Applying for a new job today - help needed

Options
Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
Dear all

I am in the process of filling out all the forms for a new job. It is a part time post (17.5 hours a week). It is for the church of england as the co-ordinator of a christian education centre. It is also a 2 mile drive across town and I think it may suit me well. Closing day is 20th sept and I have had the forms for 2 weeks. I have filled out all the usual stuff and writing out my statement today to explain why I think I can do the job.

So the dreaded section - the health form. I have explained about the serious illness I have had in the last 3 years.

This is the difficult question: Have you had more than 3 days off employment in the last year? Answer yes.

Since January this year, I have been working as a cookery tutor (don't know how as I have no qualifications for that he he he). I have only had 1 day off due to RA flare in April.

However last year I was doing a temp teaching contract from september to december. I had the worst timetable, all the horrendous classes, I was also teaching subjects I have not been trained to teach, it was a 40 mile round trip and by middle of november, I could not sleep or eat as so stressed. So was signed off for stress from November 10 to end of term. How do I cover this on the form? Don't want to lie, but want to explain.

So what shall I put?

Thanks for help, I really want to get this form done and posted today!!

Fayann xxx

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fayann,

I'm not much good at this sort of thing ... but probably describe it very like you did just now to us (just leave out the bit "the very worst classes" and/or substitute for a suitable phrase.

What have you done in previous years? Could you illustrate how your attendance at work is usually great when not in a stressful and unsuitable job (even though this hasn't been asked for) it would put this period of stress into a wider context?

Hopefully other will come along with more advice...

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Rainbow77
    Options
    Hi Speedy

Thanks for your reply. I have been honest and just wrote that the job was unsuitable for me, a 40 mile round trip and I had to teach subjects that I was unfamiliar with and this caused me a lot of stress.

Well will see, will get it posted off tomorrow.

Thanks again
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well done you, good luck. I firmly believe in what's to be is to be.

It does sound an ideal job, the right number of hours and close to home.

Keep us posted,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • Rainbow77
    Options
    Hi Speedy

Thanks for your support. Yes, will see now. I have got 3 hours a week teaching cookery for next 13 weeks. So I think it would work out well if I get the job. I have done my bit now. The interview is on the 29th of sept if I get short listed.

Hope you get your phased back to work sorted out, it seems that no-one works together on these things and passes the buck. If the letter is not right what you GP is doing, tell them. At least you have some time to get it changed. If it is not right, speak to the practise manager.

x