this world is stranger than space

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 31. Aug 2010, 03:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now am I the only one here to question what the hell is going on today?, all our strengths seem now to have flipped positions with our weaknesses and likewise anything positive now seems to be negative,
let me clarify.
If you work all your life never take what's not yours, do the right thing by not being a burden on the state, pay your taxes purchase your own house raise decent kids etc, so when your old and tired you need to go into care, ironically your kids and extended family would have looked after you many years ago but they are all desperately trying to do the decent thing but wages are so poor these days they all need to be out working to keep a roof above their heads so there is no one at home to care for the old any more.
So in steps the state, but wait a minute!, they then make you sell your home and pay for your care, the very care you have paid for in all those taxes through your life but never mind eh!, the kids wont see the inheritance but that's progress for you!, and don't they need to independently any way?.
So there you site in the beach view home or gods waiting room and you, at a cost to you of say £1000 a month, you then look over to your right and there is an worn out tattooed alcoholic who who has spawned 10 kids has never worked a day in their lives has a criminal record so they can't work because no one want's to employ the bum, but wait a minute?, the difference here is the state has clothed feed and supported them from the very first day they went to a young offenders institute, and here's the best bit the council house they live in will by default automatically go to one of the fast breeders parasitic kids once they peg it!, while you have to flog yours just so some east European can wipe your bum and spoon feed you soup that's cold, result or what!.
And for god sake don't get really ill as you get treated like you have just farted in front of the queen yourself every time you mention the fact your quite unwell, nope you be expected to crawl on your elbows until they are raw to get any attention, and that's normally in the form of some so called professional telling you it's not that bad anyway so soldier on there's a good sport!.
Nope if you want attention and help stick a needle in your arm anh doors will open faster than you can crawl through them!.
And if you don't like the country you live in just turn up at any of our major airports and say your gay and openly kissed a man in the street now you in danger for doing so and it's a free entry pass for you and yours!.
But if say your a decent chap like one of the Gurkha's and have returned home to the country you were seriously wounded defending in one of dear old Tony's little illegal wars you get told no chance mate and get deported for daring to seek free medical assistance!, but the best bit is the guy behind you who has one eye and one arm who hates the very name of England gets a free ticket in as he is in danger of being tortured in his own country, and all because the silly person made the mistake of preaching sedition and championing the use of violence against those in power there.
I't a funny old world but the oddest thing I have heard is that Toni Blair thinks he's a peace maker and that the US are going to give him a peace medal this week!, at that rate dear old adolf Hitler should be a saint by now for spreading Germanic peace all across Europe all those years ago, hey it's a crazy old world isn't it!.
Right spleen vented!!.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    b0201.gif

I love that, Del!!

That was quite a rant, Mell :!: :!: It's a topsy-turvy world, that's for sure.

So which planet shall we escape to, and can I come too :?: :?: :lol:

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    Oh that's right take the P out of this old moaning git why don't you, I don't know there you lot are shopping at IKEA and having a good time watching pap factor, as always it's left to me to whitter on about impending doom and the like, ha!, you'll all agree with me sooner than you think I can tell you, just wait till the yanks bomb Iran then well see who's laughing!!, HA HA HA wibble??????!! :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    So which planet shall we escape to :?: :?: You still haven't said :D:D
  • mellman01
    Oh I don't know Joan how about deep under the ice sheets of Europa seems as good a place as any, mind you we will need a sub and some sort of life support and I can't promise that we won't get attacked by some demented aquatic alien squid, god only knows what dwell's beneath the ice there, it will be fun to find out I think, and we could always name the first thing we see after dear old rehab!.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh it IS good to see that some things never change.... :D

Thanks Mell

I missed that :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    Well you know I aim to confuse and entertain!.
  • joanlawson
    mellman01 wrote:
    Oh I don't know Joan how about deep under the ice sheets of Europa seems as good a place as any, mind you we will need a sub and some sort of life support and I can't promise that we won't get attacked by some demented aquatic alien squid, god only knows what dwell's beneath the ice there, it will be fun to find out I think, and we could always name the first thing we see after dear old rehab!.

It sounds a bit cold to me :shock: Better bring my hot water bottle :!:

I bet Rehab felt like a demented aquatic alien squid on Sunday morning after his night on the tiles :!: :lol::lol:
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Love it!

How about Atlantis....

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • mellman01
    angie1973 wrote:
    Love it!

How about Atlantis....

oh they found that it was in the sea near Greece, killed off by a massive volcano took a whole civilisation out with it when it went pop nope nature has the biggest bangs was watching a program on sky last night about binary pulsars and colliding Galaxies now ours/were going to get hit but one in around 2 billion years so don't make any holiday plans!.