cervical spondylosis

cas1971
cas1971 Member Posts: 24
i have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis of the neck its soo painful i have been prescribed strong pain killers as i an illergic to anti inflammatorys would using a tens machine help this conditon.

Thanks caroline

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    cas1971 wrote:
    i have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis of the neck its soo painful i have been prescribed strong pain killers as i an illergic to anti inflammatorys would using a tens machine help this conditon.

Thanks caroline
    the short answer is yes, tens machine, wheat bags and i use a silk scarf when neck very bad. it's surprising the difference the scarf alone makes and of course you can wear it outside. scarves very trendy at moment too
    xx
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    cas1971 wrote:

Thanks caroline

Hi Caroline

In addition to DDs suggestion you may also like to have a look at our 'Coping with Pain' booklet which you can down load from this link: http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets or send us a PM with you full name, age and postal address so we can send you an information pack.

Here is another useful information link: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis_information/arthritis_types__symptoms/neck_pain-1.aspx

Hope that hlps

Best wishes

Simona
  • cas1971
    Many thanks guys i went and bought one and it helps a bit but only while your wearing it .

Thanks caroline
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Caz

i got it too :(

Heat and ice I agree help no end. Have never tried my tes but have one :shock: silly me!

Also taking painkillers regularly. Not sleeping on too many pillows or trying just a rolled up handtowel in you neck?

Hope you feel better soon.

Love

Toni xx
  • cas1971
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Caz

i got it too :(

Heat and ice I agree help no end. Have never tried my tes but have one :shock: silly me!

Also taking painkillers regularly. Not sleeping on too many pillows or trying just a rolled up handtowel in you neck?

Hope you feel better soon.

Love

Toni xx
    Hi Toni

Its a right downer at times

i done just 20 mkins of ironing about a week ago and left me in such a mess had to get some diazepam to get me moving again.

The tens machine is ok but only helps for a short while :(

how long have you had it for?

Caroline x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Caroline

I've had it for ages but dont use it enough - its a bit of a faff isnt it? :(

Poor you ironing is a bit of a no-no isn't it?

Try ten minutes at a time more than once a day instead?

Or ironing WITH the tens on?! If it works please let me know.

Is yours two or four pads?

Love

Toni xx
  • cas1971
    frogmorton wrote:
    Caroline

I've had it for ages but dont use it enough - its a bit of a faff isnt it? :(

Poor you ironing is a bit of a no-no isn't it?

Try ten minutes at a time more than once a day instead?

Or ironing WITH the tens on?! If it works please let me know.

Is yours two or four pads?

Love

Toni xx

Hi Toni

mine is a two pad i wil give that a try when im doing my next attempt at ironing xx