Going going gone

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 2. Sep 2010, 13:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
What is it with this country now they are going to sell off the port of Dover to the flippin French, isn't anything bloody sacred these days!.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know Mell

It looked pretty 'english' to me the other day :roll:

You cant sell a place can you? surely it belongs to....well....Dover?!

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    edited 31. Aug 2010, 10:33
    Hey why not go the whole bloody hog and flog of Churchill's grave to flippin McDonald's or Disney while their at it, ye gods what is it with this country post second world war it's been down hill all the way!.
    We aren't allowed to show were English other than sporting a naff plastic St George cross on it once a year and getting pissed, anything else is classed as "racist" yet we English be they white brown black or yellow have to bend over backwards for all the new incomers yet darn't mention the fact that they don't seem to what to be British at all, but just allowed to set up closed communities resplendent with all the trappings of home plus all the benefits of state financial and medical support.
    A bit like some Brits in Spain!, anyway lets get back on track, the Thais own our steel the German's our car and the French our utilities, soon they will own and operate the new generation of nuclear power stations, all we can do in this field is take everyone's high level waste in process it at Selefield and then throw the effluent into the Irish see so it then pollutes the beaches and kills our kids with cancers, but hey that's progress for you!.
    could you imagine the Germans and French allowing others to own their nuclear industry?, not on your Nelly, and we don't even own Lands end either some yank does!, right and lastly back to nukes for one last time, Trident, yes dear old rent a rocket, what a great independent nuclear deterrent!?, Ha that's were your blody well wrong, it's totally owned by the US and all the firing codes are also owned and held by them so we can't even take part in WW3 without the US saying so nothing new there then!. Oh and the yanks also run Aldermaston so we don't even make our own warheads these days, not that it makes much difference really unless you like committing mass suicide, it's a bit like having a gun with two barrels, one facing forward and the other backwards so when you fire one the other shoots you in the head, really quite pointless. deep breath and relax!.
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hey why not go the whole bloody hog and flog of Churchill's grave to flippin McDonald's or Disney while their at it, ye gods what is it with this country post second world war.
    We aren't allowed to show were English other than sporting a naff plastic St George cross on it once a year and getting pissed, anything else is classed as "racist" yet we English be they white brown black or yellow have to bend over backwards for all the new incomers yet darn't mention the fact that they don't seem to what to be British at all, but just allowed to set up closed communities resplendent with all the trappings of home plus all the benefits of state financial and medical support.
    A bit like some Brits in Spain!, anyway lets get back on track, the Thais own our steel the German's our car and the French our utilities, soon they will own and operate the new generation of nuclear power stations, all we can do in this field is take everyone's high level waste in process it at Selefield and then throw the effluent into the Irish see so it then pollutes the beaches and kills our kids with cancers, but hey that's progress for you!.
    could you imagine the Germans and French allowing others to own their nuclear industry?, not on your Nelly, and we don't even own Lands end either some yank does!, right and lastly back to nukes for one last time, Trident, yes dear old rent a rocket, what a great independent nuclear deterrent!?, Ha that's were your blody well wrong, it's totally owned by the US and all the firing codes are also owned and held by them so we can't even take part in WW3 without the US saying so nothing new there then!. Oh and the yanks also run Aldermaston so we don't even make our own warheads these days, not that it makes much difference really unless you like committing mass suicide, it's a bit like having a gun with two barrels, one facing forward and the other backwards so when you fire one the other shoots you in the head, really pointless.

:shock: What else can one say?

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • mellman01
    how about GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!, or even wibble!. :lol:
  • angie1973
    babycham wrote:
    Up the revolution.........Cant march at the moment would if I could but seriously what on earth can any of us do all this has been insidiously creeping up over years and years other than the vote what power have we got to instigate change sadly we are at the point of no return at the moment I refuse to watch the news its all to soul destroying every aspect of our lifes has been turned on its axis I think we owe a lot to Mell as he stops us all getting complacent and makes us think a little deeperxxB/C :(:( OH GRRRRRRRRR.grrrrrr as well

You know, I am the same. I just stop watching the news now, it's all doom and gloom and war and fighting and losing identities. Something gone very wrong with the world, and I'm not sure what will fix it.

I remember the days when you could watch the local news and you would get that good heart felt story at the end. Fred rescues cat from tree kind of thing, but it was always a nice story, one that made you go 'ahhhhh' as if restoring faith in human nature.

Sigh, maybe one day eh?

Wibble.............. ;)

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • mellman01
    Hi BC it's revolution time so I think we need to have a march/limp up to London to make our feelings felt, so I'm nominating you to lead the charge!, no seriously it's really pointless as all they would do is set the feds on us with pepper spray and bloody big sticks, and don't run onto the tube or you might get shot in the face 8 times for moving like a terrorist!.
    Nope my hat goes of to the French at least they cause a bit of chaos when the get the wind in their sails they block the tunnel and ports to England (why is it always us!?) and burn our sheep!, all we seem to do is write stiff letters to the Telegraph or the daily mail. Nope there's no chance of anything slightly nasty happening here unless you can class certain foreign types going bang at rush hour from time to time?. At least they are willing to stand up for what the believe in however misguided it is it's just bad that they actually seem to be able to make bombs that work very well.
    Why just for once don't they stop picking on the common people and target THOSE who have created all the problems in the first place ie those in power, and just leave us poor buggers alone.
    Oh hang on they are surrounded in layers of highly trained armed police and travel in armour plated cars that are nuclear and biological bomb proof that's probably why!.
  • angie1973
    AHh, you have just made me laugh for the first time today. Well done you.

You speak such truth as well!

Viva La Revolution!!

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Mell

Dover is a place in our history books, our history.

Every year until they stopped it we used to goto the Royal Tournament at Earl's Court. They would remember all the soldiers that died during the wars.

At the end when all the soldiers, RAF, and the Sailors used to march in with the Gurksas as well Vera Lynn's White Cliffs of Dover used to be sung by someone famous.

How can we sell our historic places off? ~Would other countries do that? No.

Trish xxx
  • trisher
    Mell

I'm ggggggrrrring and wibbling tooo

Now can you explain, if we are in France on our way back to ENGLAND ooppp sorry for shouting but felt the need to we show our passports then when we get to Le Doveir now are we still in France??? Or England and our Dover???? :shock:

Sorry I'm confused

Trish xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi if the french buy it does that meen we will get them striking this side of the sea instead of just over there just what we need
    val
  • mellman01
    valval wrote:
    hi if the french buy it does that meen we will get them striking this side of the sea instead of just over there just what we need

Not sure but one thing you can count on is the number of illegal immigrants getting in will shoot up. But whatever happens none of any of us will see any benefit from it, we never do.
    And mark my words here, another thing you will see soon is the selling off of some of the motorways to private companies who will toll them. It's got to happen as they will cost to much to repair them now, not sure what will happen to all the small tracks sorry roads that are rapidly falling apart?, any ideas!?.
  • trisher
    Val

I expect they would do both greater inpact:shock: :idea:

Trish xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    had not thought of that they will only want the roads that will make loads of money .what did people expect when they voted the way they did. now they can live with it, but shame is we all will have to as well wonder what is around the corner
    val
  • trisher
    We will have to deal with that when it comes I suppose

Trish xx
  • mellman01
    one of the big problems is we as a nation don't purchase our own kit as we should, most people don't give two hoots where it comes from so long as it's cheap, that's what governments rely on total apathy, the French and the Germans are the other way round that's why they have a car industry and a far better industrial base, we have nothing really left now, well except the roads and the hospitals and they will go in time, bet you the house of commons or the lords wont get sold off though oh no plenty of tax payers money to keep that old junket still in state hands, god do I sound bitter and cynical!.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Mell, where do you get your energy from? I've barely enough to get me through the day, let alone enough left over to rant!

Are you sure you haven't still got a line in from Harwell or somewhere? If you have, can you pass some of it on to me...........

Love
    Annie
  • mellman01
    Hi Annie nope it's just that me brain doesn't every turn off, when i use to do shifts I've been known to hold deep discussions on all sorts of things and always in the dead of night, even when I'm sleeping me ed's always chewing over stuff it sort of does me in a bit, it can be days or weeks then a argument or solution to a problem just appears, I wish i could shut it down sometimes just for a bit of peace and quiet.
  • angie1973
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Annie nope it's just that me brain doesn't every turn off, when i use to do shifts I've been known to hold deep discussions on all sorts of things and always in the dead of night, even when I'm sleeping me ed's always chewing over stuff it sort of does me in a bit, it can be days or weeks then a argument or solution to a problem just appears, I wish i could shut it down sometimes just for a bit of peace and quiet.

My brain is the same, always thinking, and I think I do that as a distraction from the pain and it gives me something to do when I can't sleep.

You are right though, slowly but surely, all that is great about this country will start fading fast. We simply do not have the resources, money or man power to keep going at the rate we are. We are simply becoming over populated and have no real skill base to put people into jobs either. The health service, education, social services, will all suffer for it if something is not done to put tighter controls over things.

We had a booming industry at one time and have sold it off to the lowest bidder in another place so nothing gets directly manufactured here now which is a shame, as we were darn good at it too.

The government allowed it to happen where other countries governments have shut the doors. Unfortunately, it will be the nice people like you and I that will end up taking the hit for the downfalls that will occur if things are allowed to continue.

Shame.................

• mellman01
    And just when you thought it was safe to read the paper or watch the news, yep the old religious con man and self centre'd delusionist and general all round conman Tony "I'm a nice guy so love me" Blair has got a book out, I didn't know he went in for fiction writing.
    As I write this the BBC news reader is calling it a historical document, now come on that's a bit strong it sounds like it's a book about how he's such a nice guy and he did nothing wrong ever and in fact it's all Browns fault. Now I am no fan of Brown but at least he has the decency to keep his head down, Blair keeps coming back like a dose of the squits, it's not at all pleasant when he does, and he leaves a bad smell of s%$t behind him, best he buggers off to the middle east and do your "peace maker" thing, with any luck Hamas will pop a cap in his soulless ****%e.
    Oh and one last thing, dear old Toni says he started to drink quite a bit during the end of his leadership due to all the stress, Toni it's not stress you were feeling mate it's guilt I think you'l find.
  • mellman01
    Toni Blair what a slime, just heard an extract from his book being read out on radio 4, total bo*&%s with a big dollop of denial, ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH me spleen has exploded!.
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi all,

We have taken this off to have a quick look, and are now able to return it minus one word.

Jean123
  • mellman01
    jean123 wrote:
    Hi all,

We have taken this off to have a quick look, and are now able to return it minus one word.

Jean123

What word is that then?, if you don't tell us then we wont know not to use it again now then will we!?. :?
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Hi mellman,

There is nothing wrong with the word "swarthy", its just how you say it :D

Jeanxxx
  • mellman01
    jean123 wrote:
    Hi mellman,

There is nothing wrong with the word "swarthy", its just how you say it :D

Jeanxxx

Is it!?, lets see, Hmmmm swarthy?, swarthy!, ssswartthy Grrrrrr!!, YOU SWARTHY LITTLE MAN!, yes officer it was a swarthy gipsy type who had all the church roof lead he was driving a white transit van with two dags sitting up front!, he was tanned and rippled with swarthy masculinity that exuded an primordial animal sexuality (aka William Haig!).

Yeah i see your point Jean! :oops: