Bath/Shower Towels

lynnhb
lynnhb Member Posts: 62
edited 4. Oct 2010, 08:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
These take a while to adjust to as they can feel peculiar, but microfibre towels are wonderful as they are so lightweight. For people with troublesome hands or difficulties lifting things they are great. I also like them for holidays as they pack small, weigh little & dry extremely quickly. Wash on a low heat setting to save energy too. Quite often these towels are available at the cheaper supermarkets that have become popular of late (I don;t know if I am allowed to say their names????) & are not too expensive.
If you haven't already tried them, have a go.
Lynn xxxx

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    thanks for the tip Lynn :D

I've seen these microfibre towels and did wonder if they were worth trying. :wink:

you could post this tip on Lululu's topic at the top of the LWA page too.

Iris xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    H Lynn,

Thanks for that, like Iris I see them and wonder if they actually work..... I am glad you have put it up on the helpful post and will give them a try. Cris x

Del..... define 'odd' :lol::lol: x
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    They work, we use them for camping etc but i also used to look after a lady who used them to sit on when she got out the bath, said they dried her bum in no time and no more sores, she used to make me laff bless her.

i always keep a couple in the car as they are so handy.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Lynn

I agree and use them all the time. I got mine from Lakelands a couple of years ago and don't use anything else. Hubby still has normal towels he doesn't like them.

You have to remember to 'dab' dry rather than 'rub' like a conventional towel.

Mine still look good eve after constant use.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi I've not seen the towels, but I do use the clothes; they are good wet & dry and really seem to make housework easier! :shock: I can believe the towels are good though as the clothes are fantastic and mopping up spillages, which seem to happen all the time! Love Sue
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    always have one for hols when going out for day take it with us incase decide to have a swim while out val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    My daughter really rates them for use when going swimming which she does all the time. It packs up small and drys easily. I got her one for xmas last year as her other one was wearing out after 10 years use. :shock: She wanted the extra large size so it can be wrapped around her! She is tiny by the way! :) I bought it on the internet from K*thma*du.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    I use these too first bought for camping also.
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Great tip, thx.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    I have a large bath towel which I made into a wrap-around towel but stitching elastic along one long side, then added an open-ended zip (meant for coats) to the short sides.

WHen i get out of the bath I wrap myself in this, fasten it up, and by the time I have cleaned the bath, dried my arms & legs the rest of me is all sorted :D

The microfibre towels are particularly useful for this, and also for drying long hair ... .wrap large towel round hair, leave for 10 mins, replace with one of those hair wrap towels, then it takes very little drying at all with a hairdryer :D:D

Wonky
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I love them too

but they 'go through me' if I have any dry or snaggy skin on my hands :shock: :shock: :shock:

My step dauyghter took mine on D0fE camp too :D

Love

Toni xx

Wonky I like the idea - i want one extra now for my hair :wink:
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    I saw these in my local Aldi just yesterday and while i didnt take any note of the price im sure they were pretty reasonable for a pack of three....Be worth a try if nothing else as Aldi does do quite good things for good value......

Hope has been useful info..

Elainex
  • lynnhb
    lynnhb Member Posts: 62
    Hi all. Thanks for all your responses to my comment on microfibre towels; you have given me ideas too. As you have mentioned names, I will say I have seen them at Lidl, Aldi & on TV shopping channel QVC.

Good to hear too that there are 'campers' out there. Any travel/camping/caravanner tips would be appreciated. I am new to both living with arthritis & caravanning.

Love Lynn xxxx :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Thanks Lynn for srating the thread.

Hopefully you've helped a lot of us.

Ask for any tips and we will try to help if we can. My best would be to get a camping bed so you aren't getting up off the floor!! That is right hard :shock:

Love

Toni xx