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
I don't know whether to burst out laughing when I look in the mirror or throw a plate across the room!!
The tip of my nose has been feeling mighty hot for 2 days and I have a lump just inside it like I get all over my body. My nose is now bright red and roasting hot.
I look ridiculous :shock:
On and off over recent years my nose has misbehaved like this (generally when I am run down) and I know I have been over doing things this weekend attending a wedding and then the next day a birthday party.
Believe it or not though, I am looking upon this as GOOD NEWS as I am seeing my Rheumy on Wednesday and hoping my nose stays up like a balloon and that my joints keep swollen as whenever I see the Rheumy I feel almost human and could run a marathon.
I should be careful for what I wish for, I know! :lol:
Don't know why I am posting this message, I suspect it is that by typing about it I keep positive and see the silver lining (although 'cos of the size of my beak and colour, the silver lining has a nice rose tint to it!
Hope you all have a decent sleep tonight my friends,
Carol x :lol:

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Carol
    I hope your nose does stay like that until after wednesday anyway LOL I always find that my doc/orthopaedic appointments are first thing in the morning {9am} and I feel great {well for me anyway} but give me another few hours and moving about and I feel awful ....but is that the time the doc sees me????????? ...No.....so heres hoping
    Love
    Hileena
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Carol,

Hope your nose behaved at the wedding but on the other hand if it was in it's beacon like state you could show the photos to your Rheumy as proof.

Pity it's not near Christmas eh?t07098.gif

Good luck for Wednesday.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hope the min you back from hospital it goes away and joints settle glad i am not the only one who feels better when at hospital always feel he going to say nothing wrong with you some exercise wont cure lol . good luck hope all goes well so glad you enjoyed the weekend val
    val
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    I hope it goes well for you.

It's like most things, when you have these appointments, you suddenly don't feel as bad, must be adrenalin or something!

I do the same every time I think about having my hair cut. I used to get to the day of the appointment, and my hair would do exactly as I wanted, so then didn't want it cut!

Fingers crossed everything goes well for you :)

Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Carola

It IS a good job you have a sense of humour!!! :roll:

Homestly!

I do hope it is there for rheumy apt too - Have you taken a photo incase?

Then I hope it goes down - weeeeeeeeee.... on the way home :D

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi carola

hope the app goes well

hows the nose today, I too hope it goes down straight after the app.

love juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Thats a point LOL take a pic incase it does go down

Lo ve
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Carola did your nose do this after the wedding and birthday? So have your normal nose in the photos - well that has to be a silver lining?!

I do know what you mean about wanting to be at your worse for your appointment. I used to see a consultant miles away in Bristol and I always seemed to be fit, pain free and mobile when I had to visit him .. he kept putting off my op as a result and finally when he did see me at my worst it was too late .... I have waffled on and this is nothing to do with a rheumy but an ortho ... sorry ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • carola
    Haha :lol: Thank you for your messages.

Good tip about taking a photo - yes, I've taken pics and cannae wait to see the Rheumy rolling her eyes when I bring them out as I always show pics of my lumps and bumps!

I love the picture posted of Rudolph - I should take that one along too as it is so accurate!

As I am typing I can actually see my nose :shock:

Today it looks like a whisky drinker's nose :P

Hope you all have a good day today - the sun is shining here in Edinburgh.
    Carol
  • frogmorton
    Hi carol

Bet 'seeing' your nose when typing is distracting!

Poor you :(

Glad you have photographic evidence :wink:

You been drinking whiskey??

:shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Carol

How strange (x files music plays in background).....I have angioedema which brings out lumps n bumps in legs and arms and have had swollen lips but never nose!!!
    Does that mean if you tell lies now everyone can see cos youre doing your Pinocchio???

Hope it goes away, good job youve taken pics as evidence...Sun is shining here in Lake District too...

Elainex
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I know what you mean about feeling better the day of your appointment, it happens to me, then the next day the pain is back and the swelling comes up. I hope your nose returns to normal as soon as you've seen the rheummy! :) Love Sue
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I looked at the title and thought 'I dunno.........but wherever it is my body has gone with it!

Annie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Oh you poor thing. I wonder if it was the sudden change to diet that triggered it.
    Note to self steer clear of the wedding cake :D

Come to think of it some of the spices used to trigger my joints off. Never did pin point which one it was that caused it.

Lv, Ix
  • frogmorton
    annie_mial wrote:
    I looked at the title and thought 'I dunno.........but wherever it is my body has gone with it!

Annie

Nice one Annie :lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Morning marilyn, how's the glamour girl of the forums today? Bottle blonde, lipsticked to perfection, tottering around in her stilettos and with a shiny red conk. Luvly. What an odd occurrence: I have never heard of anything like this before: have you introduced a rash of new foods to the diet tahnks to the various celebrations? Could it be connected to something you ate, having been on strict rations? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • carola
    All your replies are making me laugh!

Great to see you back DreamDaisy.

Yep, the nose is now matching my red lipstick and nails :lol:

There was lots of indian food at the wedding which makes my nose run and also I was greeting all day as I tend to do at weddings therefore blowing my trumpet alot. Maybe that has just irritated my conk as I have had this on and off for a few years now normally when I feel a cold coming or run down.
    Thankfully my hooter was looking radiant and massive when I went to see my Rheumy this morning and she said she didn't think is was related to Arthritis, Lupus or meds.

I think I will let my body get back to 'normal' with regards to eating my uberhealthy stuff and then try an indian takeaway in a few weeks and see if my hooter starts beeping and swelling again.
    My boyfriend 'tried' to make me feel better about my hgiagantic swollen nose by saying, "Its not that different really as you have quite a big nose anyway." ..... MEN!!!!!!
    Carol