how to do things different

only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 1. Sep 2010, 12:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello

how do you all do things around the home different, for example dusting, making the beds, washing and all the other things you have to do.

what can you do sitting down?

i had a busy day today here been busy and i feeling tired, took D to dentist and been out and about thankfully tomorrow will be quiter, how you do it all and work i never know, i find that hard
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Only 49.
    i just do things then sit down to rest my aching legs for a while then i'm up and doing again
    i take the dog for a walk i'm on my mobility scoota
    i go to the fields meet my friend who rides on my scoota while i walk for a bout 10 mins then home that takes an hour.
    i think you have to enjoy what you do.
    it does not matter if you have to sit down to do things. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hiya

Joan is so right

Do abit and rest a bit and somedays you can do way less - so DO way less. Your health is worth far more as is time with your son.

You are doing really well from where I stand - you work very hard.

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hiya

Joan is so right

Do abit and rest a bit and somedays you can do way less - so DO way less. Your health is worth far more as is time with your son.

You are doing really well from where I stand - you work very hard.

Love

Toni xx
    thanks joan and toni i guess to sum up what you say is do only what yor able to and no more and be good to your self most of all.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Yep Girl....

You got it :D

Love

Toni xx
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    I have cut back on alot of housework but it is easy as it is only hubby and I.
    The only things that get ironed these days are hubby's work clothes and dusting is a thing of the past! Hubby hoovers for me which is a great help and I do things like the kitchen/bathroom bit by bit rather than blitzing the whole house.
    When it comes to cooking - lots of vegies get cooked in their skin, or often I just chop them up and throw them in the oven to roast en masse. If things get very rough I end up buying things from the store that is ready to go into the pot or oven and if things are really, really rough hubby goes to the store for me.
    Hope you can find some ways of cutting back on the things that don't matter too much!

Ax
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Only.
    think a bout your body how much it hurts and ache's.
    dont do to much in one go rest even if you have to put your legs up for a bit,
    i found out by doing to much and my back and legs going stiff and i could not move.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • only49
    you are truly a wonderful bunch on here where would we all be without you, you even look out for each other, just as a family do, its so good to see.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Only

Goodness me you dust! :shock: Fraid that tends to accumulate here. Think you just need to a little of those chores when you feel you have the energy and try not to fret if it gets left for a while. It works for me. :D
    take care
    Chris
  • only49
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi Only

Goodness me you dust! :shock: Fraid that tends to accumulate here. Think you just need to a little of those chores when you feel you have the energy and try not to fret if it gets left for a while. It works for me. :D
    take care
    Chris
    well confesion time not since i got back from holiday on the 16 th august, but i have to do some sometime when i feel up to it, one thing i never done and thats ironing i cant stand it i hate this job so much i dont do it, hubby helps a lot he wonderful my knight in shining armour " as the saying goes i would be lost without his help.
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Dust..................turn it into an art form..........

Make pretty swirling patterns........

Draw silly faces.....

Write naughty words/sayings.......

Paint a picture........

Top of wardrobe is best place......

Right......thats dusting sorted..........what next???

Rob x a045.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I like Rob's approach to dust, but it can be bad for one's breathing if it piles up too much. When things got really bad I put away many ornaments and trinkets so as to aid a clean sweep of the Pledge fluffy duster - that's a godsend, so quick and easy and you don't spray dust everywhere. I used to damp dust but that's a no-no now 'cos of going up and down the stairs to rinse out dusters. I can make a Pledge fluffy head last for ages, so it isn't that expensive to run! I cook and iron sitting down, vacuuming is the one thing I find really hard now, but I am fortunate in having a domestic slave for that bit. She, however (the cheek of it!) is going on holiday next week, so I guess the Dyson will have a week off. I shall resort to the carpet sweeper then. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    hi

just goes to show somehow you just do find a way of doing something different you just have to, all i say is thank goodness for modern gadgets where would we be without them.