winniethepooh Member Posts: 11
having to finish work

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Winniethepooh,

I'm sorry about that.

Was it your choice because you are findng it too hard physically or was a decision work made which you disagree with?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • winniethepooh
    like alot of us my job is/was extremely demanding .(child protection /domesic violence .i could just about manage phisically but mentally i tried and tried ,reducing case loads etc but my memory was /is not reliable and it takes me long enough to remember day to day things like my grandaughters name ,bless her !.i am now back on sick , awaiting to be redeployed but the thought of working and not being reliable frightens the hell out of me . please do not think im not wanting to work .i am 49yrs of age and worked all my life very hard .i feel so safe when at home and are enjoying being a hosewife again and not having to worry about making mistakes .
  • winniethepooh
    like alot of us my job is/was extremely demanding .(child protection /domesic violence .i could just about manage phisically but mentally i tried and tried ,reducing case loads etc but my memory was /is not reliable and it takes me long enough to remember day to day things like my grandaughters name ,bless her !.i am now back on sick , awaiting to be redeployed but the thought of working and not being reliable frightens the hell out of me . please do not think im not wanting to work .i am 49yrs of age and worked all my life very hard .i feel so safe when at home and are enjoying being a hosewife again and not having to worry about making mistakes .I have just recently being diagnosed with fibromyalgia
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Winniethepooh,

no one on here judges anyone else (although we give each other a gentle nudge sometimes!) It sounds like you are ready for a break from your role. Stress lowers our ability to cope with pain and it sounds like you need the time off to get your head around your diagnosis. Do you have a say in your deployment? If you were in a more suitable position do you feel you would feel more able to cope? Can you afford to reduce your hours? Don't feel guilty you have made a brave decision and it sounds like the right one.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.