appointment at last

salamander
salamander Member Posts: 1,906
edited 25. Sep 2010, 13:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been waiting for my rheumy to bring my appointment forward from December - very patiently for letter to drop through letter box but nothing. Dreaded nurse rang me yesterday to say that my September 1st ALT reading was high and I needed another blood test. She advised me to ring consultant's sec about appt. Turns out he forgot to ask her to change it :( but she gave me one for 13 Oct. Not too long to wait and just as well I rang. Can't start any new drugs, obviously, until I see him and am reliant on stds to keep going. He had hinted I could have anti tnf's because of my asthma and very bad recent chest infection. Slightly worried as don't know what else he has up his sleeve.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sal

Bloomin good job you rang :shock:

honestly left hand doesn't know eh? :roll:

Oct 13th is very soon now - you will make it to teher with the steroids for sure.

Hope he has a good plan in mind for you Sal :wink::)

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi Sally :D

just as well you rang rheummy secretary isn't it :? :wink: how easily information gets lost!

I'm glad you're now seeing your consultant in October :D maybe he will have a new med regime that will bring arther under control and lower the ALT readings.... September 1st? did I read that right? took the nurse a bit of a time to get in touch. :roll:

It is a consideration wondering what comes next with meds...but your consultant will talk it all through with you...I agree it can make you feel a bit 'vulnerable' when about to embark on a new med, especially the heavy duty ones....... but what choices do we have?.

I hope that whatever he suggests it will be effective for you :wink:

hope you have a lovely weekend.

Iris xxxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Good thing you rang to check!! Dear oh dear, good job we don't just leave our lives in their hands and that we interfere and check up etc!!! Hope you get some answers/new meds at your next appointment. October - much better than December!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • salamander
    thanks Toni, Iris and Speedy, yes, it is just as well I rang though he's normally quite good. Am still waiting for a letter from nurse for blue badge that's been in the system for a month!! Apparently it's on it's way...... Iris, you are right, it was the lst September - guess the entire rheumatology department was away for a month or something :D

Although am nervous about new drugs will be glad to get something on the go.
    xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi salamander

Yes it was a good job you rang

I have learn't to look after myself and make notes of when any dr or rheumy dr needs to see me then if i haven't had the said appointment therough the door in good time I enquire about it.

You do feel a bit funny doing this but hey its our body Look after No 1! no one else will.

hope you are not too bad today

JuliePF x
  • salamander
    hi Julie, well, I think you have to. Unfortunately things don't always get done as they should.
    xx