Tired Too Soon

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 31. Aug 2010, 13:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks

Ive been into town this morning as its mums birthday in 11 days time, still cant think of anything to get her....I have walked about 400metres in total and im zapped....I got to Asda to get some stuff and my knee felt like its two separate pieces clumping together...I wanted to collapse in middle of toilet roll aisle....Have just tried to iron 4 pillowcases, 2 tops and pair of trousers and have had to sit down.
I shouldnt be getting this tired should I?I know im carrying extra weight too but its a vicious circle, cant exercise too much so dont lose it.....Also waking up every morning tired and sleep very well, too well in fact.....Im only 41 for goodness sake....

Elaine xx :-(

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elaine

You sound absolutely exhausted!! I hope you are resting now? Can you get your Mum something online? There is still time?

That sounded really dreadful the knee thing while shopping. You feel so embarrassed too don't you? and like they are all looking at you and you will make a fool of yourself :(

You take care now

Love

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi, I'm sorry you sould in a lot of pain. Lots of the shops that are household names have very good web sites. I get loads the things I need including clothes onlin and they are easy to change if not right.
    Hope you feel better soon, love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Elaine.

Being in pain is very tiring because your body is trying to combat it as well as do the 'normal' things you're asking of it.

Do a bit and rest a bit, repeat and then this will help you manage your pain more successfully. Don't expect too much of yourself, your body needs rest too.

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Hi
    I shouldnt be getting this tired should I?I know im carrying extra weight too but its a vicious circle, cant exercise too much so dont lose it.....Also waking up every morning tired and sleep very well, too well in fact.....Im only 41 for goodness sake....

Elaine xx :-(

hi welcome guess what that where i was last year now on meds that suit life so much better not right but can go out for the day so long as remember to rest often can manage most things do over do it but the exhaustion the worse part for me so it great to know it can be helped it could be you are not sleeping very well with the pain go see you doc and explain the quality of life not great val
    val
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Toni

Had to go back out for petrol but mainly rested up this afternoon....Ive tried online been on ebay, m & s and cant get any ideas at all....
    I look silly cos i yelp out in pain and folk look at me cos they wonder why im making a noise...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Babycham

Maybe you have a point cos one thing good to come out of the ATOS medical was she told me id lost about an inch of muscle tone on my bad leg which i didnt realise had happened.....That and the joint is as weak as a newborn lambs!!
    My weight must be an issue but like i said its vicious circle and in todays society i see people who are probably my weight but I look at them and see them as big, I dont see me as that.....
    Ive been trying online ideas, running out....Its an important birthday too....
    Have a good evening...

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    babycham wrote:
    Elaine surely not the extra weight at all I am sure its when muscle tone has gone the extra stress on those joints just is not good sorry my legs feel like I am carrying weights on them today and it just makes you so tired and I am thinner now than i have ever been that stress stuff over job could be making things worse as well hope you mannage something nice for your Mum as Toni said shopping on line is a god send really nice cup of tea choose at lesuire hope you feel better soonxxxLB/Cham
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Legs

I know it is my body trying to make up for all the bad bits....I feel my hip is taking all the stress with me walking the way i do but cant do anything about it....
    I have done my chores today in fits n starts....Makes me wonder how i would cope with full time work....can only try seeing as ive applied....

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Val

Well I do sleep well, too well getting to be a right lazeebones.....I do tire so quickly and find walking really painful and an effort, not something i used to enjoy going for light walks.....
    Im on co-prox.....Which is mild, cant take 8 a day as they recommend as wouldnt be alive if i did...
    I think my doctor thinks i dramtise my situation but how would she feel if her legs did half of what they could in a year?

Elainexx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Elaine, until you get your new knee you need to take steps (no pun intended!) to make life more manageable - ie as Toni says look online for gifts, do heavy shops online too, sitting down to iron is not how you are used to doing it - but it still gets the job done. Budget your energy and knee tolerance. Not long to your appointment now.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.