Julie 47 and bursa

frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
edited 31. Aug 2010, 07:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi julie

went off just after you had your op and am very interested in how it went.

I know the issues are not the same, but I have a hip bursa issue that I have had for ages and am aware that surgery is an option.

how are you doing? Has the pain gone?

Love and thanks

Toni xx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    just bumping this back to top
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi toni and valval

The bursa op went well thankyou. I hope so anyway.

I had a little hole in my stump for nearly two years that would not heal . The bursa was found with the mri scan, .

The op was quite facinating as i was awake and the surgeon told me what he was doing. He first cut around the little hole and took away the dead skin inside. He then kept squeezing as if to take all the fluid away. The next thing made me jump as he took away part of my bone too. (I asked if he was cutting my toe nails)
    He said he has roughed it up inside to make the healing process easier.

I am using Manuka honey to help with healing process. I went for my follow up app last week and the nurse was quite pleased. I go back in a month and hope that the skin is intact.

There is n guarantee that it wont come back, I just have to alter my lifestyle yet again.

Love juliepf xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Sorry forgot to say

my bone is sore when i touch it . But i am ok and looking forward to prosthetic app next tuesday.

juliepf xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh thanks Julie for that.

Youw ere awake then? Sounded really a calm procedure :shock:

So they took it out then? That'll be the skin type stuff and they drained the fluid from the bursa too? Sounds like it....

I reckon you've done good there girl :) I hope all goers well and you soon get new leg sorted too.

Thanks Julie

Love

Toni xx

PS Val thanks for bumping it up :)