Where's Cris (Skezier)

marion1952
marion1952 Member Posts: 963
edited 16. Sep 2010, 05:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks

I'v not been on the Forum much the last few days, so might have missed something, but where's Cris?? Has anyone heard from her?

Marion

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Marion, last I heard, she was having problems with her internet connection again ...

Hope that is all it is.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Marion, Hi speedy,

Cris's dongle isn't working properly again. She has very poor broadband reception because of the geology? of where she lives, but it's been worse than usual recently..... and very frustrating!

Cris herself is OK...I'll tell her that you're asking about her :wink:

Iris x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Marion and Speedy

Yes Cris is having trouble with her mobile connection again sadly. :cry: I know she misses posting and is hoping to get it sorted soon. Just had a text to say she seems to be having major reception problems but has reported it. Normally DD would keep us up to date but she has lost her connection at the moment too!!. We are missing them both and hope they are back soon.

Think Toni and Iris are in touch with both more often so they may add to this tomorrow if we still haven't heard any more news.

Hope you both doing ok?
    take care.
    Chris
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Sorry Iris,

Didn't see you sneak in there and have almost repeated you I think. Do hope they both back soon. Hope your day has been an ok one? Had some nice sunshine here. :D
    take care
    Chris
  • dorcas
    Hi Chris :D

good to see you! we had sunshine all day too. :wink:

you're post about Cris was much fuller than mine.... so I'm now jealous of your writing ability. :lol::wink:

keep well,

Iris xxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Hi all, if any of you are in touch with Cris, please send her my best wishes, some hugs and a large bar of cdm. Please tell her how much we are missing her and hope she is back soon, Thanks, love and hugs Brenda (((((()))))) xxxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    We will send Cris your Love Brenda.

She is fine - missing us of course - but fine. She hATES that dongle and is considering getting a new one. Thing is the area is so (how to describe it) flat,, exposed? She had the same problem last year but for even longer if any of you remember. It is trying to connect - then giving up.

She will be very touched that you all care.

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    edited 1. Sep 2010, 09:06
    Ok

Cris still not online signal is duff - she has contacted 3 and tried agin today. Unfortunately no-one else has cover at all in her area :(

She is very touched that you started the thread Marion - thanks Hugs and slurps to you and your girls (now yOu KNOW that is a genuine message :wink: ).

Brenda She says Hi to you and to all of you who cared enough to post :D

Promise you she IS still trying.

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Poor chris

hope she is reonnected soon

Thinking of you chris :)

love juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    Sounds painful doesn't it Julie :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've sent her a text but no reply as yet. She has been having problems with her dongle - it just ain't dongling! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hi Cris and everyone.
    Cris we miss you come back as soon as you can. we are thinking about you take care and thank you all for saying where Cris is.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    hi - tell Cris i am missing her and if she rings up and complains about her dongle she should get a new one!!! My daughter had the same problem and complained so they sent her a new one!!

hope everyone else is doing ok?? How are you doing DD?

Louse xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Not bad, psyart, thank you. I like your new name by the way - I'm sure you ain't one of them! I'm not sleeping well at the mo, but hell, who is? I am very cold, but as soon as I move or start doing something I'm drenched in sweat - I thought it was a hangover from the hot flushes but I now realise it's the prednisalone. Bless. Gives with one hand, takes with the other. How's you, kiddo? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Marion,

I am so touched that you asked. Its this dongle and its iffy reception here cus the signal has to cross either a chalk pit or a Tor :lol::lol: They are amazed I get as much as I do get cus they have intermittent coverage here..... the others have none! I don't half miss coming on her and do worry about you all. Sending ((( ))), a coupe of smakos and love Cris xx

Hi Spedy,;;Hows

it gong flower? Hope you and S have had a chance to get out in this weather... it’s much better isn’t it? it? ((( ))) xx

Hi Iris, DD, Chris and Toni,

I don’t ‘know what I would do without you lot keeping me company when the reception fails. You are worth your weight in gold..... now there is possibility :lol::lol::lol: Where do I take you... never would cus then you wouldn’t' be there..... think the enforced withdrawal has got to me eh? :oops: :lol::lol:

Hey iris I got the dress off Hope :wink: She sends baaaasas and one of her custard creams but I am sending saffron and cream :lol: When are we doing the diet I wonders?! :lol::lol: xxx

Hi Louise,

They have tell me the dongle is working but the reception has to come from either B or from St A and the pits one side and the Tor the other so its not always too good... they have never offered me a new one :lol::lol::lol: Maybe tis the wrong provider eh?! :lol::lol:

Hope your doing ok and that yellow thing in the sky.... oh flower how much did we need that! (((( )))) and have you managed to get an earlier appointment? Cris xxx

Oh I had visits from Jan today and she is lovely!! She was lucky actually a Bracken and his mum came back just before they arrived... but.... she want my little Primmy so shall mount a night patrol :lol: Primmy is the sweetest but naughtiest spoilt brat foal.... I might have recreated a monster :lol::lol::lol:

Hugs to you all and yep I is toning down the Lw forum again..... Will hope to get back on later but I do miss you all and I do think about you all so much as well. xx Oh the new dose of mtx isn’t helping the bones but the crohn’s is clobbered down again.... got the drip soon and might ask if I can go up to 20......

Jule and Brenda, ((((( ))))) to you both and hope your okish? xx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Hi there Cris

Glad to see you back.. we have really missed you.

Also glad that the increased Mtx has done the trick on the Crohn's - that's one less thing to worry about for the time being!

Marion xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Cris
    Its good to have you back with us, glad you have met Jan, how good that must have been.
    bet little primmy is not so little now.
    Take care loads of hugs and love (((((()))))
    Barbaraxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi chris

nice to see you again

It is a shame you have so much trouble with the dongle .

hope it is ok now

Hugs (((((())))) juliepfx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Oh, Cris, so glad that you are back and that the MTX is at least helping the Crohn's. Do you have the drip next week or the week after?

Whatever, I'm sure we will all be there with you, I am already stocking up on the necessities.

Jan has been so lucky with the weather, it's been glorious here again today and looks set to last till the weekend, so she's done it just right!

Love to you and all the 'family' - how is my Rowan doing? Is he back yet? I've lost the plot with so much just lately.

Annie
  • skezier
    Hi Marion,

I will try and get back after evening duties.... I get so frustrated with the dam thing! Hope work is going ok and the extra hours are not messing with you too much? ((( ))) xx

Hi Julie and Barbara,

Its amazing I plugged i in and it connected... i so hope it will later! It was magic to meet Jan and her kids have done a good job to Haz... he is a bit tired! They need to come again :lol::lol::lol:

Oh sh isn't so little.... her eyes are now level with my shoulder and she will be bigger than her sister I think. She is starting to chuck up now as well but still the est out there! :wink: ((( ))) to you both and a bit of flamingo corn xx

Hi Annie,

He came back a while ago and is a really nice foal as well! He is so sweet but still has that surprised look! :lol::lol: He loves his bum being scratched...so does Primmy, when I did that I forgot they get big :lol::lol:

The mtx is making me a bit wished but its good to feel confident the crohns is back in its box. I still have a lot of fluid n my arms and wrists and wonder if 20 might be better?

Hope your ok and the drip is on the 20th.... is that week after next or 3 weeks? ((( ))) xx
  • dorcas
    Hello good buddy :D

great that your dongle is still dingling and you're back where you belong...and needed... on this much loved forum. :wink::lol:

you were sorely missed!

glad the Mtx is batting down the crohn's and maybe 20 might also kick arthur into touch. :?: that would be so good Cris.... when've you to speak to rheummy about it?

good news too about the drip on the 20th..two weeks Monday! don't forget. :roll:

thanks for the provisions elsewhere and I've left you some delice marble cake and hot chocolate :wink: are we ever going to start on that diet. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

iris xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris, Great to have you back on line :D Really missed you.
    Great news about having the Crohn's back under control.
    Hope the leg is a little better. Syd can still come to dinner anytime. :wink:
    Glad you enjoyed the visit from Jan bet you had a good natter.
    Will be with you on the 20th.

Are you still managing not to sleep in the dreaded armchair?

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    Hi Iris,

Its incredible to have t connect :D It hasn't disconnect either.... I must go do the sheeps so hope it will reconnect when I get back. Hey this diet thing...... I use the starvation thing now a days but just keep forgetting that's what i am meant to do :lol::lol::lol: I must though cus they will weigh me and I want to be a good 10 lbs lighter :lol: Incentive eh!

Got you a yogurt some more saffron and Jan's bikkies... I pleaded with her to take the chocolate ones with her but she didn' and somehow I m seem to have eaten them :lol::lol::lol:

Hope's dress will be ready and Poor Wonky has Stampy in her ballerina dress in her pocket....... you have the best deal how ever badly she behaves :lol::lol: ((((( ))))) and thanks for keeping me company.... oh and the drip..... Iris I hate it but as ever I really need it but just so tired of them stabbing me over and over again for 5 days to get the line in..... xxx
  • skezier
    Hi I,

Missed you there :oops:

He s behaving quite well at the mo..... The wound isn't fully healed (I just don't heal too well) but it will as soon as the drip is started.... You know its odd but with in an hour the feet are a better colour and the wounds start going red instead of blue..... I really do hate it though I mean really hate it :lol::lol: 6 hr a day for 5 days and it makes you feel unwell to put it bluntly Butt I can never pretend I don't need it eh?!

Hope your doing ok? Hey you fancy coming to put the sheeps to bed? (((( )))) xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    skezier wrote:
    Hi I,

Missed you there :oops:

He s behaving quite well at the mo..... The wound isn't fully healed (I just don't heal too well) but it will as soon as the drip is started.... You know its odd but with in an hour the feet are a better colour and the wounds start going red instead of blue..... I really do hate it though I mean really hate it :lol::lol: 6 hr a day for 5 days and it makes you feel unwell to put it bluntly Butt I can never pretend I don't need it eh?!

Hope your doing ok? Hey you fancy coming to put the sheeps to bed? (((( )))) xx

No Probs, GIRLS BED!!! NOW.
    There you go no trouble :D (Well it works for the cat!)